Jojo’s Guide to Midgame Glory Mod 11b
Hello fellow DCs. My name is Jojo and I’m a member of Bloodrage in the LGPG Alliance on PS4. I’m not a native speaker so I’m sorry for my lousy grammar. I’ve been playing an AC DC for some mods now, but since we got the DC rework I’ve been fooling around with the newly buffed DO and it’s been awesome! I want to particularly share my DO faithful build with you since there already are plenty righteous builds in here, which are great for endgame DCs but might not be working for new lvl 70s.
This build is not a full PvP build, but if you’re only PvPing occasionally it’ll be sufficient and you won’t need another full PvP loadout. I’ve been doing fine with it before myself. If you really like PvPing I would advise you to make an AC faithful loadout since you will be even more tanky.
WHO IS THIS GUIDE FOR?
With this build you’ll have great buff and heals. You also are quite tanky. Your dps will be low and your debuffs will be mediocre.
1) This guide works great for twinks and low IL players. Most buffs scale with feat points and not with equipment (power). Faithful healing is a no brainer if your timing isn’t great yet and the healing amount will be well even if your equipment isn’t. You can’t buff dead team mates so leave your hands of the full buff/debuff builds until you’re sure to grant enough group survivability.
2) If you mainly play an AC righteous DC this will be a desireable loadout. Your stats will already be suitable for this build (the high recovery would be a waste on a DO righteous but comes really handy on a DO faithful DC). Particularly in msva the debuffs will be at the cap anyway and the cooldown reduction of the righteous capstone will be replaced by other haste DCs or Paladins.
3) If you don’t want a loadout for PvP only this will be a great hybrid build. This build can be adjusted to grant some PvP ability while still being a good buffer in PvE.
Don’t use this build for questing. it is not dpsing enough.
Since we have loadouts on all platforms now you’ll probably be thinking about how to use them. This build is really efficient, since it requires the same equipment as an AC righteous. So they’re going well together. My advise is:
- Full dps DoRi. You’ll get one free respecc token to change this build later on.
Level 70 (low IL)
- My guide for dungeons
- An AcRi one for questing or if there already is a DO in your group. i would advise this one: http://mmominds.com/2016/07/20/jareks-ac-righteous-pve-mod-11-guide/.
Level 70 (high IL)
- My guide if there already is an AC in your group/ if you need some extra survivability (like inMSVA)/ for PvP)
- An AcRi build for dungeons/ questing
If you want to purchase further loadouts noticable options are:
- Full dps DoRi for questing if you want to speed up your daily grind
- AC Faithful Tank/Heal for PvP
RACE AND ABILITY ROLLS
Dragon Born is definitely the best choice for DCs, but it has to be purchased and the looks are… yeah… special?! Every other class can choose at least one main attribute (+2 on STR/WIS/CHA) and would be alright. CHA is the least interesting of those three. I chose halfling because they’re great if you PvP sometimes and most of all they look soooo cute.
Put your Ability points into STR/WIS. You won’t have trouble getting your Ap up and the cooldown reduction of CHA is only 1% which is easily achieved through some recovery. If you want to PvP useing this guide, then WIS/KON will be a good hybrid roll.
FOR NEW DCs
If you’re new on this game in general, then I would advise you to look for an active guild. They have access to good equipment and maybe even boons. And most of all the social part is the best about neverwinter and will keep you playing even if lag drives you crazy. Your first AD should be spend on VIP and an epic mount. Always keep an eye on current events like double refinement points so you’ll be prepared. A DO righteous build will be more suitable for questing until you make some friends who’ll help you with your campaigns.
If you’re new to the DC class here are a few basic hints. You heal 70% less on yourself than you do on others, so don’t careless about defensive stats. Our class mechanism is devinity. You build up devinity by using at-wills. There is a bar that fills up next to your char. If you’ve filled it completely you get a ‘+’ next to the bar (up to 3). The bar, ‘+’ and your weapon will be blue if you’re in devine mode. If you use an encounter while in devinity, it will have a different effect than the normal one. The power also won’t have cooldown, but consume a ‘+’ and give you one stack of empowered (up to 3 stacks). you can switch back and forth to normal mode use at-wills and dailies, without consuming a stack of empowered, but the next normal encounter that you use will be ’empowered’ and consume all the stacks at once. Empowered encounters have an additional effect to the normal one. The effect gets stronger if multiple stacks are consumed. Alway check the tooltips to know what your powers do in which case.
Astral Seal if everyone is standing far away from each other and you can’t spot them all or you have cooldown and no divinity just throw in an Astral Seal and they should be fine. It can only heal once every 4 seconds, so you should only cast it when it’s needed.
Brand of the Sun Builds some divinity instantaneously and some over time. Attack multiple targets with it and you’ll get your divinity up in no time. Also has a matching talent to debuff targets outgoing dmg and crit chance.
I’ll write powers that should be used in divinity cursive and powers that should be used empowered CAPITALIZED. If it’s written normally, then the power should be used neither empowered nor in divinity. I would advise you to read the tooltips of the powers to know why i use the powers in the way that i do.
Questing divine glow, chains of blazing light (1-3x), DAUNTING LIGHT
Dungeoning without tank Astral Shield, divine glow, divine glow (3x), BREAKING THE SPIRIT
Dungeoning as only DC with tank divine glow, divine glow (3x), BREAKING THE SPIRIT, bastion of health or bastion of health if needed and between fights. prophecy of doom instead of bastion on bosses if the heal isn’t needed
Dungeoning with another dc like above but one dc should use FORGEMASTER’S FLAME instead of BREAKING THE SPIRIT. Don’t both use Astral Shield.
Dungeoning with really squishy groups/ for low IL or new DCs astral shield, devine glow on enemies if tank is doing well or on tank if he’s squishy. devine glow on highest dpsing enemy and ally, BASTION or bastion if heal is needed. If possible take out the astral shield or bastion of health for bosses and use BREAKING THE SPIRIT instead.
PvP again: this build isn’t BiS for PvP but if you don’t have loadouts it will be alright. ASTRAL SHIELD, BASTION/bastion, breaking the spirit (all 3 forms) or sunburst. it’s more situational than PvE. You can’t simply use a rotation
Questing Hallowed Ground, Flamestrike
PvE dungeons Hallowed Ground, (divine Armor as second but barely usedby me)
PvP Hallowed ground, divine armor or hammer of fate if the other team really sucks hard
Questing Divine Fortune, Terrifying Insight
PvE dungeons Terrifying Insight, Divine Fortune/ Holy Fervor for better buff uptime or Healer’s Lore/ Foresight for better survivability, hastening light only if requested (not really worth it on DOs)
PvP Divine Fortune, Terrifying Insight/ Healer’s Lore/ Foresight
Heroic Feats: if you don’t like the % temp HP then you can go for the % recovery.
Paragon Feats: since you won’t need to quest with this build anymore since we have loadouts the % ap instead of the % dmg will be better. i’ll try to update the picture soon.
If you play on PC this part may be a little outdated for you.
Take what you get. Mainly focus on Power since we can share up to 40% of our basepower with nearby alies (depending on their bondings and the legendary pet bonus). As a Faithful you’ll need to get a lot of Recovery, since we lack the cooldown reduction of the righteous capstone. Some crit for stronger heals won’t hurt as well (30% is an alright amount if you don’t use a dread. otherwise you’ll want 40% at least). If you want to PvP then get at least 2k tenacity and work your way up. The FBI Gear is expensive to restore, but there are cheap alternatives (Jarl’s Gaze, etc.). If you already have your AC gear, then it’ll be perfectly fine for this build, too. If you’re new to this game, try looking for an active guild with access to a market. they have some good equipment to start with.
Shirt and Pants If you can’t get Gemmed Exquisite Elemental stuff, Drowcraft is a cheap option for PvE. The everfrost set is really nice for PvP purpose.
Weapons Fey weapons. relic aren’t really worth the grind for dcs, although the bonus is superior in pvp. lifeforged could work fine, too. Encorcelled Arsenal stuff will be enough if your dc is only a twink. The new guild weapons are BiS for any class now, but requires a lot of masterwork, which is really expensive if your guild isn’t organizing it.
I’ve got Astral Seal as main hand feature (since i use it on AC and DO loadout) and hastening light in my offhand simply because i mainly play AcRi and i’m too greedy to change the offhand feature all the time.
Neck and Belt for the Faithful build I’d advice Greater Belt of Wisdom if you’re PvPing or Greater Imperial Waistband if you do PvE only. Lathander Cloak if you want a PvP hybrid. Tiamat, imperial or valindra if you want to use your cloak on an AC build, too. I’ll update about those new guild artifact necks and belts as soon as i get to see them.
Rings You’ll want +5 offence slotted rings (Brutality, Precision, Hellig…). +4s are fine until you get them. Some masterwork rings with tenacity for PvP would be great, if you can afford them.
Weapon Enchantment I totally love the dread enchantment. It isn’t cheap, but the Crit sev is great for your Heals and dps and the debuff is nice as well. Also, the DoT procs Bear your Sins if you switch to a righteous loadout. Frost is a cheap option with a great debuff. Some people also like Plaguefire a lot, but i heard it isn’t really easy to stack it up. Terror also has a noticeable debuff for PvE while being very useful in PvP, too.
Armor Enchantment You should get at least a lesser soulforged for PvE, before you even think about weapon enchantments. Barkshield is great at higher ranks. If you want to PvP a negation or elven battle will suit you well.
Offense slots Radiant. maybe cruels or some silverys if you want to PvP, too.
Defense slots Silvery if you PvP, Radiant if you don’t use Assassin’s covenant insignia bonus. Azur or Cruels if you got the bonus. if you use astral shield a lot, then you might consider deflect over defense even in pve since your resistance will be really high anyway. Blackice might get even more out of Assassin’s covenant, but the lifesteal is really wasted on a faithful DC, especially if you PvP.
Utility slots: a mixture of dragon hoard, fey blessing and quarter masters for PvE (all Quarter masters to open the bags), movement for PvP
- A Dragon Heart (Red and Blue have nice stats) if you use a Griffon and Artificers Persuasion. Further information here
- Lantern of Revelation
- Sigil of the Oathbound Paladin
- Vanguard’s Banner (it seems to be buggy, so i’d be careful with this one)
- Oghma’s token for PvP
- I would advise Symbol of Fire, Symbol of Air and Sigil of the Hunter since they work fine for AC builds, too.
- if you already got them upgraded you can switch in the forgehammer of gond, sigil of the devoted or other artifacts with some defensive stats that you have laying around for PvP
- The cw artifact is good if you use a dread.
I’ll try to keep the part about boons as general as possible.
Take Power and recovery whenever you can. If you can choose between Crit/ArmPen and a defensive stat, then go for Crit/ ArmPen if you don’t care about PvP and the defensive one if you do. Lifesteal > Regeneration if you prefer PvE. Regeneration > Lifesteal if you want to PvP. Cc resistance also only makes sense if you PvP. Chance to deal x damage is pretty useless in PvE, since it doesn’t scale with our buffs and often has a long cooldown. Healing bonus on potions is also bad. Some boons like Tyranny of Dragons final boon(s) are great to split up, since the first point gives a bigger reward (like 3/4/5% Lifesteal). Some boons simply aren’t great for this build like Ice Wind Dale’s final boon. So there isn’t really only one way to go.
Bonding Runestones are a big deal in neverwinter and you should seriously use them on your main at least. However, this build works without bondings, too and if your DC is only a twink an augment should work fine for a DO. The polar bear cup has 3 offence slots and a nice bonus if an augment is fulfilling your needs. If you want to switch to an AC righteous build i would advise r10+ bondings.
If you use bondings you’ll want a companion who has got some special attacks. There are companions who grant combat advantage or debuff the target. My favorite is the Cone Artist that you can buy for 1 Gold. You need to upgrade it to level 30 thou to get the debuff. The 300 crit bonus isn’t much, but the three ring slots are great if you can get some +5 rings from msva. If you don’t care about recovery you can farm gambit for companion equipment, too.
Here are some options for your active slots:
- Erinyes of Belial/ Cambion Magus/ Dancing Blade: Increase your crit sev. Might be overkill if you already possess a dread enchantment.
- Polar Bear Cub/ Deva Champion/ Silver scaled cleric disciple: Bonus heals
- Fire Archon/ Air Archon/ Siege Master/…: You can also switch them in for questing if your budget allows it.
- Book Imp: 2% recharge speed isn’t much. It still helps with your hallowed ground uptime.
- Chicken/ Rustmonster/ …: Some companions have some nice debuffs, but you should check if they even work at first. Some of them also only proc if you are attacked, which doesn’t happen often if you’re with a tank.
- Energon: Not the most popular choice for DCs, but it’s ridiculously cheap and great for survivability. In the ending a dead DC is a bad DC.
- Stat Companions: if you have any companions with suitable stats then take them until you get something better. there aren’t really many great companions for dcs and stat companions are really cheap even at epic rank.
The (armored) griffon has the best equip power for DO DCs since it can reduce hallowed ground cooldown enormously. You should use a dragon heart as primary artifact if you want to use the griffon to its fullest. You can have a smooth rotation with it since hallowed ground stays up for 15 secs, which is exactly the artifact cooldown of a dragon heart, if you miss and exactly the duration of the artificer’s persuasion insignia bonus. If you have a hast pally or haste dc in your group, then you’ll be able to switch to something else. Valid options are snails or any stat mounts you like. You can work this build without a griffon but will most likely lack some hallowed ground uptime, if nobody’s reducing your cooldown. You also might not need it if you have some BiS AC equip (3x ring of hellig/krig +5 and rank 12 silverys slotted on companion with rank 12 bondings).
Go for whatever stats you’re lacking on your insignias. Just always remember that these side stats like Combat Advantage Bonus or Action Point gain give diminishing returns the more you have. So anything above 1000 won’t really make a difference. You can’t really go wrong with power insignias for PvE mounts and deflect Insignias for PvP mounts.
Recommended insignia bonus:
- Artificer’s Persuasion/ -Influence must have if you use a griffon + dragon heart.
- Gladiator’s Guile if you don’t want to always arrive last get this.
- Victim’s Preservation/ Champion’s Return Those two work great for self-healing in PvE and PvP
- Protector’s Camaraderie/ -Friendship Power and defense boost. Truly won’t hurt to have this.
- Shepard’s Devotion While this one is a must have for every AC cleric, us DOs won’t maintain it permanently. The buff will also be weaker, since we don’t stack such a lot of power. It’s still a solid choice.
- Assassin’s Covenant Just awesome. Don’t forget to switch it out if you PvP thou 😉
- Wanderer’s Fortune This is pure gold for questing. It is totally worth getting for your main at least. The griffon possesses this bonus.
- everything that says heal is great for PvP. like the above ones or heal on deflect/ if stunned/ …
I think Jarek provided a link in his AC righteous guide, where you can see which mount provides which bonus.
I hope you enjoyed my build. I want to thank everyone on the arc forums for providing so much knowledge about this awesome class! I want to specifically point out Czar Jarek@jeffslider, whose AC righteous guide was my starting point in the buffing world, @putzboy78 who provided a lot of information on DCs in general and specifically the DO and @dupeks for doing a lot of testing on DC powers and feats.
Warmest greetings to my fellow guildies in Bloodrage, especially to @aljocla161, who isn’t only one of our guild’s officers, but also my lovely husband <3