Garl’s Warlock Soulbinder Fury PvE Build [Mod 11]

Profile photo of Garlaanx
by Garlaanx on June 3, 2017
Warlock

Garl’s Warlock Soulbinder Fury PvE Build [Mod 11]

Scourge Warlock – Soulbinder Fury PvE Build – Mod 11

This is the Mod 11 Updated Build for the Soulbinder Fury Warlock.  The SB Fury is built for one purpose.. Single Target Pure DPS.  The damage output that the SB Fury can bring to the table is pretty top of the line.  You will have to be toward end game to see high end results as you will have to have the adequate gear to back this build up.  The AoE aspects of this build are a bit lacking, but it isn’t meant to be AoE.  If you want to do high amounts of DPS to single target boss’s at a quick ratio, then this build might be for you.  If you want to do AoE damage, group support and have decent single target damage, then you should try the Hellbringer Fury (Found Here) This build is very viable at end game play and once we finally get loadouts you will begin to see some results.  With Mod 11 there are a lot of options to mold your character to your liking. Also, if you need to contact me to ask questions or just have general feedback. Please, contact me by either my Youtube channel or Twitter. I try to check the comments here as often as I can.. but those two ways will be the best option at this time.

Race

There are 3 possible races for this build.  I find that 2 are the most viable though.
Dragonborn
Tiefling
Human

The player will have to decide where their toon is currently in game.  I personally go with Dragonborn for the 3% Power/Crit.  The Tiefling is fine if your group isn’t melting everything.  The 5% damage increase when the mob is 50% or less HP can be a factor. Human is at the bottom with gaining 3 additional feats that can increase DPS, but not as much as the other 2 options.

Stats

You will want to maximize your initial rolls into CHA/CON and then level them up all the way as you level.

Gear

Currently the Best in Slot option is the Vivified Relic Armor.  However, there are other options available if you don’t have access to these.  You can always mix and match the dungeon specific drops to your liking.  Such as the Lifesilk Spinneret or Psion’s Shroud.

Weapon / Offhand

Currently the Relic Set is Best in Slot.  However, with Mod 11 comes the new Ascendant Set.  This comes down to personal preference. The Relic Set isn’t “easy” to obtain.  You have to grind out materials as well as specific marks in MSVA.  It’s a time and money factor.  The Ascendant Set on the other hand doesn’t take as long and uses old marks to rank up.  The difference is pretty minor in the long run.  The Relic Set is a 10% increase to DPS.. where as the Ascendant Set (Aboleth) is a 4% DPS increase.  Are you willing to grind the long hours to be BiS? Or will you take the “lesser” version?  The choice will be up to you.  Personally, I have both sets and looking down the line to loadouts.

As far as Artifact Powers go.
Essence Defiler on Main Hand for +8% Damage
Dust to Dust on Off Hand for +5% DPS Increase
Either Action Point Gain or Combat Advantage +400

Rings

You now also have some options in to what rings you want to run.  Storm King Thunder Rings are one valid option.  the Dodd (Power/Crit) and Hellig (Power/Recovery) +5’s are both fine.  You can also use the Underdark rings.  Ring of Rising Power / Precision or Brutality / Sudden Precision.  I personally prefer constant stats as opposed to burst DPS. Sudden Precision and Brute give 4k to Power/Crit but only last 10 seconds.  Burst DPS is alright in some situations.  However, as mentioned, I prefer the constant stats that the Rising Power/Precision or SKT Rings bring to the table.  Again, the choice will be up to the player.

3 Piece Set

The Baphomet (Orcus) Set still holds to currently be the best option.  Orcus Shard / Neck / Belt

Artifacts

As far as your active artifact goes.  This build is solely based on single target DPS.  For that reason alone you should use the Wheel of Elements for the 30% Fire DPS buff.  Your other 2 artifact choices are going to be based off what statistics your character needs.  You have to balance your own stats and make sure you are hitting the caps.  Artifacts are a good boost in stats so you should be able to mold your character stats around them.  Make sure to do your research first and figure out which ones you will need so you aren’t leveling up the wrong ones and wasting refinement points.

For my personal build for example.  Since I am using the 4 piece vivified relic set.  None of that gear has any Armor Pen on it all. You have to factor in your bonding companion to see what Armor Pen you are gaining.  If it’s still less than 60% then you might want an artifact that has Armor Pen on it.  All your artifacts should have 1k Power + 1k to another Stat.  Either Armor Pen, Crit or Recovery.

Enchantments

As mentioned before, enchantments are a thing that you can balance based upon what your character still needs.  If you want to run dual stat enchantments such as Brutal that is fine.  However, if you are capped on Armor Pen at 60% and either max 100% or close to it on Crit Chance.. then you want to stack as much Power as you can.  For this reason alone all my Offensive Slots are Radiants.

Defensive slots on the other hand you can use either Azures for the defense or Darks for the lifesteal.  The choice is yours.

Armor Enchantment – You have some options here as well.  I choose to use the Transcendent Negation for the 30% Damage Resistance, 10% Incoming Healing Bonus (Works with Lifesteal) and 10% Recovery.  However, a Soulforge or Elven Battle are both viable options as well.

Weapon Enchantment – Transcendent Feytouch seems to be the go too for weapons enchantments for this build.  I have to admit that I wasn’t able to test any of the other single target enchantments.  The Flaming and Bilethorn could both be viable options.  The trick with the Feytouch is that fact that it will generate Soul Sparks every time you crit with Hadar’s Grasp.  This is a huge deal.  The spark generation is so fast that you will gain more sparks than you can cast with Soul Scorch. You can still run a Dread. However, I feel that the damage output from spam casting Soul Scorch will outweigh the Crit Sev Crit Hits coming from the Dread.

Feats

4/5 Energizing Curse
3/3 Weapon Mastery
3/3 Empowered Rituals
5/5 Determined Casting
2/5 Blood Pact
3/3 Devastating Crit
Total 20 Points – If you roll a Human you will gain an extra 3 points that you can either place in Blood Pact to make it 5/5 or place it in Soul Reaping 3/3 if needed. Also, Scornful Curse 3/3 is another great option.

Soulbinder Path
Fury Tree
5/5 Critical Promise
5/5 Offering to the Prisoner
5/5 Burning Soul
5/5 Infernal Wrath
5/5 Helltouched
5/5 Killing Curse
5/5 Executioner’s Gift
5/5 Brutal Curse
1/1 Creeping Death
Total 41 Points

Powers

At-Wills – Essence Defiler / Hand of Blight (Can Sub Dark Spiral Aura for AP Gain if needed)
Encounters – Killing Flames / Soul Scorch / Hadar’s Grasp
Personal – Dust to Dust / All Consuming Curse
Daily’s – Immolation Spirits / Brood of Hadar
All should be maxed with 4 points in each as soon as possible.
Below will be a Spell Rotation Guide – Or you can click HERE for link.

Companions

Legendary Companion – This will be based on the players choice and also the companion gear that you can obtain.  Mod 11 introduced a new skirmish called Illusionist Gambit that has a chance to drop +4 companion gear of many different types.  If you were already using Loyal Avenger Gear / Adorable Gear than this may not affect you.  However, Underdark Rings no longer Proc on Companions.  So, if you have to farm the new gear then you will base your companion off what gear you obtain.  The drop rates are beyond horrible.  Unless you can afford to keep upgrading/changing legendary pets.. then whatever companion gear you obtain you should just go with what you can use.  In my opinion, the Best in Slot Legendary Companion will be the Sellsword.  It has 3 Offense Slots, Power as Active Bonus, and Also a 10% debuff that stacks with other Sellswords in the party and is also uncapped.  The Sellsword uses a Neck/Waist/Sword Knot combo in gear.  If you can’t get the appropriate gear you can do some research and find what’s the best option for you.  Fire Archon / Air Archon / Etc all are valid options.  Just remember, they don’t have debuff aspects to them so it won’t benefit the party as much as the Sellsword would.  You can also still use the Con Artist if you have too.  SKT Rings are another valid option to toss on for Ring Slots.  Ideally you want to get the +4 versions of the “Fierce” companion gear as it’s Power/Crit.  However, the “Heroic” gear is also viable being Power/ArmorPen.  You will have to completely balance your characters stats off your bonding companion and what gear you can obtain.

Other Active Companions – Wild Hunt Rider / Air Archon / Siege Master / Fire Archon
All of these have raw % based damage increases that will scale with the Feytouched Weapon Enchant.

Boons

Boons should be self explanatory.  You’re going to want to take anything DPS related.  I have removed all the pictures of boons as I felt they were too cluttered.  If you have specific questions about boons.  Feel free to ask.

Mounts

I view the mount system as a sort of “bonus” for stats.  You can make up a lot of stats just from insignias.  Epic Insignias are +200 for a stat and when added up can lead to a nice chunk.  For example: If you are lacking Armor Pen, you can use some Epic Aggressive Insignias.  If you are lacking Crit Chance, you can use some Epic Skill.  If you are capped on everything, you can stack Epic Dominance Insignias which are Power.

For your Combat Power.  I would go with the Tenser’s Disc which adds to Calvary’s Warning.

For Your Mount Power. I would go with pure Power.  Either the Black Ice Warhorse or the Arcane Whirlwind +4,000 Power.  If you don’t have either.. The +2,000 Power are still viable.

For the Mount Insignia’s:
Assassin’s Covenant – More Power
Artificer’s Persuasion – More Recovery / AP Gain
Artificer’s Influence – More Recovery / AP Gain
Cavalry’s Warning – More Power from Legendary Mount
Protector’s Camaraderie – More Power

Finally Here is the Video Guide/Build in Full:

And Also, here is the Spell Power Rotation Guide:

comments
  • Jonathon Nunez
    July 5, 2016 at 6:35 pm

I just returned after a year long hiatus. Before my break, I was a HB Temp lock. I could solo, survive, heal a group and put on really nice dps numbers. Coming back, doing a bit of research, I’m finding that setup is no longer viable, while the SB Damnation setup is, arguably, the top.

I used my free respec to try out your build. It’s fun and I can definitely tell, once I get to 70 and start getting lvl 70 tier gear, better optimized companions, etc that it’ll put out big numbers. However, during the leveling process, I feel like I’m not putting out enough damage. Doing ToD campaign dailies, even though I’m scaled to 70 in the instance dailies, I’m getting nearly killed each group of mobs. Outside of dailies, level 61 mobs, if I pull too much, shred through me, which was something that never really happened before.

Thoughts on this?

July 10, 2016 at 4:35 am

It all boils down to current item level and current gear. The build “alone” cannot save you. They are all pieces of the puzzle that you have to slowly put together to gain the benefits of the bigger picture. Temp Locks are few and far between anymore.. and Hellbringer is dead.

Once you can get 2500+ you really shouldn’t have any problems in any map other than Well of Dragons.. Once you get 2800-3k, you can then solo Well of Dragons trash mobs as well with little hassle. Keep in mind, when you are scaled to lvl 70, you do get a bit of boosted stats.. but nothing compared to being fully geared. Once you start gearing out your toon, you will then fully see the potential of the build.

The biggest part is trying to get your enchants. Everything should be at least lvl 7-8 until you can start grinding them all to Rank 12’s. Also, for the Negation or Shadowclad.. Just get a normal one and you will see a difference.. Then slowly work on getting it to Rank 12 as well.

• Profile photo of Sky
    July 8, 2016 at 9:06 pm

Hello, Wouldn’t you want a black ice set instead of the lostmauth? Thx

July 10, 2016 at 4:30 am

On the PC they are able to parse DPS. It was proven that the Black Ice Set is beyond horrible, even after the LM changes. During a boss fight, a Fury scored 1% or less damage from the Ice Set. The numbers were really bad. Even after the changes, the LM set will still do better over the Ice set. It basically comes down to you having two options. Try to get the Orcus set.. or mix and match sets for the stats.. such as the Ice Belt has Cha/Con … I’m still rocking the LM set.. I may eventually switch to the Orcus set, but I’m in no rush.

• OG
    July 9, 2016 at 7:03 pm

Can this build be use for pvp and also can drow race be use too

July 11, 2016 at 3:09 am

This is a PvE Build. You can use the same build for PvP with a few slight changes. The powers would be totally different however. I don’t PvP at all, so I won’t be much help there.

As for the Drow Race. Yea, you can use it.. However, I would prefer the +Damage with Tiefling or Dragonborn vs the Debuff that comes with the Drow. It’s up to you and how you want to play.

• User46&2
    July 16, 2016 at 8:26 pm

Hey great build and set up, Enjoyed gathering more knowledge about the SW. Are the Personals – Deadly Curse and All-Consuming Curse any good? Will they increase your damage any? Would like to read your thoughts on that, Thanks.

July 20, 2016 at 6:03 pm

I sometimes switch to ACC and swap the offhand to that power as well for the extra 5% Crit Sev.. Deadly Curse is meh.. Some people use it, but with my set up it just doesn’t fit into the mix.

• Shaltono Soulbond
    July 28, 2016 at 11:35 pm

Hey, what artifacts can I use until I’m able to get the ones you mentioned? Also what kinda armour should I use until I get to Elemental Dragonflight? Just want to know what’s a good subsistute to use until I get the things you mentioned.

July 31, 2016 at 2:55 am

As far as Artifacts go. use what will give you power/crit/armorpen – If you have other toons lvl 60.. You can use the Sigils. But you should strive to get the ones I mentioned as soon as possible. I know Tia Orb is hard to get. Use the Cleric Sigil in it’s place.

Also, for the gear. Use Dusk/Drowcraft or a complete Elven set from the Enclave until you can get your Dragonflight.. Then Elemental Dragonflight.

• SirPHz
    August 4, 2016 at 2:50 pm

I know this is a build guide for those max level already, but would you be willing to share (for a new player) at what level to start obtaining certain pieces of gear or where to obtain the gear from or priority vs ease of obtaining. I guess it would be an additional guide for scrubs like myself who just started 3 days ago. Thanks!

August 12, 2016 at 10:44 pm

Check out my video here https://youtu.be/baJeYjqlH5k – Goes over some ways to snag gear until you can obtain Dragonflight. It’s a slow grind process, but the gear will come naturally with time.

• SirPHz
        August 19, 2016 at 2:07 pm

Hey Man, Thank you for the reply. I actually ended up finding your channel couple days after this post, subbed and love your vids… great work and very appreciated. Have helped me a lot!

• Amonon Vicelord@Demitric
    August 4, 2016 at 5:53 pm

Hey Thanks for this post! I respeced too it and you are 100% correct, Tank and high output dps. I just hit 70 and i have 2 purples, rest blues but WOW. I do have a newb question: It seems most beneficial to max out Soul sparks to 30 to get compounded healing and AP gain plus 9% damage from Burning soul. My question is if you kept SP at 30 at all times would you be able to pop TT more often and have that 9% bonus damage, therefore you wouldn’t want to use Soul Scorch, but maybe Infernal Spheres that helps you apply more lesser curse?

August 12, 2016 at 10:45 pm

It would seem like a good tactic but no. Soul Scorch is your main DPS. It hits very hard. So, soon as you get 30 sparks, start to unload them. Rinse n Repeat

• Surgical knife
    August 12, 2016 at 11:34 pm

What makes the dragon borne so good

• KAdamsy1
    September 3, 2016 at 1:11 pm

what mount would you recommend for this build?

September 9, 2016 at 11:47 pm

Well, if you mean what “Power” from mounts to use. I use to use the 2k Crit, but I just switched to the 2k Power because my crit was around 144% self buffed and thats beyond over kill =)

As far as mount insignia’s go.. They are in the video

• Brandon Aronhalt
    September 4, 2016 at 2:23 am

Wondering how much your build has changed since Mod 10? Same skills? Tried Orcus yet?

• Brandon Aronhalt
      September 4, 2016 at 3:42 pm

Is borrowed time still viable?

September 9, 2016 at 11:47 pm

I haven’t updated a Mod 10 build yet. It will be coming soon.

• Brandon Aronhalt
          September 22, 2016 at 3:13 am

Please do lol Mod 10 coming PS4
          Oct 18th. Artifacts are so expensive ATM and I don’t want to refine something I’m not going to use. Been looking at Fenru build but it’s HB Fury. Would like to see a damnation build that’s still good

• toflux
          September 22, 2016 at 12:53 pm

We are waiting for an update of your great build.
          I have to understand changes on Borrowed Time (and consequently to Dust to Dust).

Thanks!

• Profile photo of toflux
    September 9, 2016 at 11:40 am

Ehi man, great build (I’m going to use it with my new SW) and great vids on your YT channel.
    I’ve a couple of questiom:
    1) What is the correct rota you use?
    2) Which companion you recommend on Enclave (in this moment I’m not going to spend other real money on NW)?

September 9, 2016 at 11:49 pm

For Trash Mobs – TT > BoVA > Dreadtheft = Dead Things
      For Boss Mobs – TT > WB > Dreadtheft > SS , rinse repeat as needed.

Enclave pet? You mean which one they give you for free? The healing guy is always nice while you are leveling up =)

• Profile photo of toflux
        September 12, 2016 at 7:27 am

Thanks man! Yeah I mean the pet you can buy for free or gold on Enclave 🙂
        I’ve the dog that are a gift after buying the first 500zen in this moment (is level 30).

A question: I’m going to buy armor with seals elements and drawcraft armor as second step.
        I’m a PS4 player, so if is it possible for you give us some advice of some artifact or belt or other stuff to use before we are able to find all the things you write in your guide, it would be perfect!

Thanks again and sorry for my english, It’s not my first language 🙂

September 28, 2016 at 10:35 am

Just grind to lvl 70.. Everything before hand is obsolete. With the Glorious Box now dropping on PS4, you guys should have access to everything in my guide now =)

• Rylar
    September 17, 2016 at 9:50 pm

Is this still a viable build? Im a overall new Neverwinter player and am leveling a SW and have been starting to follow this build. I am on PC.

September 28, 2016 at 10:36 am

No.. If you’re on PC.. you guys have Mod 10. You will have to wait until I update the build for Mod 10. It launches Oct 18th for us and my builds will follow after I test everything.

• brasileiro
    September 18, 2016 at 1:54 pm

Please, post a video for PvP. Thanks for help

• Uzi
    September 21, 2016 at 10:54 am

Hey, ps4 player here and a subscriber. I’m very thankful to know which gear I should be chasing after in the long term, but do you have any suggestion on gear to get me by until then? Thanks for all the great videos, best neverwinter YouTuber have down!

September 28, 2016 at 10:37 am

Just grind to 70 as fast as ya can. Just use the free gear you get for completing quests in Spinward Rise until you get 70 and start getting the good stuff =)

• EvilWaterman
    September 28, 2016 at 2:23 pm

What’s BoVA?

• Douglas Merxam
    September 30, 2016 at 1:56 pm

Build very Good, in 10 mod you still use the set lost maught? I play on ps4 and next week Will havê Double the evento refinement. I Wonder if o should investimento in it. I have the set Black ice , it is really that bad? To finish, you have to update this build prediction for the mod 10?

October 3, 2016 at 11:37 pm

I’ll be having a mod 10 build/guide yes. Orcus is BiS so if you can get that then go for it.. Otherwise the Lostmauth set is a good place holder. Black Ice is the worst set bonus in the game =(

• shinra
    October 1, 2016 at 3:46 pm

Eta on an updated mod 10 build (I’m sure your tired of us asking, but alot of us ps4 peeps use your build, and are starting to invest alot into getting beyond 2500, plus our mod 10 is just around the corner, eek!) Thanks so much for all the help this guide has given!!

Also, why not use lengdary level equip powers from mounts, since they are 4k, vs 2k? Just because you are still waiting for a lengdary?

Also, from a comment above, does that mean when you are running dungeons, you use BoVA for trash, then swap to WB for all the boss fights? Would that be your rotation for PoM and ToDG skrimkishes aswell?

Ty again

October 3, 2016 at 11:39 pm

Mod 10 build/guide will be coming a week or 2 after the launch of mod 10 on Oct 18th.. I need to test everything and make sure it’s viable.

I don’t have a Legendary Mount.. refuses to drop for me and I don’t want to spend 20mil. But eventually I will have my Disc >.>

during Skirms I just use BOVA for the whole event.. to lazy to switch to WB.. However, if you need to switch to WB for the boss battle then do so =)

• shinra
        October 4, 2016 at 10:32 pm

oh apologies, I guess I assumed xbox would be getting their update before ps4… did not realize you guys were getting it at the same time. that explains the delay in an update, haha, so sorry.

Well, at least with the new box out (assuming you guys got the glorious one right now too) you have a slightly better chance of getting your disc now. but with that said, 4,000 recovery hmm.. sadface

thanks for the tip on bova, I didn’t even unlock the darn thing, didn’t think i’d need to. now I either need more points or to respec again, booo. how about your demo rotation, same deal?

• Nicholas Kravetz
    October 2, 2016 at 6:18 am

Hey I had a question about mod 10. I heard they’re getting rid of the burning soul paragon feat in fury or at least what it does for soulbinder 9% DMG with full sparks. So would it be better to try and get the soul reaping heroic feat and go the 15 point in temptation route. I honest don’t have much life steal and when I said that I don’t think I’d procs dark revelry much (3rd on the bottom in temptation). Then the person i talked to brought up borrowed time. My question is does borrowed time actually have anything to do with proccing dark revelry and would it be worth going after the soul reaping heroic feat along with hope stealer in temptation of course? (I have insane crit and crit severity) plus grabbing vampiric sparks and finally dark revelry. Also which feat in damnation would I drop? Wrathful souls or ghastly commander. I feel like ghastly commander would help proc dark revelry more anyway and they seem to be nerfing soul puppets big time so might as well buff my damage by as much as possible I figured. I hate to lose either paragon feat tbh.

October 3, 2016 at 11:41 pm

I can’t really answer most of this until I test mod 10 stuff myself.. However, Dark Revelry is still viable in mod 10. You can drop Ghastly for it. Also, why don’t you have life steal? it’s an essential part of any warlock build. All your defense slots should have Darks in them.. + Guild Boon.. + Companion Boosts.. Mount Boosts etc. You should have at least 30% at the very least. I’m at around 60-66% myself.

• Nicholas Kravetz
        October 10, 2016 at 2:00 pm

I’m on ps4. No life steal boon yet. All darks in defensives. But only rank 9s. And companion boosts only add a little unless I actually am gearing for it instead of crit and power. What mount insignia bonuses gives life steal? I could see having an insane amount with 8k from a boon. All boons from campaigns with life steal that didn’t sacrifice dps are life steal. Dunno where to get all of it.

• Nicholas Kravetz
          October 10, 2016 at 2:15 pm

Also what do you think of WHR. The new companion that came out. It can proc off every tick of dreadtheft. I’ve been using it over air archon or dancing blade. I swap em but havent decided. I’m not sure it procs enough to replace them. But as of now my companion setup is great. But only rank 9 bondings. Is there some secret to getting life steal off companions?

October 30, 2016 at 9:50 am

What is WHR? Also, yea, you need a guild with the life steal boon.. can’t pass it up. So, get working on that. Also, life steal from companions = double slotted rings with dark’s.. unless you’re really lucky and half +5’s =P But Sudden Ring is nice boost

• Profile photo of toflux
        October 21, 2016 at 12:08 pm

Hi Garl, waiting for you build update 🙂
        Running with Fernu’s build in order to understand how HB work.

A question about your answer above: for life steal which companion or Mount boosts do you recommend? Probably I do not fully understand what do you mean 🙂

• Douglas Merxam
    October 7, 2016 at 7:23 pm

Gaars i have seen vídeos of mod 10 and staff have used more hellbringer, what do you think? Hell this stronger than soul? You want to switch to soul or Will migrate to hell?

October 10, 2016 at 10:26 am

I will be testing both and playing what I chose. I will be making two separate builds/guides for each. Soulbinder Damnation and Hellbringer Fury.. also I’ll be adding two videos on rotations since it was most requested. Mod 10 launches Oct 18th.. expect my stuff to release a week or two after.

• ZakuRed
    October 10, 2016 at 11:15 pm

how are you summoning a soul spirit when you’re in combat?

• Jeremy luyt
    October 13, 2016 at 5:02 am

im just starting and i am very interested in building a good PVE SW Damnation, i am just curently grinding and will keep in touch for advise

October 20, 2016 at 11:49 pm

My new builds will be coming out on Friday… Look for them =)

• Brandon Aronhalt
        October 21, 2016 at 1:08 am

I’ve been using this Soulbinder Damnation build, haven’t respec’d and I’ve already noticed a damage increase w Mod 10. I’m thinking of running a Soulbinder Fury build bc I’d hate to lose Sparks by switching to Hellbringer. Thoughts?

October 26, 2016 at 9:21 am

SB won’t be viable any longer with the fix of KF/MF glitch. Soul Sparks alone will not due enough DPS.. HB Fury is the way to go for pure DPS as Pillar of Power is unbeatable right now

• Jimmy Gurganus
    October 19, 2016 at 1:49 am

What changes are there for Modern 10?

• October 19, 2016 at 6:44 pm

I love soulbinder damnation and I really dont want to have to respec to something else.. is damnation a lost cause now?

October 26, 2016 at 9:22 am

It’s not a lost cause. It just depends on how you want to play now. Damnation is more tanky and can live longer.. but does less DPS and is more group support now. HB Fury can be pure DPS but you need a decent item level to show the true power.

• Matt aka vegas1123
    October 20, 2016 at 3:04 am

Garl i really liked the damn mod 9 build. Need your mod 10 opinion hurry hurry hurry.

• Profile photo of toflux
    October 24, 2016 at 9:49 am

Hey Garl, I need for some advice… I’m on PS4, now I’m trying to farm Orcus set, but you know, is not so easy.
    So now I’ve some doubt if farm lostmouth set or going for pieces with stats I need, without have a set…
    What do you think?

PS: in this moment I’ve only belt from lostmouth…

October 26, 2016 at 9:24 am

If you don’t have either set. Just get a Black Ice Belt for the stats and whatever neck/artifacts for now until you can get the full Orcus Set.

• Profile photo of toflux
        October 26, 2016 at 9:44 am

Thanks for response 🙂
        Yeah I’m thinking to get Lostmouth neck and black ice belt. For a mistake I buy the Belt of Black Ice and not the Greater (I do not see it on AH, so I presume on PS4 no people sell it…).
        Do you think it is viable until I can get Orcus?
        Also, on wiki is not clear… I’ve to farm 100.000 BI in order to take the Greater Belt of Black Ice like the cloack?
        Thanks man!

October 30, 2016 at 9:53 am

Yea, you can buy the Greater Cloak of Black Ice in Icewind Dale.. I think it’s 100k Black Ice.. which is nice considering it use to cost like double that. Also, if the artifact trade vendor is in the enclave on PS4.. you should be able to trade a lostmauth belt for the ice belt.. I would check to see if that NPC is there near the Reward Vendor.. and check the price on Lostmauth Belt. — Enjoy

• Profile photo of toflux
            October 31, 2016 at 11:24 am

Following your advice I’ve bought Greater Cloack and Belt of BI set (blu version, waiting for 2xRP).
            If I have understand correctly the NPC you talking about, is not present on PS4.
            Thanks again 🙂

• Kevin covington
    October 27, 2016 at 12:19 am

could you please send me the sw hellbringer fury build for my warlock

• Daniel
    October 27, 2016 at 7:23 pm

Hey Gael,
    I started a month ago…used your build for mod 9 and was hitting 70m in some dungeons with 2100gs…with the update I swapped to hellbronger and dropped to 17m with a 2365 gs…
    Any chance you have a mod 10 build yet…
    Thanks man

• October 30, 2016 at 2:21 am

Been following your guide since PS4 drop and big fan had to switch to fernu’s buold come mod 10 do you have a mod 10 HBO build out

• October 31, 2016 at 12:22 pm

So this build is useful for mod 10 bc I like to do damage not to a buffer or debuffer

November 8, 2016 at 9:58 am

You can use this build for mod 10 yes. However, it won’t do as much DPS as it did in Mod 9. HB Fury will out DPS this build. This is more for DPS/Support/Survival

• November 4, 2016 at 8:50 pm

In terms of dps stats with everything else being equal would you recommend a plus 2000 critical strike or power mount for a soul binder setup?

• Mcvae
    November 14, 2016 at 2:24 am

I noticed u used 2 mounts that give you the protectors camaraderie. Do those stack/work togetherness?

• Veneficaria
    December 2, 2016 at 8:27 am

Hi, i just found your giude and it helped me a lot. I’ve just got a short question about the companions. Would be the sellword be even better than the con artist for a dd? 3 offense slots, bonus on power etc. Thank you very much!

December 5, 2016 at 11:28 am

The Sellsword has crappy slots though. You want to use the Con Artists for the 3 Ring Slots =)

• Veneficaria
        December 5, 2016 at 12:43 pm

Why are the rings better? I never thougt about it until now but could you slot artifact gear into neck belt and offhand slot, even if its expensive? That would be better i think, but i’ve got not so much experience with these things. Please excuse my english, its not my native tounge.

• Jay
    December 6, 2016 at 4:48 am

Hi, i am having dwarven battlerager companion with all sudden rings and i am also using sudden+ 2 rings, but because of that i am generating too much threat.
    Can you help reducing threat as every mob is attacking me in dungeons and can i use 2 owl companion (-25% threat) to get -50% threat or is there any other method, thanks for the build

• Attilania
    February 20, 2017 at 3:19 pm

is this build still viable for gearing up below 3k gs?

• Remora
    May 3, 2017 at 1:17 am

Hey! I just wanted to let you know; you made a mistake.
    Under the fury tree; the last skill you wrote soul desecration instead of creeping death.

May 5, 2017 at 7:35 pm

Ahhh nice catch! Yea, I basically keep the same layout and just update the post to reflect the changes =) Guess I missed this one!! Thanks Again!

• Azragarn
    May 5, 2017 at 3:11 pm

I am loving this build, i just reached 70. I just wanted to ask what sets i should aim for now that im 70 so i can get to end game?

May 12, 2017 at 8:24 pm

Drow/Dusk – Dragonflight – Relic Set

You can bypass Drow/Dusk & Dragonflight if you are lucky to snag some dungeon drops such as the Lifesilk Spinneret

You want to strive for the Relic Set though.. or wait for Mod 11.5 and Craft/Buy the Masterwork v2 Gear

• Qweqwerty
    May 7, 2017 at 2:06 pm

Why Wild hunt? It doesnt work anymore

May 12, 2017 at 8:25 pm

Yea they adjusted the way it works. I still use on it HB Fury as I can still maintain the uptime. However for the SB Fury you could sub something else in during boss battles as with SB you won’t have PoP.

• Uillian