Garl’s Warlock Hellbringer Fury PvE Build [Mod 11]

Profile photo of Garlaanx
by Garlaanx on June 4, 2017
Warlock

Garl’s Warlock Hellbringer Fury PvE Build [Mod 11]

Scourge Warlock – Hellbringer Fury PvE Build – Mod 11

This is the Mod 11 Updated Build for the Hellbringer Fury Warlock.  The HB Fury can do some decent single target damage. However, it’s main purpose comes in the form of AoE damage, as well as Group Support.  With Mod 11 there are a lot of options to mold your character to your liking. If you want to build your HB for pure single target you can.  You can also build it for pure AoE damage.  And lastly you also have the options to bring in some group support with either Power of the Nine Hell’s or Dark Revelry.  If the HB Fury doesn’t interest you, you can also check out the Soulbinder Fury Build (Found Here) Also, if you need to contact me to ask questions or just have general feedback. Please, contact me by either my Youtube channel or Twitter. I try to check the comments here as often as I can.. but those two ways will be the best option at this time.

Race

There are 3 possible races for this build.  I find that 2 are the most viable though.
Dragonborn
Tiefling
Human

The player will have to decide where their toon is currently in game.  I personally go with Dragonborn for the 3% Power/Crit.  The Tiefling is fine if your group isn’t melting everything.  The 5% damage increase when the mob is 50% or less HP can be a factor. Human is at the bottom with gaining 3 additional feats that can increase DPS, but not as much as the other 2 options.

Stats

You will want to maximize your initial rolls into CHA/CON and then level them up all the way as you level.

Gear

Currently the Best in Slot option is the Vivified Relic Armor.  However, there are other options available if you don’t have access to these.  You can always mix and match the dungeon specific drops to your liking.  Such as the Lifesilk Spinneret or Psion’s Shroud.

Weapon / Offhand

Currently the Relic Set is Best in Slot.  However, with Mod 11 comes the new Ascendant Set.  This comes down to personal preference. The Relic Set isn’t “easy” to obtain.  You have to grind out materials as well as specific marks in MSVA.  It’s a time and money factor.  The Ascendant Set on the other hand doesn’t take as long and uses old marks to rank up.  The difference is pretty minor in the long run.  The Relic Set is a 10% increase to DPS.. where as the Ascendant Set (Aboleth) is a 4% DPS increase.  Are you willing to grind the long hours to be BiS? Or will you take the “lesser” version?  The choice will be up to you.  Personally, I have both sets and looking down the line to loadouts.

As far as Artifact Powers go.
Hellish Rebuke on Main Hand for +12% Damage
All Consuming Curse on Off Hand for +5% Crit Severity
Either Action Point Gain or Combat Advantage +400

Rings

You now also have some options in to what rings you want to run.  Storm King Thunder Rings are one valid option.  the Dodd (Power/Crit) and Hellig (Power/Recovery) +5’s are both fine.  You can also use the Underdark rings.  Ring of Rising Power / Precision or Brutality / Sudden Precision.  I personally prefer constant stats as opposed to burst DPS. Sudden Precision and Brute give 4k to Power/Crit but only last 10 seconds.  Burst DPS is alright in some situations.  However, as mentioned, I prefer the constant stats that the Rising Power/Precision or SKT Rings bring to the table.  Again, the choice will be up to the player.

3 Piece Set

The Baphomet (Orcus) Set still holds to currently be the best option.  Orcus Shard / Neck / Belt

Artifacts

As far as your active artifact goes.  This build is for AoE damage with single target being secondary.  For that reason alone you should use the Sigil of the Devoted so you can chain cast dailies.  Your other 2 artifact choices are going to be based off what statistics your character needs.  You have to balance your own stats and make sure you are hitting the caps.  Artifacts are a good boost in stats so you should be able to mold your character stats around them.  Make sure to do your research first and figure out which ones you will need so you aren’t leveling up the wrong ones and wasting refinement points.

For my personal build for example.  Since I am using the 4 piece vivified relic set.  None of that gear has any Armor Pen on it all. You have to factor in your bonding companion to see what Armor Pen you are gaining.  If it’s still less than 60% then you might want an artifact that has Armor Pen on it.  All your artifacts should have 1k Power + 1k to another Stat.  Either Armor Pen, Crit or Recovery.

Enchantments

As mentioned before, enchantments are a thing that you can balance based upon what your character still needs.  If you want to run dual stat enchantments such as Brutal that is fine.  However, if you are capped on Armor Pen at 60% and either max 100% or close to it on Crit Chance.. then you want to stack as much Power as you can.  For this reason alone all my Offensive Slots are Radiants.

Defensive slots on the other hand you can use either Azures for the defense or Darks for the lifesteal.  The choice is yours.

Armor Enchantment – You have some options here as well.  I choose to use the Transcendent Negation for the 30% Damage Resistance, 10% Incoming Healing Bonus (Works with Lifesteal) and 10% Recovery.  However, a Soulforge or Elven Battle are both viable options as well.

Weapon Enchantment – Transcendent Lightning works magic with this build on AoE situations. The interactions between Hadar’s Grasp is amazing DPS even though HG is meant as a single target encounter.  Blades of the Vanquished is another combo you can use.  Depending on the dungeon I’m running. I will adjust what powers I use.  As far as single target goes, you will want to use a Transcendent Vorpal.  Your main damage is coming from At-wills and Dailies.

Feats
4/5 Energizing Curse
3/3 Weapon Mastery
3/3 Empowered Rituals
5/5 Determined Casting
2/5 Blood Pact
3/3 Devastating Crit
Total 20 Points – If you roll a Human you will gain an extra 3 points that you can either place in Blood Pact to make it 5/5 or place it in Soul Reaping 3/3 if needed. Also, Scornful Curse 3/3 is another great option.

Hellbringer Path
Fury Tree
5/5 Critical Promise
5/5 Gatekeeper’s Empowerment
5/5 Infernal Wrath
5/5 Executioner’s Gift
5/5 Murderous Flames
1/1 Creeping Death
Damnation Tree
5/5 Parting Blasphemy
5/5 Power of the Nine Hell’s
Total 41 Points

Powers
At-Wills – Hellish Rebuke / Hand of Blight (Can Sub Dark Spiral Aura for AP Gain if needed)
Encounters – Killing Flames / Pillar of Power / Fiery Bolt
Personal – Flames of Empowerment / All Consuming Curse
Daily’s – Tyrannical Threat / Brood of Hadar
All should be maxed with 4 points in each as soon as possible.
Below will be a Spell Rotation Guide – Or you can click HERE for link.

Companions

Legendary Companion – This will be based on the players choice and also the companion gear that you can obtain.  Mod 11 introduced a new skirmish called Illusionist Gambit that has a chance to drop +4 companion gear of many different types.  If you were already using Loyal Avenger Gear / Adorable Gear than this may not affect you.  However, Underdark Rings no longer Proc on Companions.  So, if you have to farm the new gear then you will base your companion off what gear you obtain.  The drop rates are beyond horrible.  Unless you can afford to keep upgrading/changing legendary pets.. then whatever companion gear you obtain you should just go with what you can use.  In my opinion, the Best in Slot Legendary Companion will be the Sellsword.  It has 3 Offense Slots, Power as Active Bonus, and Also a 10% debuff that stacks with other Sellswords in the party and is also uncapped.  The Sellsword uses a Neck/Waist/Sword Knot combo in gear.  If you can’t get the appropriate gear you can do some research and find what’s the best option for you.  Fire Archon / Air Archon / Etc all are valid options.  Just remember, they don’t have debuff aspects to them so it won’t benefit the party as much as the Sellsword would.  You can also still use the Con Artist if you have too.  SKT Rings are another valid option to toss on for Ring Slots.  Ideally you want to get the +4 versions of the “Fierce” companion gear as it’s Power/Crit.  However, the “Heroic” gear is also viable being Power/ArmorPen.  You will have to completely balance your characters stats off your bonding companion and what gear you can obtain.

Other Active Companions – Wild Hunt Rider / Air Archon / Siege Master / Fire Archon
All of these have raw % based damage increases that will scale with the Lightning Weapon Enchant and good for AoE situations.  However, when you change to your Vorpal for single target, You need to take note of were your Crit Severity is while popping potions.  If you are over 185% you should keep the same set up. If not, you can switch out the Siege Master for a Crit Severity Companion.

Boons

Boons should be self explanatory.  You’re going to want to take anything DPS related.  I have removed all the pictures of boons as I felt they were too cluttered.  If you have specific questions about boons.  Feel free to ask.

Mounts

I view the mount system as a sort of “bonus” for stats.  You can make up a lot of stats just from insignias.  Epic Insignias are +200 for a stat and when added up can lead to a nice chunk.  For example: If you are lacking Armor Pen, you can use some Epic Aggressive Insignias.  If you are lacking Crit Chance, you can use some Epic Skill.  If you are capped on everything, you can stack Epic Dominance Insignias which are Power.

For your Combat Power.  I would go with the Tenser’s Disc which adds to Calvary’s Warning.

For Your Mount Power. I would go with pure Power.  Either the Black Ice Warhorse or the Arcane Whirlwind +4,000 Power.  If you don’t have either.. The +2,000 Power are still viable.

For the Mount Insignia’s:
Assassin’s Covenant – More Power
Artificer’s Persuasion – More Recovery / AP Gain
Artificer’s Influence – More Recovery / AP Gain
Cavalry’s Warning – More Power from Legendary Mount
Protector’s Camaraderie – More Power

Finally Here is the Video Guide/Build in Full:

And Also, here is the Spell Power Rotation Guide:

comments
  • November 2, 2016 at 4:55 pm

Great build! I’ve switched to yours and ma Warlock is powerful then ever! Thank you for sharing!

• Profile photo of swapilot
    November 4, 2016 at 12:39 am

Awesome build, I really like the highly informative videos! I cannot wait to try this build.

• Profile photo of KAdamsy1
    November 5, 2016 at 1:10 pm

What would you recommend for a weapon set till the twisted set is obtainable?

• Mikenight120
    November 9, 2016 at 4:53 pm

I want a great dps warlock but i want to make sure that choosing the hellbringer path is the best dps because all the builds ive seen are soulbinder and i want to make sure this is a great build. Im ps4 just incase

• Mikenight120
      November 9, 2016 at 4:56 pm

and i only play PVE just incase

November 15, 2016 at 7:47 am

I would suggest going Damnation until your gear score is like 3k. You will live a lot longer during dungeons as SB Damnation. HB Fury is great DPS.. but you need the gear / item level to see it’s true potential. I would say HB Fury is more End Game.. and SB Damnation is more leveling 1-70 and getting your item level up. (Also, you can still stay SB Damnation even if you are 3k+.. at this point in the game and how both paragons work.. it’s based solely on your playstyle and how you want to play the game)

• November 10, 2016 at 4:50 pm

Does the new Tyrannical Threat rework replace the 20℅ buff from warlocks curse when the Dailey is used single target boss? If so then there would be no increase in dps using that Dailey?

November 10, 2016 at 7:42 pm

Hey Garlaanx! Awesome build as always. Im using it on my HB SW and its amazing.
    Do you know of any transmutation to Twisted set to let them look better?
    Im currently using twisted set with dread enchant on it, and I hate the way they look 🙁

November 15, 2016 at 7:50 am

Honestly, I don’t mess around with Transmutes. I care about Stats in the game not looks =( .. I think the Warlock Weps look pretty lame to begin with it. I would just try to find something you like =)

• Alex
    November 13, 2016 at 6:09 pm

So now Hellbringer > SoulBringer i get it?

November 14, 2016 at 5:44 pm

u mean Soulbinder.

November 15, 2016 at 7:51 am

HB Fury does more DPS yes. The SB Damnation is still tanky though. It all depends on how you want to play these days. 90% of Warlocks are currently running HB Fury.. I’d say 8% are running SB Damnation.. and maybe 2% are running SB Fury… so, in the long run… all up to you =)

• TerrasighT
    November 15, 2016 at 8:23 am

Hi there,

“Rings – Ring of Rising Precision & Ring of Rising Power”

Why? AtM I run sudden brut & sudden precision, why you suggest the rising ones?

November 22, 2016 at 9:45 am

Because I use Sudden Rings on Companion. You can’t use Sudden rings on yourself and companion. The effects won’t stack together. Hence, using Rising Rings on your character.

• TerrasighT
        November 22, 2016 at 9:48 am

Me too on companion…so they don’t stack? Don’t knew it…thanks… 🙂 I’ll change and testing 🙂

• TerrasighT
        November 22, 2016 at 10:54 am

Ok I’ve tested it on puppet at stronghold. I’m on PS4 and what I can see they stack (I only can look at my stats, I’ve no sheet to look at). For example crit: Without sudden crit on me and companion only I can reach 27k. WITH sudden precision on me AND companion I can get over 30k. Same for sudden brutality.

So…it’s a difference between PC and PS4?

• TerrasighT
          November 22, 2016 at 10:59 am

Without sudden on me and on companion only I mean…

December 5, 2016 at 11:31 am

27k without and 30k with doesn’t make sense then. Each rings gives 4k each. With Rank 12 Bondings you get 300% more. If they did stack you would get 4k from the ring on yourself.. + another 4k+300% more from ring on companion as well. As I said.. they don’t stack. They refresh each other. The one on your character will proc.. then the one of your companion will proc right after.. So, you can get almost 100% up time.. but they don’t stack

• TerrasighT
            December 5, 2016 at 11:37 am

That was what I mean… Stack was the wrong word for it (i’m not native englisch). The point was: I get “for me” better results with the sudden combination as with the rising one…

November 18, 2016 at 7:42 pm

Garlaanx! Help help again!

Im using a Transcendent Dread on my Weapon. Do I still need to boost crit severity, for example, with Tiranny od Dragons Boons? Can I change them to life steal?

November 22, 2016 at 9:46 am

On Console it doesn’t show your total crit severity stat. So, you have to manually add up how much you currently have. Anything past 185% in my opinion is useless. Even at 150% is fine. It’s up to you =)

• Rafael
    November 21, 2016 at 2:33 am

Hey dude… i can’t get the twisted weapons yet. Which elemental do you think it’s better for this build?

November 22, 2016 at 9:47 am

Elemental Weps are very out dated. I would worry about getting the 2500 item level to get into Demo and start farming your Ichor. 10.5 out soon, will be even better weps. I would suggest getting Ensorcelled until Twisted.

• Daniel
    November 26, 2016 at 6:05 pm

Hey man I’m running your build…2800 gs and doing by my standards terrible
    Any chance you can get with me in game?
    PSN:draughmor

• Jeremiah Siemiaszko
    December 1, 2016 at 3:49 pm

Looking to get either the vorpal or dread, i was told that the vorpal only adds crit severity to at wills. Is this true? Cuz if it us, wouldnt the dread be the clear winner in that case?

Thanks

December 5, 2016 at 11:33 am

Vorpal works on EVERYTHING.. Dread only works on ENCOUNTERS. HB Fury will benefit more from the Dread. However, I just prefer the Vorpal because my at-wills do huge damage as well. It’s up to you what you want to use.

• Profile photo of toflux
        December 5, 2016 at 12:52 pm

Same doubt here… 2900 HB using this build.
        I’ve read that Vorpal do not work on ENCOUNTERS, but know reading from you that it work.
        So I presume that Vorpal doesn’t work only with PoP in our rota?
        I’ve Vorpal but on PS4 we do not have server test…
        Big big doubt if make the change with Dread or not. And now more big than before 😛

• Profile photo of Richard C
    December 5, 2016 at 10:01 pm

Loving this build, its made me love my lock again!! Thanks

December 12, 2016 at 2:03 pm

Mod 10.5 = Less 60% dmg on HB Warlocks?
    omg…

• MAC
    December 18, 2016 at 6:02 am

Noob question here. How exactly do you apply a curse? I haven’t been able to just apply it like you did in the video.

• Robb
    December 18, 2016 at 7:24 am

So my race is a drow, which isn’t one of the ones you listed..but I just started and am only a lvl 6..should I keep going with your build or just trash it and start over with your recommendation?

• December 18, 2016 at 8:33 am

I’m playing on PC so did this nurf already take place for me?

• Sakura
    December 19, 2016 at 10:44 pm

Could you put the names down for all your mounts please?

• Profile photo of toflux
    December 20, 2016 at 1:24 pm

Hey Garl, using this build I really like it, ty.
    I would like to have your opinion about my next move.
    In this moment I’ve as artifacts: lvl 100 Devoted (active-main), lvl 100 Lantern, lvl 60 Belial, lvl 100 tiamat.
    Following your advice I’ve buyed Dead Book and (very lucky!) a couple of day’s ago I’ve dropped Orcus Wand.
    So I think I’m going to set up:
    Devoted (active-main), Book, Orcus, Tiamat.
    I’ve the stack of lvl 5 enchantments to refine one new artifact to lvl 100, but not for a second.
    So my plan is: farm/buy some other enchantment lvl 5 and refine Book to lvl 59 and then use the Lantern as feeder.
    What do you think?
    No AD to buy other feeder…

• Kent Kearney
    January 1, 2017 at 11:34 pm

With this build do you get the permanent soul puppet

January 6, 2017 at 8:48 pm

No, you need to feat down the damnation tree to the end for perm soul puppet.

• January 11, 2017 at 6:00 am

In a single target fight where you need to stay at max range (blue dragon for example), would you then run Killing Flames, PoP and switch arms for Dreadtheft? Or is there better options amongst the encounters?

I’m only 2.7k gs but enjoying this build immensely… I play it pretty much as a melee bomber class (when I can)

January 21, 2017 at 7:44 am

This build is now updated for 10.5 – I don’t run Arms or Dread very much at all

• Uncle Walrus
        February 19, 2017 at 11:52 am

Why would you recommend Fiery Bolt over Dreatheft, besides it being somewhat fiddly to aim? I’ve had very good experiences with Dreadtheft+Tyrannical, admittedly in older modules.

January 19, 2017 at 5:36 pm

Hey Garl!
    Any changes on build due to mod 10.5?

January 19, 2017 at 7:10 pm

So, how are fellow SW’s making out with the new change to TC. Ive lost about 15% dps overall, not too bad in my estimation. Think ill stay HB unless some super dps soul build is achieved.
    Ps4: Just A Touch Of DPS@jdshoneybrown7

• January 21, 2017 at 6:05 pm

Thanks for the guide! Can you talk about stats in general? I’m newly 70 and have no idea what stats I should be looking for on gear or to what levels.

Thanks!

January 28, 2017 at 3:37 am

CHA/CON is the main stat you need to increase. As far as gear goes. 60% ArmorPen (6k) – As close as to 100% Crit Chance you can get.. Then start stacking Power after that

• Jipoux
    January 22, 2017 at 7:46 pm

Hi nice build, dark revelry bufff your mates ? Why pillar is not better ? Ty for reponse

January 28, 2017 at 3:39 am

DR buffs your group and your companion which in turn if you have bonding stones gives it back to you. You also use Pillar of Power yes. Power of the Nine is ok.. but you will get more out of DR.

January 23, 2017 at 7:31 pm

Hey Garl!!
    Just watched ur first Vlog … LOL … Great BEARD!

I have a doubt about refining Artifacts…

What will happen If a throw a Mythic artifact INSIDE a Green LVL1 one? The result will be a mythical one considering were currently OUT of 2x refining period?

The result will be a Mythical one when in 2x refining? Can I do it now?

January 23, 2017 at 8:13 pm

According to artifact refining points, your gonna need 10.5 million to reach mythic. So when you put the feeder into your main, if the points dont equal 7 million (youll also need it to crit) or the total amount of 10.4, id wait for 2x refine event.

• Profile photo of Bleze
    January 24, 2017 at 11:27 am

Hi Garl, two questions:

1. Why you’re using murderous flames instead of brutal curse? Murderous flames is imho not that nice to compete with BC?

2. Would Vorpal not be better because it’s affect hellish rebuke and dailys?

January 28, 2017 at 3:42 am

KF/MF is still pretty broke. It’s doing pretty high damage. BC is “ok” but the 10% extra on top of Curse’s 20% isn’t really that noticeable compared to MF. Some warlocks are skipping MF and taking Brutal.. However, I out DPS them.. so.. choice is yours I guess =) I also switched to the Vorpal for At-will spam and Brood of Hadar spam

• Profile photo of KAdamsy1
    January 26, 2017 at 8:49 am

do you still have your mod 10 build somewhere?

January 27, 2017 at 7:57 pm

Garl!!!! Garl!!!! Garl!!!

Please!

I NEED yout Cleric Build … not items itself, but Feats, Boons and Powers …

P P P P LEASE !

January 28, 2017 at 3:44 am

My cleric build isn’t anything special.. almost 95% of all clerics builds are the same for the buff/debuff. I’m sure you could look at any recent cleric guide on here and find the same exact one I’m using. But never the less.. I will post a video about mine eventually… Just have a lot on the plate right now.

January 30, 2017 at 4:39 pm

Please. Consider the possibility.
        Your videos and guides are very accessible and detailed, and reliable … As you know I have a SW as my main and ALSO just reached 70 with my DC…
        Sorry, english is not my native language.

Waiting for your DC build 🙂

• January 28, 2017 at 8:31 pm

My scourge warlock is at almost 2600 gear score and I’m running furry soulbinder and would love to try your build, would I have a problem staying alive with this build? Or is the survivability comparable?

• Zulix
    January 31, 2017 at 2:34 pm

wicht enconters do you use for single target? I use PoP KF shold i use AH instead of FB?

• Naulty
    February 2, 2017 at 3:14 am

I’ve tested fiery bolt and arms of hadar to see which produced the best numbers during regular demogorgon. Grant it I’m only ilvl 2700; I found that arms of hadar produces more damage than fb. Why did you drop arms from your rotation Garl?

February 4, 2017 at 6:36 pm

Its my guess and garl will correct me if im wrong but using pop, kf and fb will still net you a substantial amount of dps. Its what i like to call my “lazy” rotation. But yes, if you dont mind switching powers based on adds vs single targets, then pop/fb/ah is still top dps rot for mobs imo.

February 12, 2017 at 12:17 am

AH is ok.. but I do way more DPS with FB. FB appears to do a lot more damage than it’s suppose to =) You can use AH if ya want.. but I haven’t used it in some time.

• Danks
    February 3, 2017 at 11:48 pm

I use your build. Just updated to 10.5. I’m a 3220 gs on PS4. I went through cn with a 3027 sw who did 50% damage more than me and I can’t figure out why. My bindings were higher than his. I have the right companions active. I may lack in the mount department but I still have a 2000 crit mount. His guild is in my alliance. They don’t have power boons. So what the heck am I doing wrong. In cn he got about 100k to my 70k

• MasterOGA
    February 7, 2017 at 4:04 pm

Flames of Empowerment on the offhand is broken….has been for a very long time. You can test it yourself against dummies with a doohicky…just be sure to eliminate all other variables when testing things

February 12, 2017 at 12:19 am

Yea, I know it’s been broken for a very long time. I just forgot to actually add that in the guide. It “would” be BiS if it worked. However, ACC on offhand is the way to go atm.

February 7, 2017 at 5:39 pm

Heres the ultimate doubt: DREAD OR VORPAL ?????????????????????

February 7, 2017 at 5:42 pm

Each day I use more Hellish rebuke, and, since the cd of fiery bolt + killing flames is A LOT longer than AoH + (any), u actually cast less heroics than ever…

February 7, 2017 at 6:45 pm

I do more dps with my dread then vorpal but my vorp is only pure, ive been told once the vorpal is trans its on par with dread….can anyone else comment on vor vs dread experience?

February 12, 2017 at 12:20 am

It honestly doesn’t matter. Dread will yield higher DPS with Killing Flames / FB Spam… But Vorpal will yield higher DPS when spamming HB and Brood.. it all amounts to the same in the end honestly. I’ve played with both. Currently just stuck the Dread in there at the end because KF is bae.

• Cedex
    February 9, 2017 at 2:05 am

Which stats i should build first? Crit and arm pen and later power?

• tom
    February 9, 2017 at 12:42 pm

Crit sev cap where the did u get that from?

February 12, 2017 at 12:22 am

Secret l33t insider info.. Although, I don’t know if it still remains today.. this was back in Mod 8 when I found out.. who knows if they changed anything

• February 11, 2017 at 3:22 am

Does trans vorpal do any more dps over pure vorpal or is it just the 2 present less damage a defensive increase??

February 12, 2017 at 12:23 am

Whatever the highest % is.. I don’t know the numbers off hand.. Trans normally gives me secondary bonus’s

• February 12, 2017 at 2:36 am

It seems like the only difference in stats between the pure vorpal and the trans is that the trans states enemies do 2% less damage to you. Unless I’m reading it wrong this should have no affect on dps just survivability. I’m wondering if it’s worth the extra 1.1 mill AD?

• Shivy
    February 12, 2017 at 12:14 am

Dude, very good job compiling this information.
    I am only at level 42 with this biuld and all your information is helping alot.

Much thanks!

• Naulty
    February 17, 2017 at 3:08 am

So I bought rank 12 bonding stones and an owlbear cub and my dps almost tripled. I was previously holding rank 8 bonding stones. At item level 2874 I’m out dps’ing many 3500+ characters using this build. It should be emphasized that bonding stones are invaluable assets to your damage potential. The owlbear begins to shine when you’re using pillar of power. Seeing how the damage from pop never crits you get 50% of your power in damage every second to every target. It’s an incredible and very noticeable transformation. Hopefully it will continue to function that way for a long time, free of nerfs.

• February 17, 2017 at 8:45 am

If that’s the case with the owlbear cub (I’m on PC) is that true for me as well? My companions are the same as Garlaanx other then I have fire arcon instead of owl bear cub. Would it be worth it dps wise to switch for the owlbear?

February 19, 2017 at 4:10 am

Owlbear is 100% needed. It’s almost a 30%+ DPS increase over all. It’s unmatched in damage. Scrap the Fire Archon and use the Owlbear. I guarantee you will see high end results

• Attilania
    February 17, 2017 at 10:20 am

Hi,

you wrote that you would recommend playing sb damnation below 3k gs. Do you have a damnation build for me?

• Naulty
    February 19, 2017 at 3:27 am

lets say you’re all buffed up around 50k power. An epic quality owlbear cub will give you 50% of your power in damage on a non crit. Since every damage per second done by PoP is non crit that’s an extra 25,000 damage per second to every target. I’ve had mine hit for up to 33,000 damage per sec and Garl has probably seen even more. I’d say based on that alone it’s worth it.

• February 19, 2017 at 3:54 am

Thanks Naulty I’ve gone and bought the owlbear cub, my gear score is 2800 with lv 10 bonding runstones and i noticed a 11mill increase doing throne of the dwarven gods! I went from doing 29 mill damage to 40 mill just swapping out my epic fire arcon for an epic owlbear cub.. (using my con artist as summoned still) only cost me 1.1 mill AD

• Naulty
    February 20, 2017 at 2:55 am

Are there any other owlbear-like changes to our dps that we should know about?

February 20, 2017 at 6:40 pm

Garl! Owlbear is REALLY REALLY needed! Even if u have 100% crit???

February 25, 2017 at 1:55 am

Yes, the Owlbear is a MUST have.. it doesn’t matter what your crit chance is. The owlbear’s sole purpose is for PoP… if PoP ever changes down the road, then the owlbear will be useless.. But until then. It’s a must use combo. Owlbear + PoP = mass damage.

• February 21, 2017 at 1:07 am

Does accursed souls do more AOE damage then brood of Hadar with trash mobs? (Lesser curse) Or is brood overall a better choice? I always thought brood was more of a single target daily.

February 25, 2017 at 1:57 am

I’ve never played around with Accursed Souls.. it’s more used for Damnation.. it has lifesteal to it. Brood actually has a nice AoE damage radius.. I sometimes even use it in MSVA.. but 90% of the time you should be using TT for AoE mob clears

• Naulty
    February 21, 2017 at 3:53 am

I’m about to drop some stink on either perfect vorpal or perfect dread but first I need to know which is better. Have those undergone testing yet?

February 23, 2017 at 1:52 pm

Go Dread. Tested, asked, retested… Go Dread.

February 23, 2017 at 3:19 pm

Ran multiple nsva’s used my pure vorpal and my trans dread, did more dps with vorpal. Just my 2 cents 🙂 fyi, ran same rot for both only diff was weap ench.

February 23, 2017 at 6:09 pm

omg… Now I AM confused….

February 23, 2017 at 6:58 pm

Honestly you cant go wtong eithet way but ive always done more dps with my dread. Its only yesterday that i went back to my vorpal on another sw’s request, so i was suprised by the out come. I plan on running more tests like in cn, elol and etos so if you dont mind waiting i can pass the info on to you b4 you commit. Its possible they fixed something cuz the vorpal for me always fell short on dps, but ill have a bigger sample in the next few days. Any other sw perspectives are welcome on this matter.

February 24, 2017 at 7:55 pm

Thanks! Let me know the results!

February 25, 2017 at 1:59 am

Either works just fine.. they are pretty much on par. You will do more damage with Hellish Rebuke / Brood of Hadar while using the Vorpal… but you will do more damage using Fiery Bolt / Killing Flames with the Dread.. it all even outs in the end… Now mod 11 will be a bit different.. we will wait and see what’s best then.

March 7, 2017 at 8:35 pm

Delay on the dps data, 2x rp has thrown a wrench into my tests. Still figuring out my set up but will let you know when i figure out where im at for dps between the 2.

• Caio
    February 21, 2017 at 4:58 pm

Garlaanx, good afternoon,

I’m new at this game, so I’m trying to learn all about this class. I will try to use this build. Does it still viable? Can you tell me the initial stats? 18 CON and 18 CHA? I don’t know the maximum of each stats.

February 25, 2017 at 2:01 am

Yes, this build is still viable on console… should be on PC as well for the most part. PC just got Mod 11.. so might be slight differences but the build itself is pretty solid.

• roadking12
    February 22, 2017 at 8:24 pm

Garl,
    Thanks for the build. Love it! Just wondering if you would post screenshots of your character stats. This would be helpful in selecting the proper placement of enchantments and artifact levelling to those of us who are still striving to reach end game iL. Thanks in advance.

February 25, 2017 at 2:02 am

My stats are irreverent to your stats. Every Warlock is different. I’m stacking Recovery atm =) – You need to get 60% ArmorPen / 100% Crit / Then Stack Power… However you get to those stats is up to you =)

• February 24, 2017 at 1:17 am

If I can’t afford the orcus 3 piece set is the lostmouth set still a viable second choice if not what would you recommend?

• February 24, 2017 at 2:34 am

Or would going with a mix match set for pure stat like tiamats orb with greater bealt of black ice and something else, and forget about the set bonus untill able to get orcus set?

February 25, 2017 at 2:03 am

Set Bonus doesn’t matter until you get full Orcus. Black Ice Belt + Ap Gain necklace and whatever artifact you need for whatever stats you need.

• roadking12
    February 24, 2017 at 8:24 pm

Garlaanx,
    Please help…..I’ve watched your youtube vids several times on ability rotation….1.curse 2.POP 3. HRx3 4.this is where I’m lost.. FB or KF ?? 6. TC..7. At wills…..repeat when reset…
    I just want to make sure I’m receiving full benefits from all abilities and setups for the big crit….

Thanks in advance – PootieTang@roadking12 XBox One

February 25, 2017 at 2:06 am

It depends what you are doing…

Trash mobs = Cast TT -> Rush In -> Cast PoP on the Mobs Area -> Fiery Bolt -> KF -> If Things aren’t dead, spam HB
      Boss mobs = PoP at Boss -> Brood of Hadar -> Curse -> HB x3 -> KF -> FB or Grasp — If using Grasp remember to reapply curse right after.. rinse n repeat.

• Naulty
    February 27, 2017 at 3:36 am

Hey garl, does PoP have a chance to proc the wild hunt riders active every .5 secs? I’m not sure how else the hunt rider would synergize with the build. Then again… I’m still a noob.

February 27, 2017 at 6:47 pm

Pop is an encounter power so casting it could activate the 10% buff to dmg. Dont get that confused with pop while activated procing wild hunts active ability. Any encounter power that is cast has a chance to activate the buff.

• Profile photo of Jollified
    February 27, 2017 at 3:09 pm

What am I missing with regards to AoH vs KF? I can cast 3 or 4 AH in the same time as one KF. That’s 3 or 4x the crit or owlbear cub potential, which is significant with weapon enchantments. I just can’t get KF to do equivalent damage most of the time so I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. Is murderous flames causing unusually high damage?

• Naulty
      February 28, 2017 at 6:33 pm

Keep killing flames as it can non crit and crit for crazy numbers. I just saw a yellow 780,000 damage hit while using it today in CN. Don’t know how it happened but it did. I think AoH is a better choice over fiery bolt in places like CN and edemo but that’s me. I haven’t tested anything in msva or FBI like garl has so he probably knows better. The moral of still the story is to keep using killing flames if you have murderous flames.

• Profile photo of Jollified
        February 28, 2017 at 7:24 pm

That’s why I was asking – I’m not currently running murderous flames so I was curious about whether that’s causing the high dps people are seeing.

February 28, 2017 at 7:35 pm

KF will do tons of dps, with or without murderous flames feat. I use that feat cuz i like the little aoe but thats just preference. Did a 10 mil crit in fbi with KF so i would suggest keeping it in your rotation, the key is when the enemy is low HP.

• Profile photo of Jollified
            March 1, 2017 at 2:40 pm

Question about murderous flames. Does the 30% AoE damage mean the primary target’s damage is reduced by 30%? It seems to imply it, but what are you guys seeing?

March 1, 2017 at 3:43 pm

Yes its reduces primary dmg when additional enemies are in range. It has great synergy with fiery bolt imo.

March 3, 2017 at 10:44 pm

I’ve stopped using MF currently and switched back to DR. AoH is sub par damage now.. I don’t know why.. it just is lol.. FB and KF will out preform AoH. Just remember, when using KF, it should be cast last int he rotation most of the time. KF will do more damage the less HP the mob has. I normally can crit for millons+ when the mob is 70-50% or less HP.

• Naulty
    February 28, 2017 at 12:48 am

I just tested master of the hunt and its active appears to proc off of both the use and damage of pop.

• Naulty
      February 28, 2017 at 12:50 am

Hunt rider not master of the hunt

March 3, 2017 at 10:45 pm

Yup it does.. I answered your first comment. Sorry, I don’t check this site often.. once a week most of the time. As stated in the guide.. best option is to contact me thru twitter or my youtube channel

• Profile photo of Jollified
    March 3, 2017 at 5:01 pm

When the wild hunt rider goes live, should any of the following get benched, and if so which one… air/fire archon, siege master, erinyes, con artist.

March 3, 2017 at 10:47 pm

I answered this somewhere in the comments already.. My current set up is Legendary Summoned Con Artist / Owlbear / Air Archon / Wild Hunt Rider / Erinyes – Also, the Wild Hunt Rider is in the game now.. so I don’t know what you mean “when it goes live” =P — Also, Sorry, I don’t check this site often.. once a week most of the time. As stated in the guide.. best option is to contact me thru twitter or my youtube channel

• Naulty
    March 6, 2017 at 6:32 pm

Wheel of elements vs sigil of the devoted for dungeon damage? I think the wheel can add numbers that SOD can’t come close to. Any thoughts?

March 7, 2017 at 3:40 pm

Honestly, Im using Wheel since I reach lvl70 (I am 3.9k ilvl now) and I DONT’t like it … Trigger is not confortable on PS4, sometimes I cant manage to get the “fire element” due to lag, or something else…
      I am considering lvlup a CW to get Sigil of the Controller … haha …

March 7, 2017 at 4:12 pm

Ive tested wheel, lantern, and devoted. Hands down i do most dps with sigil for dc. Cant top using 3 daily’s in less than 1 min. 🙂

March 11, 2017 at 1:00 am

It’s going to come down to personal preference. If you chose to use the Vorpal over the Dread.. then DC Sigil will yield better results most likely as you will cast more Dailies than anything else. I personally use the Dread atm with the Wheel.. the extra 30% DPS is insane. Some Warlocks will use both. In FBI for instance they will use the DC Sigil going up the hill to pump out more TT’s.. then switch to Wheel for boss fights. It’s up to you and what you’re comfortable with. In my opinion, the Wheel is still BiS. But that’s my playstyle.

• Caio de Albuquerque Pinho
        March 24, 2017 at 1:28 am

After this.. I will use the Wheels + Dread.
        It’s much more cheap than Sigil of Devoted + Vorpal. Vorpal is extremely expensive.

• Caio de Albuquerque Pinho
    March 8, 2017 at 3:22 am

Garlaanx
    Can the sigil of the devoted artifact only be achieved by doing the quest with a devoted cleric ?
    I play on xbox one and i’ve never seen this being sold.
    Thank you.

March 8, 2017 at 4:54 pm

Sim Caio. Somente fazendo a quest “Vault of the Nive” com um Devoted Cleric.

• Caio
        March 8, 2017 at 6:18 pm

Luiz, obrigado pelo auxílio.
        Eu posso criar um Devoted Cleric, pegar o artefato e passar ele pro meu Scourge Waarlock ? Eu ainda não entendi como ele fez isso.
        Sou recente no level 70.
        Joga no xbox one?
        Abraço.

March 11, 2017 at 1:02 am

Not sure if Luiz answered you since it wasn’t English =) But yes.. Sigils are only obtainable by doing the quest on each class =)

• March 14, 2017 at 6:08 pm

your opinion, don’t have artifact weapon yet, should i just go for the River District ones or do SOMI as well before hand….

March 18, 2017 at 1:01 am

Relic Weps are BiS.. the Mod 11 Aborhent or whatever it’s called would be second best. Whatever time + cost ratio best suits your playstyle is what you should go for

• Prip
    March 15, 2017 at 4:44 pm

Garlaanx, very nice guide that you’ve made.
    Just two things, where these sudden rings can be found (Brute, Lifesteal and Critical)? Any raid or dungeon ?
    And what armor, head, arms and feet can be used before reaching dragonflight set? Any thoughts? I am using ensorcelled (Grimoire and Main Hand) istead of twisted aswell.
    Thanks man.

• Profile photo of LadyHawk
    March 16, 2017 at 2:39 pm

Thank you for your guide and sharing your information. I have a quick question. Lately I have been trying out 2 different rotations for aoe and for bosses and wanted your opinion. The groups I usually run with kill mobs pretty fast, especially trash mobs. So I started to look at some other options to maximize my dps while providing quicker attacks. Also, on boss fights, I felt that ACC was a bit of a waste, I can quickly curse the mob and wondered if there was a better option. I, however, may be missing something. Only stared SW less than 2 months ago and am not yet up on which skills/traits actually work and which do not lol.

AOE: Personals – No Pity,No Mercy/ ACC
    Encounters – PoP, FB, Blades
    (all other skills same as your build)

Boss: Personal – FoE/ Prince of Hell (for one mob, I can manually curse that)
    Encounter: PoP, KF, Warlocks Bargain
    (all other skills same as your build)

My IL is just 3k. I have not yet maxed out ArPen or Crit, tho close on the ArPen. Rank 11 bondings, Orcus set, running Vorpal (don’t have a Dread). Thank you for your time =^.^=

March 18, 2017 at 1:08 am

I played around with NPNM and it just wasn’t worth it. You will be more DPS outta the DoT than DD damage.. Even if you are clearing trash mobs. I have started to use Blades again during some occasions.. and even Dreadtheft. It’s all personal preference and what you want to do. There is no right or wrong way anymore to be honest. I wouldn’t use WB for boss fights unless you really need the lifesteal which you shouldn’t. Use Hadar’s or FB.

• Profile photo of LadyHawk
    March 18, 2017 at 4:40 pm

Cool! Thanks for your time and info =)

• THEGREYONE
    March 19, 2017 at 3:39 am

Please make a PvP build or guide us to someone that has it using hellbringer fury.

• Caio
    March 20, 2017 at 2:18 pm

Garlaanx,
    Another doubt about Mounts. The bonus of 2k power or anything else is applicable for each mount I have? For example, if I have 5 mounts being 3 with 2k power and 2 with 2k critical, I will have +6k power and +4k crit ? Does it work this way? Or the bonus works just for the active mount?
    I am asking this because it’s too expensive to have a lot of mounts just for the Insignia Bonus Power.
    Thank you one more time.

• terrasight
      March 20, 2017 at 2:31 pm

Only the power you choose in the slot will be active. Only one…

You can choose mount and powers separately…

• Hermit
    March 28, 2017 at 11:08 am

Hello, I have question for you, what kind of profession are you prefer?

• Profile photo of HighThrive
    April 2, 2017 at 4:50 am

Hi Garlanxx, nice build! I’ve been using it and so far I’m level 16. Can’t get enough of the SW. Though I admit I did splurge a lot… purchased 2 greater bondings and 1 bonding for SW account. Just wondering, why are using Owlbear Cub. Sorry for any questions that may be perceived as dumb, I’m new to SW.

Have a good day!

April 17, 2017 at 10:32 am

Owlbear Cub is only for Hellbringer for the Encounter Pillar of Power.. Since it doesn’t Crit.. the Owlbear makes it do more damage. This is for late game… don’t worry about it until you are level 70 and geared out a bit =)

• Profile photo of Tyler Hernandez
    April 4, 2017 at 12:32 am

[Comment Removed]

Don’t bring drama to my thread — Thanx

Garl

• Matt
    April 12, 2017 at 4:04 pm

Love the build. I know you’re updating for 11. I’ve heard/seen the rising power/Crit aren’t working for companions, I’m thinking the ostorian rings from FBI for stable stats and 2 offensive slots. Just wondering your thoughts on it. Thanks – Matt

April 17, 2017 at 10:35 am

Ring of Dodd is actually BiS for Ring Slots =) So if you have umm.. 3 of them.. you can still use the Con Artist. If not.. enjoy farming the new companion gear from Gambit!

• frankybonez
    April 17, 2017 at 6:02 pm

I have been following your build pretty much from the beginning. I appreciate you sharing it! My major question is now, for us as scourge warlocks, are the relic weapons better than the mod 11 weapons?

April 22, 2017 at 10:21 am

Relic Weapons are BiS but are much harder to get compared to the Ascendant Weapons.. You have to decide if that 6% difference in DPS is worth the time.

• Tim
    April 18, 2017 at 7:44 pm

I just got back on after a couple months of not playing. Is this viable now?

April 22, 2017 at 10:22 am

This build is still viable. However, I will be updating it to the Mod 11 stuff next week after I’m done testing. The Soulbinder Fury Mod 11 is fully released on my youtube but I haven’t made the written guide yet.

• Seth
    April 23, 2017 at 9:11 pm

What do you use fo4 companipn rings since the sudden doesn’t work anymore?

• morthos
    April 25, 2017 at 5:23 am

You mentioned in one of your comments on your mod 11 sb fury guide that HB Fury is dead. Does it mean this is no longer viable? If I’m not mistaken, I recall somewhere (perhaps your youtube) that you mentioned you would update the HB Fury this Friday? Pls correct me if I’m wrong. I just feel the change to SB Fury is going to cost a lot of investment again especially with the feytouched enchantment (im using dread atm)

• morthos
      April 25, 2017 at 4:21 pm

Oh sorry turned out your comment about hellbringer being dead was from 2016.. but just out of curiosity, if warlock is your main, are you using sb or hb now?

April 29, 2017 at 10:14 am

Yea Morthos it’s very hard to shift thru 100’s of comments. Just be careful of post dates and old information.

HB Fury was suppose to come out this past Friday. However, I was very ill and unable to finish. I am trying to get it done by this coming Friday! Sorry for the wait but real life is real life.

SB and HB Fury builds both are viable. SB Fury is better at single target boss encounters where as HB Fury shines in AoE situations, group support, and decent boss damage depending on the situation.

For Mod 11.. it comes to personal preference on what the player wants to play. Once we get Mod 11.5 we are going to be using a combo of both builds via the loadout system. The Cost is very high.. but any end game player should strive to be the best they can be. Something to work at and toward.

• Morthos
          April 29, 2017 at 11:32 am

No need to be sorry, Garl! Your health is always the top priority 😀 Hope you get better now…

Yeah I was browsing through all your replies on your Youtube channel and the summed up answer is pretty much a combination of both once the loadout comes out (HB for mobs and SB for bosses).

2 days ago for my HB, I was considering of getting either a trans dread or vorpal. Checking my dmg output (via advanced combo tracker on PC), even with my greater dread, my hellish rebuke is still 15% of my dmg, on par with my killing flames. So I decided to get a pure vorpal. Problem is I’m using wheel iso DC sigil. Do you think this is not a good combo, knowing that you said DC and vorpal is a better combo?

Thanks and appreciated your replies in your busy schedule!

April 30, 2017 at 8:34 am

I haven’t tested any Wep Enchants Yet..

but once again it comes down to personal preference. When using Dread.. your FB and KF will do more damage.. and When using Vorpal your HB and Dailies will do more damage.. but in the end.. the overall DPS isn’t noticeable. Both are valid ways.

But like I said.. I haven’t tested Wep Enchants yet.. I want to see how the Feytouch works with HB

• Morthos
    April 30, 2017 at 9:54 am

Ok thanks for the help! Right now my Wheel is orange while I’m on my way getting the DC sigil. Do you think I should focus on refining the wheel to mythic or should I change my main to DC sigil, which will still be green?

I always try to stock up refining ingredients for the 2x events.

May 12, 2017 at 8:28 pm

Upgrade DC Sigil. Wheel is secondary these days. The damage output doesn’t work very well with Warlocks. Spamming Dailies is where the damage is.

• morthos
        May 13, 2017 at 5:53 pm

Oh such a pity then. I will have to upgrade it from green.. my wheel is already orange and im aiming for mythic in the next event. Anyway, thanks for the tips 🙂

Could u pls elaborate what you meant by the dmg output doesnt work very well with warlock?

• DEathwish
    May 10, 2017 at 12:10 pm

Why have gatekeepers empowerment 5/5 when you dont use the gates of hell power? I decided to use this build but i am confused on that.

• Profile photo of Jollified
    May 10, 2017 at 3:13 pm

Just FYI, confirmed that Wild Hunt Rider is badly nerfed. Didn’t see anything in the notes though, so it was either a side effect of something else, or they chose not to mention it on purpose.

May 12, 2017 at 8:30 pm

I knew about the Wild Hunt ‘Changes” a month ago. It was on the Preview Server and discovered by Viral.

They changed the fact that you can’t “stack” the uptime charge. However, Warlocks can still maintain it pretty well. It’s not 100% anymore but it still proc’s on every tick of PoP.. You can use it if you so choose or replace it with something else.

• xGabelchaosx
    May 17, 2017 at 7:07 pm

Hey Gaarlanx I just wanted to say thank you for the awesome guides and I have a question aswell.
    Will you do a seperate video for your SW with Loadouts ?
    Or do you just put in your 2 guides for Mod 11 in the Loadouts for AOE and Single Target DPS ?

May 19, 2017 at 11:30 am

Nah Mod 11.5 Guide/Build will be one Video and one Post here. It’s gonna take a ton of work and the video might be longer.. but we’ll see what happens

• Oscar
    May 18, 2017 at 6:05 am

Is there a way you can email me the pics for all boons campaign including the cloak ascendancy plz

May 19, 2017 at 11:31 am

Go to my channel and navigate to the Warlock Playlist. Then watch the Mod 10 or 10.5 videos and skip to the boons section.

The Mod 11.5 stuff I will re-add all the boons again~

• Jeremy Luyt
    May 21, 2017 at 2:05 am

I’m running pop and was wondering if the wild Hunt rider is still a better option then the siege master or fire arcon since I have both epic and sitting off right now?

I’m running con artist legendary
    Active: air arcon, eranise of balile, wild Hunt rider, and owl bear!

Sitting off are my fire arcon and siege master….
    Is this the best setup?

May 22, 2017 at 5:50 am

At first glance I thought the Wild Hunt Rider would still be a decent option as I thought it was proc’ing just fine. This isn’t the case. I did some extensive testing over the weekend. They did “fix” the WHR so that you can’t “stack” the time any longer. However, they either adjusted the % to proc it.. or they added a internal cooldown timer on it. I was only able to proc it every 15-20 to sometimes even 30 seconds. Which is not good. I would switch WHR out and put in the Siege Master.

I no longer user the WHR as of 5/20/2017 (maybe they will adjust it again down the road)

• Jeremy Luyt
        May 26, 2017 at 2:22 am

Thanks , I will switch back to siege master. An extra 4% dps is always a good reliable option for now.

• Confused
        May 31, 2017 at 11:24 am

Hi Garlaanx.
        I put the WHR to vacation as well…
        A part from Con Artist (legendary) and Owl Bear Cub, what combination would you recommend most (with 100% crit chance, 105 Crit Severity, the three companions being epic) ?
        Air Archon, Fire Archon, Erynie
        Air Archon, Fire Archon, Siege Master
        Many thanks

• Rogue
    May 22, 2017 at 7:44 am

Hi Garl

Been following the build for Scourge Warlock builds,
    And it’s taken me places i never got to before lol.
    As for the boons, would using the 10.5 boons be the same for the
    11.05 build.
    Be grateful if you could let me know
    Thanks
    R

• glenn
    May 30, 2017 at 4:48 am

Hej what basic stats would you go for to use in enchants? can you send me in pics to my email.

Greetz Gleunn

• Mogelwade
    June 3, 2017 at 11:24 am

nice Guide!
    But one question: Im now at the last boon of dread ring, but i dont know which one i will took. i hope you can help me:)

• Dark
    June 14, 2017 at 1:32 am

Hello, can you post an image with the powers and one with the boons please ?

• Waagghboss
    June 14, 2017 at 6:43 pm

Hello Garlaanx,

first off, I love your build. It is very awesome and combines the very top of possible DPS for the SW!

I do have a few Questions tho.
    I had a conversation with Sharpedge about Artifact sets (neck, belt and Artifact). He claimed that having stats over Set-Boni is more important for maximum DPS, atleast for his CW.

I wish to know your stance on that claim.

Sincirely,
    that Dude with bad Inglish

June 18, 2017 at 5:35 pm

Demo set is bis for sw, cw and hr can run broken set and still achieve good dps.

June 19, 2017 at 2:22 am

Yea, Sharp is right. However, there are no valid options for the SW stat wise right now.. Forcing us to still use the Demo Set.

Most high end Wiz are moving to the 11.5 necklace for the INT.. with no set bonus. See Mystik’s build.

But right now. Demo Set is BiS for Warlock… and will be in Mod 11.5 as well.

• Jeremy Luyt
    June 24, 2017 at 1:23 am

In fury feats the one that takes off 5% damage resistance from enemies affected by curse. Does this still benafite me if I’m already over my armor pen cap? I’m at 85% in battle. Do you have any suggestions on what I could change to gain DPS?

• Profile photo of Jollified
    June 26, 2017 at 4:45 pm

I have the same question as Jeremy – not just with the feat, but any gear, boons etc. that lower enemy damage resistance. If we’re already above the 60% damage resistance cap, is it pointless to lower resistance further?

• Matt
    June 26, 2017 at 8:19 pm

Hello Garlaanx,

Great guide I do have a couple of questions….firstly what companions are you currently running and what is your summoned? Do you still use the Owlbear as its not listed in the guide?

Secondly, I am very unlikely to make a 3rd character and I dont have CW so no CW Sigil, what do you recommend in its place, bearing in mind 1 slot is Orcus and 1 I do usually run a Wheel but amhappy to lose that due to people purposely running through it.

• Matt
      June 26, 2017 at 8:26 pm

Scratch that first question saw your comment June 4, 2017 at 7:22 am 1 minute after posting!!