Cameron’s PvE MI Executioner Guide [ Mod 10.5 ]
Cameron's PvE MI Executioner Guide [ Mod 10.5 ]
Hello! My name is Cameron and this guide is going to demonstrate how to make the most out of one's Trickster Rogue (TR), whether it be clearing trash mobs or melting through bosses. One thing I would like to preface for this build, is that I base it around high recovery and high AP (Action Point) gain to spam dailies so that I can keep constant buffs on myself. I would like to note that I am open to criticism, so if anyone has anything that they feel as though they can expand on, please let me know.
How the Guide Works
The guide is fairly simple, just click through each tab to get to whatever part of the guide you may want. Each tab will bring you to a different section of the guide
Datsik - Most importantly, I would like to give a big thanks to Datsik for helping me with the formatting and keeping things looking nice. He and a few other friends of mine have made an excellent guide for CW's, so if you have any friends that need a little help, feel free to direct them there. CW Cookbook
Doomsayer - This is the guy that really helped me with my TR when I came back to the game. He showed me the ropes for the mod we were in at the time and after that, I just took things into my own hands and went from there.
Rx Dx (Albino Dino) - He has helped with the occasional question that I've had and has done a lot of testing to see what's worked as well as sharing ideas of what could be viable to use.
+2 to any two stats
- Dragonborn Fury: Your Power and Critical Strike are increased by 3%.
- Draconic Heritage: You receive 5% more healing from all spells and abilities.
Roll for 16 Dex and 16 Str. Put the extra +2 in both Dex and Str for a total of 18 Dex and 18 Str.
+2 to any ability score
- Versatile Defense: Increase your Defense by 3%.
- Heroic Effort: You gain an additional Heroic Feat point at levels 10, 15, and 20. These three extra feat points cannot be used on the paragon feat table.
Roll for 16 Dex and 16 Str. Add the +2 to Str.
+2 Constitution or +2 Strength
- Furious Assault: Your Critical hits do an additional 5% damage.
- Swift Charge: You gain a 10% bonus to Runspeed for 3 seconds when you enter combat. This effect can only occur once every 20 seconds.
Roll for 16 Dex and 16 Str. Put the extra +2 in both Dex and Str for a total of 18 Dex and 18 Str.
(5/5) Action Advantage - 2/4/6/8/10% additional Action Point for dealing Combat Advantage damage.
(3/3) Weapon Mastery - 1/2/3% greater chance to land a critical hit.
(3/3) Cunning Ambusher - You deal 2/4/6% more damage for 6 seconds after leaving Stealth.
(3/3) Endless Assault - Your encounters deal 2/4/6% more damage.
(1/5) Twilight Adept - Restores 2/4/6/8/10% of your Stealth Meter when you Dodge Roll.*
(2/3) Scoundrel Training - Your At-Wills deal 3/6/9% more damage to foes not targeting you.**
(3/3) Disciple of Strength - Increase the amount of bonus damage Strength gives you by 2/4/6%
(5/5) Bloody Brawler - Increases your Life Steal by .5/1/1.5/2/2.5%.*
(5/5) Press the Advantage - Your Impossible to Catch now also increases your Power rating by 2/4/6/8/10%.
(5/5) Back Alley Tactics - When your Action Point is empty you deal 5/10/15/20/25% more Damage. This bonus diminishes as you gain Action Points.
(5/5) Arterial Cut - Increases your Critical Severity by 3/6/9/12/15% while in Stealth.
(5/5) Vicious Pursuit - When you deal damage, your target takes 1/2/3/4/5% more damage from you for 6 seconds. This effect cannot stack.
(5/5) Deathknell - You deal 5/10/15/20/25% more damage to foes below 30% HP.
(5/5) Last Moments - You deal 5/10/15/20/25% more damage to foes who are below 40% health. This threshold is increased to 70% while in Stealth.
(5/5) Shadowborn - Entering Stealth increases the Power rating of your next attack by 20/40/60/80/100%.
(1/1) Shadow of Demise - While in Stealth, your powers now also add the Shadow of Demise effect to the target for 6 seconds. This effect is powered up by further damage you deal. Additionally, you generate Stealth 20% faster and no longer have your regeneration interrupted when taking damage.
Shadow of Demise: When this effect ends, its target takes Piercing Damage equal to 50% of the damage dealt to its target by the Rogue. Piercing Damage cannot be deflected and ignores armor.
This effect cannot stack.
*If human, put two of the three extra points into Twilight Adept. The extra stealth gained from using the dodge roll can be a nice convenience to have
**If human, put one of the three extra points into Soundrel Training for the extra 3% At-Will damage to foes not targeting you.
For dungeons, the encounter, dailies, and passives all stay relatively the same. There's the occasional instance in some dungeons that I like to swap out, but mostly the encounters used are, Dazing Strike, Lashing Blade, and Smoke Bomb. The power that I will occasionally switch for is Blade Flurry and if I do sub it in, it replaces Lashing Blade, but I only do that if I know I can get away with using only one daily power. Essentially, Blade Flurry = More AoE damage, but less immediate AP gain and Lashing Blade = No AoE damage, but more immediate AP gain.
The passives that I prefer to run are Skillful Infiltrator and Invisible Infiltrator, but you could also use Infiltrator's Action if you're using the offhand feature that gives 5% more damage for it. I prefer Skillful, because the extra run speed (20%) is very convenient and getting the extra 4% crit chance allows me to put stats in other areas that I feel are important.
[ Stealth (S) ] - [ Dazing Strike (DS) ] - [ Lashing Blade (LB) ] - [ Smoke Bomb (SB) ] - [ Lurkers Assault (LA) ] - [ Whirlwind of Blades (WoB) ] - [ Duelist's Flurry (DF) ] - [ Cloud of Steel (CoS) ]
Start by using the DC Sigil - (S) - WoB - (S) - DS - SB - LB - After that, just repeat as needed.
Side Note, if using Blade Flurry, just replace Lashing Blade (LB) in the rotation.
CoS (To proc bondings) - DC Sigil - (S) - DS - LA - SB - DF - DF - (S) - DS - LA - (S) - LB
A quick word of advice, the TR has a lot to do with timing and instinct and that's one thing I can't quite teach, so in order to fully maximize your potential, you just have to play the game and practice.
Side Note, if running with a melt group, skip the 2nd DF and LB instead, because it should fit in just before Shadow of Demise ends for a massive chunk.
Companions make up a large part of your characters DPS. Ideally, you want your summoned companion to be outfitted with three Bonding Runstone, Rank 12's and all offensive gear to stack offensive stats into. Your summoned companion is where the majority of your DPS will come from. With three Rank 12 Bondings and having the companion at legendary, when Companion's Gift is procced, you will gain a total of 300% of your summoned companions stats, in short, this equates out to A LOT of extra stats.
This is how my companion setup looks, Con Artist as summoned along with the Earth, Fire, and Air Archon's, and the Wild Hunt Rider. A good alternative to the Con Artist, would be using the Fire Archon as the summoned companion and replacing the Con Artist with the Siege Master.
- Con Artist - +300 Critical Strike*
- Wild Hunt Rider - 5% Chance to increase damage by 10% for 5 seconds.
- Earth Archon - Increases your damage against targets by 6% when you are at full health. Each additional active Archon increases this by .5%
- Air Archon - Increases your damage against targets not at full health by 5.0%. Each additional active Archon increases this bonus by .5%
- Fire Archon - Increases your damage against targets with less than 50% Hit Points by 7%
- Siege Master - Deal 4% increased damage. This effect is increased to 8% damage while on Stronghold map.
*Con Artist is mostly used over the Fire Archon, because on it's attack "Wicked Strike" it applies a 10% damage resistance debuff.
This is where things can start to get a little expensive, enchantments are a fundamental part in building your character and balancing out stats. Enchantments can be fitted into six different types of slots on your character, offense, defense, utility, weapon, armor, and overload.
- Transcendent Vorpal Enchantment
As of this point and time on Xbox (Mod 10.5), the Vorpal still reigns superior over other weapon enchantments for the TR. The 50% critical severity on all attacks is just too good to pass up and considering the majority of a TR's damage is their At-Will, Duelists Flurry and the bleed damage that accompanies it, there just isn't another weapon enchantment that can provide a significant enough damage increase to justify using over the Vorpal.
- Transcendent Soulforged Enchantment
Soulforged is pretty self explanatory, if you do get hit, it lets you get back up right away and seeing how everything basically one-shots us, its nice to have a second chance.
- Brutal Enchantment, Rank 12
- Azure Enchantment, Rank 12
I prefer to use a mix of these two enchantments, so that I can have a healthy mix of base power and base crit.
- Dark Enchantment, Rank 12
- Black Ice Enchantment, Rank 12
I use Black Ice Enchantments in my defense slots, because it allows me to make the most out of one of my insignia bonuses on my mounts, Assassin's Covenant. However, if Black Ice Enchantments are a little too out of your price range, Dark Enchantment's are a close 2nd place. I choose Dark's over Azure's, because the TR is a very squishy class, meaning that we basically get one-shot by everything, even with the added defense of the Azure's. Life Steal from the Dark Enchantments however, allow us to have a much higher chance to active Life Steal, which basically lets us heal ourselves from doing damage and since the TR attacks very quickly, it get's utilized very well.
- Dark Enchantments, Rank 12
- Quartermaster Enchantment, Rank 12
- Dragon Hoard Enchantment, Rank 12
- Fey Blessing Enchantment, Rank 12
Any one of these can be used in your utility slots, if you're a newer player, I recommend using the Dragon Hoard's, Fey Blessing's, and Quartermaster's Enchantments, because they can all give you spare refinement to level up artifact equipment, weapons, artifacts, etc. Believe me when I say that using these early on in the game will give you a large advantage, because its basically free refinement for just playing the game! It'll save you a lot of time and a lot of AD. However, even if you're not so new to the game, they are still plenty viable to use, because you can never have too much refinement. I prefer to run one Quartermaster and the rest as Dark's, because I'm a bit spoiled when it comes to the movement speed.
- Greater Corrupt Black Ice Enchantment
- Greater Corrupt Lethal Enchantment
- Mark of the Demon Slayer, Rank 2
- Mark of the Dragon Slayer, Rank 2
- Mark of the Giant Slayer, Rank 2
- Mark of the Troll Slayer, Rank 2
The Black Ice overloads are useful in helping to gain more stats where you need it, whether it be 800 crit or 800 power as well as generating additional AP every second its active, 1.25%. I really only use the marks in things that I'd rather go a bit a quicker. For example, I use the demon slayer marks in Demo, giant slayers and troll slayer for FBI/MSVA, and the dragon slayers for Dragonflight or if I'm running the dragons in the Well of Dragons.
Gear and Stats
PrimaryWheel of Elements Sigil of the Devoted
SecondaryThayan Book of the Dead Lantern of Revelation Sigil of the Controller Lostmauth's Horn of Blasting Kessell's Spheres of Annihilation Shard of Orcus' Wand
*The Orcus Shard is necessary for the Demon Lords' Immortality set bonus.
Relic Weapons (BiS)
- Shadewalker's Dagger
- Shadewalker's Stiletto
- Twisted Makhaira
- Twisted Misericorde
- Infiltrator's Action
- Invisible Infiltrator
Offhand Stat Bonus
- AP Gain
- Companion Influence*
- Duelist's Flurry
*I use this, because if I use the AP Gain the returns would be diminishing. It's also because the little extra companion stats give me enough Armor Penetration (ArmPen) to reach the necessary cap (60%).
Armor and Armor Sets:
Vivified Shadewalker's Assault*
- Vivified Shadewalker's Assault Mask
- Vivified Shadewalker's Assault Vest**
- Vivified Shadewalker's Assault Gloves
- Vivified Shadewalker's Assault Boots
Vivified Shadewalker's Raid*
- Vivified Shadewalker's Raid Mask
- Vivified Shadewalker's Raid Vest**
- Vivified Shadewalker's Raid Gloves
- Vivified Shadewalker's Raid Boots
- Shadewalker's Assault Mask
- Shadewalker's Assault Vest
- Shadewalker's Assault Gloves
- Shadewalker's Assault Boots
- Shadewalker's Raid Mask
- Shadewalker's Raid Vest
- Shadewalker's Raid Gloves
- Shadewalker's Raid Boots
- Umbral Assault Mask
- Umbral Assault Vest
- Umbral Assault Gloves
- Umbral Assault Boots
- Umbral Raid Mask
- Umbral Raid Vest
- Umbral Raid Gloves
- Umbral Raid Boots
If you're unable to run FBI to get the relic gear or unable to afford masterwork armor, then Dragonflight or a mix of Dusk/Drowcraft is plenty sufficient until you can.
*I use a mix of the Assault and Raid variants, because of the stats they give.
**Instead of either chest piece, I prefer to use the Historians Regalia, because of the high amounts of stats it gives.
- Baphomet's Infernal Talisman
- Demogorgon's Girdle of Might
- Greater Ostorian Ring of Dod
- Greater Ostorian Ring of Krig
- Greater Ostorian Ring of Hellig
- Ring of Brutality +5
- Gemmed Exquisite Elemental Shirt
- Gemmed Exquisite Elemental Pants
Armor Reinforcement Kits (Head, Chest, Arms, and Feet)
- Major Critical Strike Armor Kit
- Major Power Armor Kit
Armor Reinforcement Kits (Neck, Belt, and Rings)
- Major Action Point Gain Jewel
Armor Reinforcement Kits (Shirt and Pants)
- Everfrost Resist Armor Kit
- Greater Everfrost Resist Armor Kit
***All of the Gear can be viewed from the Collections Tab in game for a more in-depth view of their stats.
- Armor Penetration (ArmPen) - Generally, for PvE, you want to aim for ~60% ArmPen, because the highest amount of Damage Resistance (DR) that an enemy has in PvE, is Tiamat, with 60%. So, by having a steady 60%, you can be sure that you won't be missing any potential damage.
- Critical Strike (Crit) - I proc my crit to ~85%, because I typically run in groups that have Harper Bard's, but if you run in groups that don't always have a readily available Harper Bard, then your best bet would be to get up to at least 95%, but 100% would be ideal, because at that point, stealth is really only used to proc SoD.
- Recovery - Recovery affects your AP gain and encounter cooldowns, so it's important to the build, but you don't want to stack too much of it to the point that it negatively affects you, because of the lack of other stats.
- Power - Once all the other bases are covered, you're able to stack as much power as you would like, can't really go wrong with it. The more power you stack, the harder you hit.
- Combat Advantage - This stat increases the damage you do when you're behind an enemy, opposite of another player. You can see this damage, because there is a sword icon that appears next to the damage being dealt. This stat does have diminishing returns, so you want it to be ~1200.
- Critical Severity - This stat increases the amount of damage that critical strikes deal. Between the Vorpal and my base critical severity, I don't stack too much of it.
- Lifesteal (LS) - Life Steal allows you to heal yourself based off the amount of damage that you deal.
- Defense (Def) - The higher this stat, the more you damage you'll be able to take in one hit. It increases your chances of survining a one-shot.
- Hit Points (HP) - This is how much health you have. If you have more health, you can take bigger hits.
Mounts and Insignias
Mounts, these are what's going to cost you an arm and a leg if you really want to make the most out of your character. The insignia bonuses are very helpful and help to make this build as effective as it is.
- Combat Power - Tenser's Transformation (Tenser's Floating Disk) - You are transformed into a virtual fighting machine, becoming stronger, tougher, faster, and more skilled in combat. For 12 seconds, you gain 10% Power and move 10% faster, and gain +2 Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, and Armor Class.
- Equip Power - Quick Action (Flail Snail (Legacy)/ Coastal Flail Snail) - Using a Daily Power grants 25% of your total Action Points over 10 seconds.
- Protector's Camaraderie - Whenever your summoned Companion attacks, you gain 3% of your Power and Defense for 10 seconds. This effect can stack up to 4 times.
- Gladiator's Guile - When your Stamina is above 75%, you move 15% faster. When your Stamina is below 25%, gain 15% of your Power as Stamina Gain.
- Cavalry's Warning - Whenever you activate a Mount Combat Power, you gain an increase of 10% to your Power, Recovery, Armor Penetration, Critical Strike, Defense, Deflection, Regeneration, and Life Steal.
- Artificer's Persuasion - Whenever you use an Artifact power, your Recovery, Movement, Action Point Gain, and Stamina Gain are increased by 10% of your Power for 15 seconds.
- Assassin's Covenant - You lose 10% of your Defense, Deflection, and Life Steal, and gain the combination of lost stats as Power.
Dark Fey Hunter -You gain 400 Power.
Fey Precision - You gain 400 Critical Strike.
Elven Haste - You now gain Action Points 3% faster.
Elven Ferocity - When striking a foe you have a chance to deal up to 20000 Arcane damage. (60s Internal Cooldown)
Elvish Fury - When you kill a foe you gain 135 Power for 45 seconds. This buff stacks up to 30 times.
Conjurer's Gambit - You gain 250 Critical Strike and 250 Movement.
Evoker's Thirst - You gain 400 Life Steal.
Forbidden Piercing - You gain 3% Resistance Ignored.
Enraged Regrowth - When taking damage you have a chance to heal 20000 Hit Points over a few (4) seconds. After this effect ends you have 4000 more Defense for 10 seconds. (80s Internal Cooldown)
Rampaging Madness - When you deal damage you gain a stack of "Madness". When you reach 50 stacks of "Madness" you gain 4000 Power, 4000 Life Steal, and 4000 Regeneration. 10 seconds after gaining this bonus your stacks are reset. You may only gain one stack of "Madness" per second.
Encroaching Tactics - You gain 400 Combat Advantage Bonus.
Refreshing Chill - You gain 400 Stamina/Guard Gain.
Sleet Skills - You gain 2% Crit Severity.
Cool Resolve - You gain up to 2000 Power based on how much Stamina or Guard you are missing.
Winter's Bounty - Chance to gain bonus 10% Action Points when killing a target.
Tyranny of Dragons
Dragon's Claws - Grants 400 Power.
Dragon's Gaze - Grants 400 Critical Strike.
Draconic Armorbreaker - Grants 400 Armor Penetration.
Dragon's Greed - Grants 400 Life Steal Rating.
Dragon's Fury - Grants 5/6.5/8% increased Critical Severity.
Wave of Force - +300 Power and +2000 Maximum Hit Points
Heart of Stone - +4% Life Steal Severity and +2000 Maximum Hit Points
Blazing Resilience - You gain 400 Recovery and 2000 Maximum Hit Points
Gale of Retribution - When taking damage you have a chance to heal up to 24000 Hit Points over a few seconds. After this effect ends, your Critical Strike is increased by 1000 for 10 seconds.
Primordial Might - You gain 400 Power and 1600 Maximum Hit Points.
Primordial Focus - You gain 400 Critical Strike and 1600 Maximum Hit Points.
Drow Ambush Tactics - Combat Advantage damage bonus is increased by 10%.
Dwarven Stamina - You now regain Stamina 5% faster.
Abyssal Strikes - Gain +10% Damage versus Demons.
The Maze Engine
Abyssal Siphoning - You gain 5% Life Steal Severity.
Demonic Influence - You gain 400 Combat Advantage Bonus.
Demonic Swiftness - You now gain action points 3% faster.
Baphomet's Might - When striking a foe you have a chance to gain 2000 Critical Strike bonus for 6 seconds.
Storm King’s Thunder
Cold Hearted - You gain 2% Life Steal Severity and 1000 Maximum Hit Points.
Hardy Constitution - You gain 400 Stamina Gain and 2% Everfrost Damage Resistance.
Chill Determination - You gain up to 2000 Recovery based on how much Stamina or Guard you are missing.
Glacial Strength - Your Max HP is increased by 3200 and 2% Everfrost Damage Resistance.
Chill of Winter - When striking a foe, you have chance to gain a stack of Icy Chill. At 10 Stacks, your next attack clears all stacks and releases a burst that deals up to 10000/12000/14000 damage to targets close to you. Damage Over Time effects will not trigger this ability.
Utility (Your choice)
PvP (Your choice)
Current Module [ 10.5 ]