DIVINE DEATHDEALER — DPS DIVINE ORACLE DEVOTED CLERIC BUILD MOD 11 PVE

by Dank on May 1, 2017
Classes

DIVINE DEATHDEALER — DPS DIVINE ORACLE DEVOTED CLERIC BUILD MOD 11 PVE

DIVINE DEALER OF DEATH — DPS DIVINE ORACLE DEVOTED CLERIC BUILD

INTRODUCTION

Hey, everyone. Hartdahmernator (PS4), and welcome to my Divine Oracle dps build.

Disclaimer: This is a dps build with strong buff capabilities. Against other maxed out dps characters, you will not top the pain giver chart, but you will be a valuable asset with strong buffs and a strong contribution to damage. In pickup groups, you will be a dps god. Our area-of-effect attacks are ridiculous, but our single target is where we will be passed by most competent dps classes.my Divine Oracle dps build.

Let’s begin with the role this build plays in dungeons and other group content. With the recent changes to Devoted Clerics in Mod 11, including a 30% increase to damage on certain encounters and dailies, a lot of different options have opened up for clerics. This particular build allows you to pump out good damage, while also being able to switch to an OK healer or more-than-adequate buffer at the drop of a hat.

Stats we are going to be aiming for with this build are 60% resistance ignored and 100% crit in combat (buffed). Then, we want to pump our power as high as possible. Here are my current unbuffed stats:

Buffed stats:

RACIAL

Without a doubt, the best race would be dragonborn. I don’t have the pack so I went with half-orc. You may be thinking: Why half-orc? My reasoning was +2 to str a primary stat and 5% crit severity outweighed +2 primary and no other bonus stat.

ARTIFACT WEAPON POWERS

I went with Brand of the Sun for the increased damage on my main hand and Terrifying Insight on the off-hand because it increases crit severity by 5% and we will ALWAYS have this slotted.

GEAR

In my opinion, best-in-slot gear would be three Lighttender’s raid gear (FBI and SPC drops) and the Jarl’s Gaze helm (mSVA drop). I’m currently running Elven Raid chest (purely for stats until I can get the raid chest to drop I’ve done 100s of runs) , Lightenders Raid helm, Lighttender’s Restoration Bracers, Lightender’s Raid helm, and the Lighttender’s Raid Cuisses. Other valid alternatives would be two Dusk and two of something with stats you needed (i.e. Elven, Dragonflight, etc.) the Historian’s Regalia, or perhaps even the Lifesilk Spinneret if you’re OK with loosing power.

Best-in-slot rings would be two greater Dods (FBI, nsva/msva and SPC drops), though I’m currently running a purple Helig and a purple Dod.

I eschew artifact set bonuses in order to maximize stats. For the neck piece, I run Lostmouth and an Imperial Waistband of Honor for the waist slot due to the strength and wisdom stats. I should note, however, that I plan to switch the Imperial Waistband out for Greater Belt of Wisdom for a damage bonus as soon as I can afford to lose the crit. The Orcus set is something I plan on testing, but for now my setup is adequate.

For undergarb, I wear Zealot’s Gemmed Exquisite Elemental Chainmail and Zealot’s Gemmed Exquisite Elemental Chausses. A good alternative until you can acquire this set are the Drowcraft unders.

Best-in-slot weapons are the Lighttender’s Holy Symbol and Lighttender’s Icon acquired through the Sea of Moving Ice campaign quests and restored using various material found in both Somi and the other areas of the Storm King’s Thunder campaign. Mod 11 weapons may be a decent alternative but likely are not best-in-slot as this is a dps build and the relic weapons produce more overall dps.

Currently, the general sentiment is that the Aboleth Icon and Holy Symbol are the next best option to relic weapons for dps in Mod 11. Another option, especially for beginners with low iL who need extra AP gain, would be the Fey Icon and Fey Holy Symbol. Both sets can be acquired through the Cloaked Ascendancy campaign.  I, myself, have not tested these new weapon sets and will update this build once I have.

ENCHANTMENTS

Offensive Slots: Azures until you can get the stats for brutals.

Defensive Slots: Azures or the very min-maxy Black Ice Rank 12s to maximize the benefits of the Assassin’s Covenant insignia bonus.

Utility: Quartermaster’s or Dark enchantments.

Armor Enchant: I say go Soulforged, nothing else compares for me. Some people are reporting success with the updated Bronzewood enchantment.

Weapon Enchant: I run a Dread for the extra crit severity and the fact that it procs on encounter use. I am, however, still playing around with a lightning enchant due to the Mod 11 enchantment updates. I will report my findings in a later build update.

ARTIFACTS

For my primary, I use the Wheel of Elements, which I’ll have mythic by next double refine. I was previously using the Sigil of the Devoted before I made the change to a more dps-oriented build. Many complain that the problem with the wheel is that you often can’t land the element (fire) that you are seeking. My way of dealing with this problem is to jump cast the artifact, then slide into the fire element.

Secondary artifacts are Tiamat’s Orb for a nice mix of stats, Sigil of the Controller because you can’t beat power and crit, and the Lantern of Revelation (though I currently run a GWF sigil until I can swap it out).

Other option to consider are the Thayan Book of the Dead and Kessel’s Sphere of Annihilation.

COMPANIONS

First off, one cannot overstate the value of Bonding Runestones. Our primary focus, even before that of our item level or best-in-slot gear, is to acquire high-ranking bondings and get them to rank 12 ASAP. This is even more true for this dps build as we need to stack as much crit as possible to reach 100% crit in order to ensure we are producing enough damage to be on par with other classes.
For summoned companion, I suggest either the Fire Archon or Con Artist. Many theorycrafters have expounded on why the con artist is the best summoned companion for group PVE content.

Active Companions I run are: Dancing Blade, Siege Master, Wild Hunt, Erinyes of Belial.

MOUNTS & INSIGNIAS

Early on in the build, it may be prudent to go with a 2k crit epic mount. Eventually, you’ll want to move to a 2k epic mount, and — if lucky — a 4k legendary power mount. I’ll never be that lucky, so I settle.

Insignias can be applied to fill out the gaps in your stats. It’s key to keep in mind that one epic insignia is worth as much in stats as an armor kit. More, actually, due to their secondary bonuses. I recommend aggression, skill or dominance insignias, depending on what stats you need.

Insignia bonuses to go for are Protector’s Friendship and Protector’s Camaraderie — two absolute must haves. I also run two Assassin’s Covenant bonuses, which takes 10% of your defensive stats and adds them to your unbuffed power (the second bonus is diminished, garnering 25% of the original bonus, or 2.5% of defensive buffs transferred to power), and  Artificer’s Persuasion, which buffs the party’s recovery, movement, AP gain and stam gain on artifact power use.

BOONS

FEATS

POWERS

One of the things that I love about this build is its versatility and ability to adapt to varying situations and group compositions. Your slotted powers, therefore, will change depending on the roll you are filling, the level of content (Tier 1, T2 or T3 content), and if we are the sole DC or running alongside another DC.

Top powers to get rank 4 first are:

Terrifying Insight
Lance of Faith
Chains of Blazing Light
Daunting Light
Brand of the Sun
Divine Glow
Hallowed Ground
Divine Fortune
Forgemaster’s Flame

Loadouts for differing situations are as follows:

DPS ROTATION
The rotation I use against mobs in dungeons is Brand of the Sun and Lance of Faith as at-wills with Chains, Divine Glow and Daunting Light for my encounters. Class Features to use are Divine Fortune and Terrifying Insight, while I use Hammer of Faith and Hallowed Ground as dailies.

For bosses, trade Chains of Blazing Light for Forgemaster’s Flame. Go in on boss and drop Brand of the Sun before Forgemaster’s Flame followed by Divine Glow out of divinity. Then, switch to divinity mode and cast in the following order: Daunting Light twice followed by Divine Glow before a fully empowered Daunting Light.

To start rotation over, cast one Brand of the Sun in order to proc the damage-over-time effect followed by three casts of Lance of Faith in order to get the damage bonus. Then do the rotation over again, keeping Hallowed Ground up as much as possible. When you get the boss down to 5% health, drop Hammer of Faith as an execute when you’re tapped out of resources.

BUFF ROTATION

When running as second cleric for FBI or third cleric for Msva.

In Master Assault on Svardborg of Fangbreaker’s Island, you may be called upon to play the buffer. We are clerics, after all. In such scenarios, I use Astral Shield, Divine Glow and Prophecy of Doom to stack with the other clerics that are using Forge Masters and Break the Spirit.

###

Thanks:

I’d like to thank House Stargaryen and Knox’s Irregulars, the PS4 guilds that have supported me throughout my time in NW. This guide was made with the assistance of and editing by S1GH_TM, aka Igot Revitiligo, my GF buffer-in-arms.

comments
  • Eric
    May 3, 2017 at 7:14 am

What’s the ability score you rolled ?

• Matt
    May 3, 2017 at 9:36 am

Looks very similar to my current setup accept i opted to get almost all my crit from my companion since i run 3 greater dods with 6 rank12 azures on the con artist, just a heads up though, Prophecy of doom is still bugged and only lowers the RI needed for max damage which in endgame all dps should be at 60% anyway, i was only informed of this last week but after the cleric rework so if its been fixed since then ignore this, also greater ring you suggested canno be obtained in Nsva or MSP, to my dismay they didnt add rings to the loot table in MSP. Lastly for maximum dps you could also go with Fire archon summoned, earth archon, air archon, siege master and wild hunt rider and i would also suggest looking at the new artifact that will drop from MSP as it is power/crit/arp

• May 3, 2017 at 2:07 pm

I did give some thought to earth archon but opted not for it because we get the 10% damage bonus by taking damage. The blade that I’m running though is temporary air archon is what I may look into getting. The new artifact is sick id love to get it.

• Duma
    May 3, 2017 at 11:59 am

Awesome guide Danks..

• Eric
        May 3, 2017 at 5:42 pm

I wanna kno what’s the ability score you rolled

• May 3, 2017 at 5:59 pm

My internet is down so I can’t get on until the tech comes by they said around 5-7 so in like 4 hours. My deepest apologies on not including the info I will make sure to update at my first possible chance. Thanks for they support 😁

• jaY.Pee_
            May 4, 2017 at 5:05 am

instead of typing that out you could’ve just told him the starting rolls? 😛

• May 4, 2017 at 5:13 am

I wish I could my internet people never came by the rescheduled my appointment till Friday 😥 I can’t even get on I guess I could math it right now let me look

• jaY.Pee_
            May 4, 2017 at 5:30 am

Would be helpful, tried replicating the rolls with a dragonborn but always seems to be too far off.

• May 4, 2017 at 5:40 am

25 strength minus 9. 7 from levels 2 from belt 2 from half orc base roll 14. Wis 27 minus 8 one from belt 7 levels base roll of 19.

• Eric
    May 3, 2017 at 6:09 pm

Cool ok

• Danky
    May 3, 2017 at 7:53 pm

I would like you to run FBI with my group as a dps to truly determine how this compares to other DPS. I am just not convinced, but I would like it to be viable.
    victoria@itsdanky1

• May 3, 2017 at 8:10 pm

Sure but I leave nothing to the imagination when I say other good dps will always beat a cleric in the first line I describe what this build is capable of. I don’t mind an fbi but I perform like a mediocre dps and buff against other maxed or close dps and I will be competitive in aoe but the buss health pools are large and as I describe our single target isn’t great but our buffs for the team and contribution are. Dank healz 4 u@hartdahnernator I should be on tonight when the guy fixes my Wi-Fi

• Chris Tales
    May 3, 2017 at 8:54 pm

Hey nice build love the item how did you make out a 27 wis and 25 str?

• May 3, 2017 at 9:02 pm

Thanks 😁 I’ll update for my base racial roll when my internet is up. But the half orc contributes to str and +2 from imperial belt

• Chris Tales
    May 3, 2017 at 9:05 pm

That’s sweetttt and for wisdom ?

• Chris Tales
    May 3, 2017 at 9:33 pm

So the imperial belt also gives you 2+ wis to so that how you got 27 n 25

• Chris Tales
    May 3, 2017 at 10:01 pm

Oh I see then you legendary it and give and extra 1+ if that’s correct so your star should b 28 25 when it’s legendary

• jaY.Pee_
    May 4, 2017 at 5:04 am

Are you able to update your starting rolls yet?
    I feel like you could’ve just put it in your answers in the comments in the meantime so save everybody wondering

• Faral
    May 5, 2017 at 11:20 am

Hi, first of all I wanna thank you for this guide.
    I have a question, how does it go in solo? Now i have a full heal DO build but i was thinking to switch to a more offensive build but the most part of my daily routine is pratically doing solo content in the river district so I’m concerned about that. How is it?

• May 7, 2017 at 3:48 am

Thank you for enjoying it. And this build excels in aoe damage making quick work of all solo zones allowing you to solo river district heroics for dailies etc feels real good chains hits groups hard 😎

• Waouh
        June 2, 2017 at 5:56 am

I play (a lower level version of ) this build, and I solo river without issue.
        I sometime use it in group (when we have too much DC), and on pickup.

Often on top DPS when playing with same level player. (even other DPS)

However, I think I can’t play “Hammer of Faith”, I dont know. This thing do way less damage than most of (empowered) encounter, and take 2.5. Did I miss something on how to use it ?

• HealzBuff
    May 8, 2017 at 12:40 am

Go buff/debuff something and leave the dps to the true dps toons.

• May 8, 2017 at 12:52 am

This actually does buff and debuff while adding overall group damage. I almost didn’t approve your comment but I did. Thank you for taking time to read my build sorry you were not impressed 😉

• Silvanous
    May 9, 2017 at 11:58 pm

Well done Danks!

• Marco
    May 31, 2017 at 5:01 pm

You left storm king’s thunder boons (there are 2 Guild stronghold identical images)

• kls762us
    June 7, 2017 at 4:33 pm

I’m sorry but I can’t read your feats at all, I’ve tried to blow up the picture then it gets too blurry to read can you help?

• Alison Black
      August 1, 2017 at 6:43 pm

Use a tablet. I was able to read them just fine without blowing it up. Pretty straight forward. Press and hold on picture. Then select open in new tab if issues.

• gildemberg
    June 8, 2017 at 12:48 pm

Hi,

Do you have gameplay with this build on youtube?

• Luca
    June 24, 2017 at 4:42 am

Looks like the last of your heroic Feats are four points in Bountiful fortune and one in cleanse. Is it really not worth having a point in templars domain for a DPS build?

• Alison Black
    August 1, 2017 at 6:40 pm

I’ve been forced to contact DC PS4 fb group because for quite some time. A request has been made to add skt boons and rd. I know to the average player reading this build would’ve think. Where do I add that. Those who know a ton about dps and support classes can simply piece it together. But why make a build with duplicate boobs and missing boons for a campaign that takes 2 months to complete.

• Joshua Taylor
    August 22, 2017 at 5:52 pm

Nice build, pretty much the one i use. Just letting you knoe your somi boons isn’t posted. Instead you have two pictures of elemental evil campaign. Cheers!