WickedDuck Mod 13 GWF Build

by WickedDuck on January 23, 2018

WickedDuck Mod 13 GWF Build

Hello, Welcome to my Mod 13 GWF guide this is my first guide so bear with me and apologies for the poorly designed guide.
So, this build is in my opinion the optimal option for mod 13 for max consistent DPS.

Why no Disciple of War you might ask? Well Disciple of War has never been good, it only works off your base recovery, armor penetration and it was just used as a means to get to the next feats since it was the most useful out of the 4 (Deep Gash, Mighty Blade, Unfettered Strikes, Disciple of War). That changes in mod 13 since Mighty Blade now works with weapon master’s strike and other powers.

Why no Battle Awareness? Used it never liked it, I’ve been running Relentless Battle Fury since mod 8-9 if I recall correctly and the main reason why is because of the current meta where you get a lot of power from clerics and paladins who can get you to 200-250k power. This makes Battle Awareness overkill (see math below for why) and in the end all it does is slow down your rotation and forces you to spam Battle Fury more frequently to keep it up 100% of the time even solo where I have 80k power and 45k base power. So basically the small dps increase Battle Awareness gives is not worth it compared to the increased risk of losing the 100% uptime of Battle Fury which is a 25% damage buff.

Click here to check your damage increase from power

With the new Chultan Tiger companion, the Sellsword is going to be replaced. The debuff does have 100% uptime even though the debuff bar doesn’t show it. You will still need the trinity of archons and a siege master or a velociraptor if you are in a premade group and everyone is using it.The companion gear is pretty much full loyal avenger with brutals in offense and darks in defense. No crit severity companions. I see a lot of people having the misconception that 10% crit severity is a 10% damage increase due to not knowing how the crit severity formula works.

Update on the companion gear I might be swapping 2 loyal avenger rings with those rings as of right now on preview the equip bonus works with the companions although it’s still unknown if 2 +5s will stack together the stats are worth it. It is ideal for the chultan tiger due to its 2 slots. (Update they don’t stack together, different ranks do stack though +5 and +4)

Now I know console doesn’t have loyal gear so I am going to give you a link from the unblogged website that has a stat building simulator to work out your stats there. Click here

Gear Updates on tiger

• Swapped a ring for a gravestriker +4 ( I believe the equip power will be nerfed in the near future) I will be trying out 1 beaded assault ring and 1 bronzewood raid ring. I will play around with stats on preview and let you guys know.

Click here to check your damage increase from critical severity

So the max crit severity I can get is 128% with potions and the pocket pet let’s add 10% extra crit severity to that

Mount Stuff

Nothing to explain here use 4k power or crit depending on your stats (or 2k I use 2k crit on live server If on a tight budget). Tenser’s or Tyrannosaurus for the debuff. Artificer’s persuasion might be a pretty good option since finally slam is useful and the faster you get it back at mobs the better but you don’t really have to use it either you can use protector’s friendship or combatant’s maneuver.

Race/Stat rolls

Your best choice is metallic Ancestry Dragonborn or Half Orc. You are most likely going to use Half Orc because who in their right mind would pay 10+ million ad (PC price) to get some extra HP for aura of courage. Dragonborn is not worth it to be honest the 3% power it gives is based on your base power so it won’t be any crazy increase not to mention that power is hit with Relative increase and the increase it gives is extremely small compared to half orc’s 5% crit severity.

Stat Rolls for Half orc

Stat Rolls for Metallic Ancestry Dragonborn

This is what your stat rolls should be like with Half Orc and Metallic Ancestry DB

Half Orc

Why Charisma instead of Dexterity? Because of the extra combat advantage damage it gives.

Powers/Class feats

For solo play you are going to run Hidden Daggers, Battle fury and Daring shout. It’s more worth it in my opinion than IBS since the Vorpal meta is dead on GWF therefore you are not benefitting as much from ibs. If there is no Guardian fighter marking for you in buff groups you should stick with these powers. Now If there is a Guardian Fighter in your group you should switch out Daring Shout with Indomitable Battle Strike since there is no point in marking him again as you already get the buff from powerful challenge. Also, if you time it well and kill the mobs, IBS is better than Daring Shout on trash because the mark will spread to every enemy and now that slam is buffed and wrecks mobs you should use it whenever available. (slam got fixed it doesn’t work as mentioned before)

Class feats are the usual Destroyer/Wrathful Determination combo.

At mobs I use lightning. At bosses I use Holy Avenger and yeah Fey is slightly better than Holy Avenger only if there is a Paladin and a Guardian Fighter in the group because of Aura of Courage being buffed by fey and also getting 20% extra damage from Encounters. Another thing is that in tomb Bloody Death works better with Fey because your at-wills will be doing 20% more damage. Remember though IF and only IF there is a paladin and a GF will Fey be better.

From what it Seems like Primal gear won’t be the best option anymore for dps I found some gear from hunts that should increase our damage by 10-12%.

Single Target

Offense slots

Brutals(Might want to use some savage,demonic enchants also to hit the 85% Resistance ignored)

Defense slots

Radiants for Aura of courage

I’m going to be using the primal weapons the set bonus refreshes as of right now and they are pretty easy to obtain compared to tyrant weapons(if something changes and tyrant weapons get buffed im going to be using those instead). I am planning to get 2 main hands 1 for lightning at mobs with weapon master strike damage buff. And another one with sure strike buff with either feytouched or holy avenger. So If anyone is planning on aiming for this to get them day 1 of mod 13 I’d suggest capping 3 toons on seals.

Pretty sure you can figure those out on your own I’ll just give you the stronghold boons power/defense(use hp boon if there is a paladin in the group to buff aura of courage damage) For solo or if there is no paladin in the group switch to the defense boon.

I chose to use 2 crit severity 1 lifesteal on the tyranny of dragon’s boons the damage increase is pretty slow that’s why I went with that extra life steal since I have 128% crit severity 1.5% extra crit severity would be a 0.657% dps increase.

Why do I need HP Wicked?

Aura of courage is a very big part of your damage and it scales with YOUR health basically the more health you have the more damage Aura of Courage will do. Which in my opinion is more worth it since you don’t get anything crazy from Azures or Black ice enchants in defense slots.I have 4 defense slots so I can get 4000 defense (azures) If they are rank 14 which means from the steely defense feat I get an additional 1000 power which is basically nothing if you read my take on Battle Awareness.

Since I got some requests ( and backlash) for not providing the boons. I thought they were pretty self explanatory so I didn’t include them. Apologies for assuming that.

Major/Superior Flask of potency, Wild Storm Elixir, Squash soup, stronghold food 1k power or 1k crit

Now you got the build but that doesn’t mean you will play like me and go outdps everyone out there all the stuff I use is pretty much irrelevant it all comes down to skill and knowing your class. I made 3 videos 1 for aoe 1 for single target and 1 for boss rotations in groups I hope you find them helpful.

I pop tenser’s then I use wheel of elements, I pop slam (so here is the trick this is how slam works now if there are 5 enemies it will do maximum damage if there are no enemies it will do no damage). Pop battle fury and slightly sprint to cancel its animation then pop daggers you don’t really have to do battle fury first it doesn’t really matter. Now use weapon master’s strike get the one enemy at low hp and use IBS if you time it correctly and kill the enemy all enemies around it will be marked keep using weapon master’s strike until they die of course you are going to have to use the buffs again and keep the uptime at 100% as much as possible.

Single Target

It’s pretty much the same as the Boss Rotation just keep buffs at 100% uptime although you are going to want to use daring shout instead of ibs since no one is marking for you so it’s basically the same as being in a buff group without a gf.

Boss Rotation

A little explanation on the boss rotation I start by using Crescendo to build Destroyer quickly. I then instantly use Tenser’s and use Weapon Master’s Strike. Before weapon master’s strike is done I pop Battle Fury. I slightly sprint to skip its long animation. I pop the soul sight artifact, use hidden daggers. When I see Break the Spirit and Forgemaster’s flame in my buff bar I use IBS (also use your at wills as an indicator on when to use IBS, NEVER SPAM IT). I try to pop Battle Fury again but I cancelled the animation too early and didn’t get the buff, didn’t sweat it though because the boss was already low on hp so I didn’t try recasting it and then I use another IBS to finish him off.

(Those numbers that you see aren’t easily achieved by every group, the group I was running with is premade and we were all coordinated and knew how to stack buffs/debuffs properly to get the most damage output so don’t expect every group to do the same)

Math Magician Janne(Crit severity, Power charts) Link to her Website

Neverwinter Unblogged owner J0shi for providing the stat simulator.

You can find me on the neverwinter unblogged discord mostly memeing feel free to ask me any questions there I’m on most of the time. Click here

Can this build be played in early game?

With a few tweaks, yes it can. Battle Awareness is not going to be as strong late game (slightly worse) whereas using relentless battle fury will increase the overall uptime of an always flat 25% damage buff (rank 4). If you can’t reach 100% crit chance with wrathful determination then you should switch to Weapon Master. Also CHA is more of an overkill thing it’s like 2% extra damage. At early game use DEX until you gear up enough to make those changes.

• January 23, 2018 at 4:03 am

Unique decisions?
    Actual research?
    Not just trusting tooltips?
    Math skills from GWF?
    Written from the perpective of someone who actually knows their stuff?

GTFO Duck, we can’t ruin the Mmominds status quo!!!

… Oh wait, you misspelled “Squash Soup”.

Status quo upheld!

• Germmar
    January 23, 2018 at 8:58 am

Thanks for the build. For the chult boon should I pick Lingering Curse or Soul Syphon?

• January 23, 2018 at 1:56 pm

I actually haven’t even bothered picking the last boon because they are all pretty much bad for dps If I were to pick 1 out of the 4 I’d choose Death’s Blessing honestly.

• Jude
    January 23, 2018 at 9:17 am

Aura of Courage? Only Paladins has that if I’m correct. How will Radiants on a GWF affect that? I feel more confused in regarding this class after reading your guide.

• January 23, 2018 at 1:50 pm

• TDP Spaz
      February 6, 2018 at 5:17 pm

In easy terms this is what he means. Aura of Courage(a Paladin Skill will only be beneficial if you are running with a Paladin) causes you to do additional damage based on YOUR hit points (not the Paladin’s hit points).

• Kyle
      February 19, 2018 at 1:21 pm

Aura of courage makes allies deal 1% of their maximum hitpoints as bonus radiant damage. Radiant sim Defense give more hitpoints I believe. More hitpoints = more damage. I guess this is what you aim for if you know your going to be running with an OP

• Jude
    January 23, 2018 at 9:21 am

I got so confused that I used has instead of have.

• January 23, 2018 at 1:06 pm

For the final chult boon, which one should I choose

• January 23, 2018 at 2:21 pm

Where is Cw build -_- sharp slacking … have to play him well

• givueffe
    January 23, 2018 at 5:20 pm

Great build, but there is something missing: spaces before parentheses.

• Bangkok Betty
    January 23, 2018 at 7:19 pm

Nice build man, its how i started running my gwf after i got sick of slam, but didnt even think about the insignias bonuses you use, makes more sence to use the buff ones for burns, will have to try it out later! If you recieve a <3 in-game you know the insinia bonuses finally got me past a 30mil IBS

• ExX
    January 23, 2018 at 11:39 pm

Hey, im seeing a lot of guys using Terror enchant too, how that compares to holy or fey? Is the dmg gain comparing to light too big to ignore or a poor guy can stick to light?

• ExX
      January 24, 2018 at 12:14 am

Also, in a party without the gf+op combo, will fey be much worse than the others?

• January 24, 2018 at 3:53 am

Weapon enchantments are a tricky thing to figure out.

For GWF, the proc enchantments (Holy/Terror/Lightning/etc.) provide the best boost to your At-wills, but do little else for buffing the rest of your attacks.

Whereas Feytouched provides a damage buff, though it is not as strong as adding damage to your at-wills as the proc enchants are. In exchange, Feytouched fills more of a jack of all stats and provides a nice damage boost across all of your damage including At-wills, Encounters, and even procs like Aura of Courage.

So the tricky part becomes figuring out where your main sources of damage are, and on which sources of damage to focus on increasing.

To answer your first question, Terror is a bit worse than Holy Avenger due to Holy Avenger’s special mechanic being better for boss burns. You can basically consider them the same enchantment, and Terror should stack up against Fey the same way Holy does, but slightly worse than Holy’s performance.

In terms on comparisons to Lightning, Lightning in Mod13 is actually rather decent all around choice due to a variety of bugfixes. It still is the king of AoE, though it loses to specialized enchantments in their respective roles (loses to Holy for increasing At-will damage and loses to Fey for increasing single target damage if you got a GF +OP).

I think Duck would be better off answering your question down below. However, from what I can guess/know about how Duck does GWF, the answer your third question is that Fey would fall behind Holy/Terror/Lightning by quite a bit. The main advantages that Fey has over Holy/Terror/Lightning are that:

A. Fey buffs Aura of Courage procs you get from OP better than any other enchant. Aura of Courage is 1/4th, if not more of your DPS output, and buffing your Courage damage is a huge part of Duck’s build. Obviously, no Paladin, no Courage, and you lose 1/4th of your DPS output. With Courage out of the picture, the main focus of your DPS shifts to your At-wills, and the proc enchants will add more damage on At-wills when compared to Fey.
      B. Feytouched buffs IBS better than Holy/Terror/Lightning. Duck only bothers with IBS if he gets a GF to mark for him. With no GF marking, he drops IBS for Daring Shout, and with no IBS, your damage starts to shift more towards your At-wills, and like before, the proc enchantments add more damage to your At-wills much better than Feytouched does.

• January 24, 2018 at 10:04 am

Thanks for answering that basically I use fey when there is a gf and op if there aren’t both I’ll use holy avenger. Now if there is only a paladin and you are running tomb it would be better to run feytouched at first boss because of how bloody death works. And after that I’d switch to holy for the other bosses.

• ExX
          January 24, 2018 at 11:35 am

holy mother, i came looking for an answer, got a lesson instead. Thank you both very much for the effort im helping a newb.

• ScorZa
          January 27, 2018 at 3:17 pm

Hi, i’m using t.bilethorn atm do you think it would kill lots of dps for me ?

• ScorZa
          January 28, 2018 at 9:13 am

Thanks for suggestions i’ll be selling bilethorn today and in 2 days of farming i can probably make holy avenger ad 🙂

• The blue
    January 25, 2018 at 10:10 am

Hey, i can’t afford 3 enchants, so which 2 i should get, lightning and fey or holy?

• January 26, 2018 at 5:52 pm

i would like to thank wicked duck for his awesome build i use to have problems getting it unstoppable for my wife but now its hitting 50 mil dick-shots

• JJ1200
    January 26, 2018 at 6:35 pm

First thanks for a well thought out guide with new ideas!

My only question is DEX +1% Crit vs CHA +1% combat adv damage.

Using ACT I can see I dont have 100% uptime on Combat Advantage & giving up the +1 to crit at levels 10, 20, 40, 50 and 70 means I have to make up that 5% missing crit, which means giving up power. My concern would be does the math work out that Combat Adv Dmg bns > Opportunity Cost of losing power to make up for lost crit?

• January 27, 2018 at 7:46 am

For solo it doesn’t really matter if you run DEX or CHA. But for group play Combat advantage damage works like crit severity so you can say it’s an extra 5% crit severity at bosses it should be up 100% of the time with the guardian fighter marking or you marking.

• youelitistprick
    January 27, 2018 at 7:34 pm

“(Those numbers that you see aren’t easily achieved by every group, the group I was running with is premade and we were all coordinated and knew how to stack buffs/debuffs properly to get the most damage output so don’t expect every group to do the same)”

Let me cut through your bullshit, translate to the truth:

Wicked Duck would say if honest: Those numbers that you see aren’t easily achieved by every group, the group I was running with is premade of elitist pay to win arrogant know-it-all pricks like me so who cares about rotations or powers, at our pay to win item level any power will do to “cheat” by producing ridiculous numbers not balanced to any content in the game.

• January 28, 2018 at 7:42 am

hmmmmm https://prntscr.com/i6ms46 pay2win by the way 🙂 . All good though call me elitist cause I’ve never went into random groups and played with people I’ve never went into 2nd or last boss fail teams to help them finish the dungeon I probably know who you are but it’s all good keep talking shit cause it’s clearly only us knowing how to buff correctly(you know other groups from the drider server and the console server can’t do the same) I could explain the buffs for you and you can try them out on your own with your group.

• January 28, 2018 at 10:43 am

“(you know other groups from the drider server and the console server can’t do the same)” — Xbox just got the fastest TONG run tonight… Suck a fatty DuckBoy =)

Love you though.

Oh, and to the Original Guy. Duck never spent a dime on the game. He’s just a teenager. Just because we are “elitist” and better than you… don’t hate =) Learn to play

• January 28, 2018 at 12:06 pm

I was being sarcastic,cabrio head, love you too though. It’s all good let him believe whatever he wants it’s one of those players that will never get anywhere and just hate on everything.

• kratos
    January 28, 2018 at 9:29 am

thanks for the build and all the helpful info, can u tell me what are my options for armor enchants. I am using trans bark but lately i feel it’s not good for me. BTW i am on ps4 if that make any deference.

• BaguetteMan
    January 28, 2018 at 9:29 pm

Thx, very good guide for end game gwf.

• Tavares
    January 29, 2018 at 4:04 am

Hello Duck, excellent explanation of your ideas and what you understand about the class … Congratulations! From a look at this link and tell me if you find the detail I’m missing, it looks like something is still missing to reach the big hits … Thanks for the attention …. http: //xboxdvr.com/gamer/gktavares31/video/43114762

• January 29, 2018 at 12:23 pm

Hey, I can’t open the link but If you are talking about the buff group there are many factors it depends on the group I’ve had buff groups where the buffs weren’t timed well therefore not giving maximum damage, DCs giving AA after companions proccing which is basically useless. Also, lag also ruins rotations by a lot not only for DPS but for clerics.

• January 29, 2018 at 6:10 pm

Hey I watched your video your damage is pretty good I don’t know about the group you were running with and it’s kinda hard to see if their buff uptime was the problem due to the buff bar on xbox being short and not showing all the buffs. Also like I said keep track of your sure strikes as an indication of how much your ibs will hit for check your average sure strikes during the fight if the buffs are high enough your sure strikes will show when to ibs.

• Tavares
          January 29, 2018 at 6:36 pm

Duck sorry the noob here lol, but I did not understand how to control it in Sure Strike ??

• January 29, 2018 at 6:56 pm

basically keep track of your numbers if your sure strikes are very high use ibs. If you check my ras nsi video you can see when I use ibs and I explained it im pretty sure under the video.

• January 29, 2018 at 7:00 pm

Either way can’t really tell how much dps you do unless I see you hit some target dummies with the same setup as mine because buff groups vary.

• Vox
    January 29, 2018 at 12:39 pm

What is the build for Human race?

• January 29, 2018 at 2:35 pm

hmmm human? it’s pretty much the same as half orc when it comes to stat rolls but I don’t see any reason why you would need to be human on gwf.

• Vox
        January 29, 2018 at 4:20 pm

I already started as Human and invested too much in the character. Cannot go back now …
        Stats would be Strength and Constitution, right? Or anything else?

• January 29, 2018 at 5:09 pm

Races don’t make a big difference and it can be fixed later on with a race reroll token to half orc. I’d go with Strength and Dexterity since I’m assuming you’re new, full endgame you’d go STR,CHA but like I said full endgame it’s a little bit of extra damage going to CHA instead of DEX but only if you have a lot of crit and instead of converting the excess crit to power for group play I chose to go with Combat advantage damage which acts like crit severity.

• Vlek
    January 29, 2018 at 5:38 pm

2 Questions:
    1) does tiger’s debuff stack?
    2) do 2 arp rings (2.5%dmg) stack?

• January 29, 2018 at 5:53 pm

Hey, I tested the uptime and rjc tested the stacking it does stack and its uptime is 100% if it has combat advantage (Although combat advantage from side to side is bugged at the moment marking and HR’s aspect of the pack still works). To my knowledge the rings won’t stack. This was tested by Xyrella on preview his tests show that 2 identical rings don’t stack but at different ranks they do.

• Vlek
        January 29, 2018 at 6:11 pm

Thanks, now you raised 2 questions
        1) +4 and +5 power/arp or +5 power/arp and +5 power/crit? (for gwf, not pet)
        2) does mof rene CA work?

• January 29, 2018 at 6:15 pm

Yes mof rene CA works. I’d probably use +5 and +4 for character with power/arp and 1 power/crit +5 on my companion because stats are going to be a problem with the new hunt gear and I’ll have to rework my stats and stuff.

• Vlek
            January 29, 2018 at 6:18 pm

Thank you very much, i need to rework my arp anyway, i’m sitting at 103% RI right now (i have no idea how that happened) so i might just do it with new rings in mind.

Keep expanding it as you have more time, adding info etc, and it’ll be the best guide out there.

• January 29, 2018 at 6:19 pm

Thanks, definitely will keep updating it when I get my hands on new hunt gear.

• January 29, 2018 at 5:55 pm

thank you for the boons!

• Tavares
    January 29, 2018 at 10:18 pm

Okay, I’m going to record a video and I’ll send you the link, you take a look, to see what you think … I’m sorry to bother you so much, but I always strive to improve and you’re a great player, you can help me.

• Jimmy John
    February 2, 2018 at 1:07 pm

Could you spell out the rotations in the top two vids, por favor?

• doe
    February 4, 2018 at 3:06 am

Ya sure that the tiger is better than erinyes? It definitely is on trash fights, but on bosses, 25 seconds uptime is pretty terrible for the bonus.

• February 4, 2018 at 10:42 am

You mean sellsword? It definitely is better compared to the sellsword bonus 300 power is basically nothing if you lose it, that 5% extra damage is a way bigger increase also the debuff is almost applied instantly compared to sellsword having to do a full wicked strike rotation.

• chemjeff
    February 5, 2018 at 5:14 am

Thank you for your build. Nicely done. Just a couple of questions:

1. It seems as though your damage is built around the OP’s Aura of Courage. A lot of GWFs don’t regularly play with OP, and/or aren’t yet ready for TONG or can’t get into TONG groups. Furthermore, a lot of PVE guilds won’t have access to the HP boon since it requires a lot of PVP currency in order to build, so even if they were playing with an OP, they would be missing out on a lot of HP that you benefit from via the Aura of Courage. For these GWFs – no Stronghold HP boon, no OP in party – what would you change about your build?

2. Why did you not recommend Steel Blitz with Lightning for AOE fights? I found that to be a little odd.

3. The video you showed of the 5-second final boss fight in TONG, while impressive, is out of reach for about 95+% of the GWFs in the game. Could you show an example of a more typical boss fight, one that takes the generally expected amount of time, which more clearly illustrates a rotation for a boss fight?

• February 5, 2018 at 1:06 pm

Hey, The main intent of this build is for group play, I just pointed out the most viable options. If there is no paladin I said to use defense boon since hp boon won’t really do anything at that group comp. The reason why I chose radiants in defense is due to the fact that you only get 1k extra power from steely defense with 4 rank 14 azures. You can do it for sure if there is no paladin but I don’t see it being wise to put in another 5-6m ad for 1k power. The reason why I don’t use steel blitz is because of aura of courage I find it to be more viable because like steel blitz lightning is bugged with gwf’s weapon master strike which I reported a while ago back in october basically all the arcs can proc aura of courage and steel blitz that means with wrathful arcs will do more making aura of courage do more damage. And yes, I would use steel blitz instead of wrathful if there is no paladin although steel blitz has many bugs on its own. And about the video, I believe gwf has no special rotations or anything as long as you keep your buffs up 100% of the time and timing your IBS with Break the Spirit with Forgemaster’s Flame. Although I’ll think about making a longer video maybe at orcus.

• Tavares
    February 5, 2018 at 3:45 pm

Hello, Duck, look at me here again haha ​​friend you have liked more of what enchantment for Boss, I am using the Terror but I am in doubt sometimes by Fey or Holy Avenger … ok hug

• February 5, 2018 at 5:44 pm

Hey, The difference between those 2 is small If I were to rank them up it would be something like this. 1.Fey(If there is GF and OP in group) 2. Holy Avenger because of the 15 second buff it has. 3. terror for the debuff(also same damage as holy avenger when holy avenger doesn’t have the buff. You can’t go wrong with either of them you can still do a lot of dps the difference is very small.

• Jude
    February 6, 2018 at 11:01 pm

My GWF is my 3rd character behind my 17.5K Paladin Tank and my 16.8K Divine Oracle DC. My DC just finished refining an Unparalleled Dread and “hand-me-down” it’s Unparalleled Plague Fire to the GWF. Can this work or do I have to really obtain a Lightning or a Holy Avenger?

• BlakeFTW
    February 7, 2018 at 11:50 pm

Can you go more in depth about powers?

• February 11, 2018 at 6:42 am

About the new Primal weapon, do you get the 10% damage bonus when healing from lifesteal? Does it work when your HP is full?

• Mango
    February 15, 2018 at 5:35 am

Does bane’s marking give u that 15% damage buff? If not do I use HIDDEN, IBS and DARING on Bosses? or……..?

• Mango
    February 18, 2018 at 4:50 am

So with crit severity, I want a lot? Or as much as I can get?

• February 18, 2018 at 6:33 am

Kind of. Don’t use companions that give crit severity, use companions that give flat % damage bonus. Your only source of crit severity should be potions.

• breellia
    February 22, 2018 at 3:30 am

i tried this and let me tell you….it sucked i really wouldnt reccomend this setup at all before i did this i kinda was terrible but know i just suck you die way to easily the powers he has you use dont do enough damage at all im just saying i wouldnt recomend this and im not very happy im just letting everyone else know so they dont make my mistake.

• rose
    February 22, 2018 at 1:11 pm

ok sorry about my first comment i didnt get to finish it but im having the same luck as the person that wrote the hate comment atleast im assuming thats what it is but do you have any pointers on maybe something i might have done wrong

• Yana
    March 1, 2018 at 3:06 pm

Not everyone can afford mountaineers or legendary companions or 10 million artifacts you should also add other alternatives thanks.

• March 1, 2018 at 4:21 pm

I’ll try making an alternative for players on a tight budget, been thinking about it for a while. But yeah the legendary mounts are not mandatory. On the live server you will be just fine getting an epic mount that gives crit or power or armor penetration. Like I said the artifacts that you must have is soul sight and wheel of elements as active the rest of the 3 depend on what stats you are missing. You can get the lantern of revelation and the control wizard sigil that are free, both give crit. Lantern gives armor pen, combat advantage bonus and CW sigil gives power,control bonus (useless). I hope you understand that I have to give people the best stuff to aim for in the guide.

• sbcavagnis
    March 2, 2018 at 1:36 am

Hey duck, did u test the new Charm of the serpent set? It gives 1 to 5% bonus dmg when u move, the buff goes away if u dont move for 5 seconds. It might be a good option to Orcus I think.

• March 2, 2018 at 12:23 pm

I haven’t had any chance to get it yet. But the attributes it gives seem to benefit hr the most and I really wonder why they would put defensive stats on it. Either way for GWF you are not going to be moving that much and orcus is still superior until they come up with a new BiS dps set in mod 13b

• March 3, 2018 at 10:12 am

What do you think about the ring and boot from Makos. Ring gives 3% damage after daily, boot gives 3% damage at full stamina. Pretty good right.

• Mango
    March 4, 2018 at 7:44 pm

Hey Duck, are using brutals in all offensive slot on your character? And for your companion what enchants are u using? And insignias? Btw I love the build.

• Stahples
    March 8, 2018 at 6:08 am

Hey Duck, just wondering, what enchants do you run on your comp? Brutals like the rest of your Offense?

• March 9, 2018 at 4:54 am

Hey Duck, just wanted to say that I switched from a Slam build to your build about a month ago and its working out great for me. I have Primal weps with Fey for bosses and Headsman weps with Lightning for mobs – saves a LOT of gold. All I can afford for right now until i get a Holy. thanks again for the build and keep up the good work!

• March 9, 2018 at 4:24 pm

Thanks, glad to hear that. I’d recommend getting a 2nd primal main hand with lightning on that has weapon master strike for that extra aoe damage if possible.

• March 11, 2018 at 1:07 am

I like the build. I just have a couple of questions about the Paragon feats you chose. Specifically Staying Power vs. Disciple of War. I realize the power gains of Disciple of War is minimal, but how is it that Weapon Master Strike can further mitigate the defense ignored when we are already at the soft cap? Would that not make staying power more useless to us than a gain of 1800 or so power? Our encounter powers can’t be further mitigated than what we are already doing right? Or am I missing something about staying power that is not in the tip? Thank you.

• March 11, 2018 at 6:56 am

No, not really 2000 power is nothing when you can reach 200-250k power at end groups. In comparison to staying power you will most likely be sitting arround 200-230% effectiveness with an end group that knows what it’s doing. Also another thing to note is that bloody death (orcus dps buff) double dips from debuffs so it’s even better to use debuffs there. One misconception everyone has is that we reach the soft cap, the softcap is at 300% without an mof it’s hard to reach it so you will most likely be at 230-250% with a group using full debuff artifacts due to diminishing returns.

• March 13, 2018 at 3:42 pm

Ya about 3 hours after I left this comment, Facebook people led me in the direction of the answer. I appreciate the response I’ll probably use one of my many respec tokens from Winter fest to fix it as well as a couple boons.

• March 14, 2018 at 4:39 am

How does bloody death work actually? How much buff does it give?

• March 14, 2018 at 7:53 pm

If I recall correctly it does an additional hit of 75% of how much damage you did and double dips through debuffs so it does way more than you actual attacks.

• Mango
    March 16, 2018 at 7:11 pm

Hello duck, I’m on Xbox mod12b still -__-, question for battle awareness is the 25% more power from slam nerfed in mod 13? and is it still good to use in mod 12b? Then switch to relentless BF when mod 13 drops?