Cristiano’s Hellbringer PVE SW

by Soul_Reaper3 on March 13, 2017
Warlock

Cristiano’s Hellbringer PVE SW

Introduction: This is a build meant for experienced players; we won’t be going over the leveling up process or how the game really works. This build was put together by Christianofan77 and put here by his request by me. English is Chris’ third language, though he speaks the language well writing isn’t his strong suit. Chris claims the build isn’t wholly of his own build but more so a combination of what he’s learned through play-testing, speaking with other players, and reading builds of his own. We’ll be going over everything you need to build this awesome Scourge from start to finish.

Race:

By far the best choice for a SW is Tiefling it’s racial stat distribution along with it’s innate perk make it hands down a better pick then any of the other races. Also it’s free.
Tiefling: (+2 Charisma and +2 Constitution)
Bloodhunt: You deal an additional 5% damage to targets below half health.
Highlights of the Race: Charisma and Constitution are the two stats from which SWs get their damage so having a race that can give two to both is ideal. Blood hunt is a free 5% damage half of the time as a dps this should be a no brainer why it it good.

Starting Stats: 16 Charisma Constitution 15 Charisma 13 Intelligence Strength 11 Dexterity 11 Wisdom 9 (+2 to Charisma and Constitution from racial)
At levels 10, 20, 40, 50, 70: Put one in both Constitution and Charisma for a final stat distribution of

23 Charisma Constitution 22 Charisma 15 Intelligence Strength 13 Dexterity 13 Wisdom 11

Feats:

• Executioner’s Gift: 5/5
  • Brutal Curse: 5/5
  • Creeping Death: 1/1

Damnation:

• Parting Blasphemy: 5/5
  • Power of the Nine Hells: 5/5

There is really only one choice for feats in this build and it is between Gate Keeper’s Empowerment and Offering to the Prisoner. While both are solid options you will see more returns more of the time with Offering to the Prisoner. If you decide to go with Gate Keeper’s Empowerment though you should be running a Vorpal Enchantment over a Dread Enchantment.

You will see a lot of builds specking into the Temptation Paragon path to get the feat Dark Revelry. Dark Revelry is a great skill that benefits both you and your party, but the individual benefit is much less then you would get from Power of the Nine Hells. Getting Power of the Nine Hells is crucial because it increases the buff Pillar of Power gives to your party (from 12%-18%), and also allows you to keep the buff if you move out of the circle. In high end dungeons, with mobs capable of one shotting you, movement and conservation of the damage buff is important. Movement will be even more important in mod 11 with the upcoming changes to the Devoted Cleric.

Powers:

At Wills:

• Hellish Rebuke (Main)
  • Eldritch Blast (Occasional Secondary)

Personal Powers:

• All Consuming Curse
  • Flames of Empowerment

Dailies:

• Tyrannical Curse: used for mobs and multiple targets
  • Brood of Hadar: used only for single targets/bosses.

Encounters for Trash Mobs:

Encounters:

• Pillar of Power
  • Killing Flames
  • Fiery Bolt

Rotation: Mark the enemies with your curse, drop pillar of power, wait for buffs from team mates, drop tyrannical curse, fiery bolt, killing flames, use hellish rebuke until encounters are ready and then repeat.

Single Targets/Bosses:

• Pillar of Power
  • Killing Flames
  • Hadar’s Grasp

Rotation: Drop pillar of power, mark the boss with your curse, Hadar’s grasp, killing flames, Brood of Hadar, then Sigil of the Devoted Cleric, use hellish rebuke until encounters are ready and then repeat.

Gear:

• Weapons: Hexweaver’s Set
    • Main Hand Artifact Power: Hellish Rebuke.
    • Off Hand Artifact Power: All Consuming Curse & Action Point Gain
  • Head/Chest/Hands/Feet: Hexweaver’s Raid Gear
  • Belt/Neck: Orcus Set
  • Rings: Legendary Dods if you can get them or your highest Brutality and Rising Power rings.
  • Shirt/Pants: Gemmed Exquisite Elemental

Reinforcement Kits:

• Armor: All Critical Strike Kits
  • Rings/Belt/Neck: All Action Point Gain Kits

Weapon Enchantment: Dread or Vorpal *

• Note: Builds running Gate Keeper’s Empowerment (GKE) should use vorpal as this combines the best single taget dps combination. With Chris’ build it is more beneficial to instead choose Offering to the Prisoner and a Dread Enchantment. Teching Offering helps a lot with clearing trash mobs in higher end dungeons such a Fang Breaker and Svadborg that are tankier and don’t go down so easy.

Armor Enchantment: Negation, Soulforged, or Elven Battle. This isn’t a huge choice it is more down to player preference Chris prefers Elven Battle

Offensive Enchantments: Azures

Defensive Enchantments: Darks

Artifacts:

• Active: Sigil of the Devoted
  • Shard of Orcus’ Wand
  • Thayan Book of the Dead
  • Lantern of Revelation/ Tiamat’s Orb of Majesty/ Kessell’s Sphere *

Note on Artifacts: The first three are must haves for this build, but the last slot is open to player preference. Anything in this slot should suffice. Also many dps classes currently the Wheel of Elements, but it is currently bugged and isn’t giving you the proper damage increase. The Devoted Sigil is the best active artifact for pouring out the dps because of its ability to let you consistently use your daily.

Companions:

Must have Companions: Conartist (Active) / Air Archon / Owlbear Cub

Tech Choices: Erinyes of Belial/ Fire Archon / Siege Master/ Cambion Magus any of these will do whatever you can get your hands on really.

Stable:

Equip Power: 2,000 critical strike

Tech Choice for Insignia Bonus: Beserker’s Rage is a good stand in until you can get Calvary Warning from a legendary mount which will replace it.

Ideal Mounts: Active Power from the Tenser’s Disc and Equip Power from the Coastal Flail Snail.

Boons:

Guild Boons: Power and Defense, Utility is personal preference.

comments
  • March 14, 2017 at 11:21 am

One of the best scourges I’ve had the pleasures to play with on PS4

• Trolling Trolls
    March 14, 2017 at 5:59 pm

Typical cookie cutter build. Nothing new to see here.. Just a different author..

• March 15, 2017 at 6:58 pm

Nice build! Are those sudden rings on your companion? If so, are you seeing better DPS with rising vs sudden rings on your character?

• March 16, 2017 at 7:31 am

I use brutality +4 , rising life steal +5 and a krig +5 i used to use sudden rings on both my character and companion but a static stats is always better than having the burst dmg for 10 sec and loosing for 20 as soon i get better rings like dod for example i will swap the suddens completely out of my companion first because of the change in mod 11 then my toon .

• March 16, 2017 at 7:26 am

Thx Bufferoni i appreciate it man , i don’t if i deserve your kind words but ty

• March 18, 2017 at 12:59 am

Why is your power so low and your crit so high? Just wondering..

• March 20, 2017 at 2:17 pm

its what happens when you rely on a broken build and once that gets patched , you fail to adjust and left wondering….. besides that i like your rants on cryptics money grab schemes and whatnot i think you should do more of those with your reach of influence cheers 😉

• March 18, 2017 at 4:30 am

Because i don’t have maxed out Enchantments and i have a 100% crit nd most of my power i get it from my companion when he pros the bondings, nd i count on my group for the power share through pali Tank nd good dc so i can get power from different resources but not my crit except a mof cw can boost that for you

• March 20, 2017 at 2:19 pm

plays the SW like a boss, mad respectd 🙂

• Cristianofan77
      March 22, 2017 at 10:20 am

One of most insane Hunters that i had the pleasure to play with if not the best thx sir for all your kind words !

• Moireth
    March 20, 2017 at 3:25 pm

Thank you for the build! I definitely survive more in epic dungeons that’s for sure.
    I’m new to lvl 70 so please forgive me for my questions lol!
    Question 1: you switch out Fiery Bolt for Hadar’s Grasp before engaging a Boss?
    Question 2: why Brood on the boss instead of the dmg boost from Tyrannical?
    Question 3: why Hadar’s grasp for boss? Doesn’t it consume curse thereby losing the dmg increase and bosses generally can’t be lifted lol?

Thanks in advance for your time and I appreciate you posting this guide!

• Cristianofan77
      March 22, 2017 at 10:22 am

Add me on psn and i will answer all your questions in a party chat i use my character name as my psn as well nd i hate typing lol , talking i can explain better nd go through everything

• lgpg HA look good play Meh
    March 23, 2017 at 2:57 pm

builds “ok” few tweaks and its optimal some bonus points for 9 hells thats spot on , rotation leaves alot of dead dps rebuke is a ok fire cracker but its not the best option to slot for getting your ap back up with cooldowns you would need about 20k rec to be able to get your encounters going enough to make dread pull its weight. if your going to be standing there for 7 seconds waiting to use another encounter that crits might aswell use vorpal from the start.

• Cristianofan77
    March 24, 2017 at 2:28 am

Thx for your feedback i appreciate it , that’s why this morning i swapped offering to the prisoner with Gatekeeper’s empowerment for the additional dot dmg from rebuke and i swapped my dread for vorpal nd the fire archon for wrh i see huge difference against single target already and i will work on my rev for sure when I get my stats optimized more but thx for your advice and tips 🙂

• Verminator
    March 29, 2017 at 11:39 am

I’m loving this new build thanx dude I’ve seen a big difference in my dps 😊😊

• March 29, 2017 at 6:20 pm

I’m not trying to be a DBag ok. I think you have way too much critical and still not 100% chance, you can half that in to power and do way more damage and stil hit the same amount of crits. I think you should switch your azures with radiants. you are sitting at 29k power which is good but I’m sure 8k is from lgpg power boon right? for 8 k? try the radiants because more power will mean more dps. there will be a huge difference.

• DXB
      April 3, 2017 at 8:55 am

You have way too much critical but your not 100% crit ! WHAAT ? What does it even mean :s? Whatever you are having I want some bro.

• Cristianofan77
    April 3, 2017 at 1:38 am

I do have a 102% crit chance when my companion attacks my crit pops to 31k crit nd 66 k power and i still have rank 10’s if you noticed on my toon i will be replacing some azures for radiants when i max everything but for now my sw is where i want him to be nd i do have 8k power boon from guild , nd just a personal preference i do like have azures on toon nd radiants on comp because you get more stats from comp nd bindings with the aa from dc at the end of the day you run your character the way you like it nd I’m comfortable with mine in this way 😉

• Luiz
    April 5, 2017 at 1:56 pm

Why not Murderous Flames?????

• Cristianofan77
      April 9, 2017 at 11:02 pm

The thing is Murderous flames it’s not working as intended the aoe dmg it’s not working on multiple targets if they fix that i will use it but for now nah

• Death's Mistress
    April 6, 2017 at 3:53 pm

I dropped infernal wrath and took murderous flames and I also took gatekeeper’s empowerment over offering of prisoner and it seems to work better for me.

• Luiz
      April 7, 2017 at 5:44 pm

Agreed.
      Theres no serious SW build without Murderous Flames…

• Cristianofan77
      April 9, 2017 at 11:07 pm

I swapped to Gatekeeper as well for now i lost a lot of dmg on mobs but i gained a lot of dmg as well on single target but in order for that to work a 100% right for us you need a vorpal and if i was you keep infernal wrath nd loose hell touched if you don’t get attacked that often but at the end of the day you can tweak the build in a lot of ways , i think I’m gonna try sw full fury in few days

• Josh
    July 7, 2017 at 5:04 am

Would like to talk to you about builds sometime. I’m 15K and trying to optimize my build. Thanks