sk-Guardian’s full DPS Guide – Mod 10.5
Hello, I am sk-Guardian and I play a full dps Guardian Fighter on PS4.
My goal is to do as much dps as possible. This built is for highest dps (in my opinion) but u can also tank with this built in strong groups if the dc’s can protect your life.
I think there is no instance where you really need a full def tank cause the dc buffs will or should protect you.
(sorry for my bad english, hope u can understand all)
Race and rolling your Stats
Half-Orc is the best way cause your Critical Severity is 5% higher than that of other races and it gives you best dps output. Choose Str and CHA cause Str gives Damage Bonus and CHA gives Combat Advantage Damage & Companion Stat Bonus.
Think you dont need INT cause you have dc’s in group for recharging your cooldowns and dont need DEX cause you got enough Arp form your Compamion and Equipment
First I wanna say that some people playing Iron Vanguard cause Crushing Pin with Trample the Fallen & Battle Tramp gives great bonus damage. Your daily power will be Indomitable Strength, which will proc your Crushing Pin regularly. Trample is far more reliable than the Swordmaster’s Counterpart Steel Blitz.Trample deals 20% bonus damage to any controlled NPC plus the Battle Trample Feat deals 25% additional weapon damage to any controlled NPC, where as Steel Blitz offers only a 5% chance to deal 80% weapon damage. Trample the fallen combined with Battle Trample offers a significantly higher damage potential
This sounds really good in theory but there is a problem when you are playing in a highend group with strong dc’s. The dc’s will reduce your cooldowns so fast that we have to spam our commander strike as much as possible in combination with knight’s challenge and into the fray in best setup. Without best setup its better too. The dmg from Weapons Master Strike is much stronger in combination with the “jagged blade”. The dmg from Battle Trample is very very low cause it’s only from our naked Weapon dmg. The 20% from Trample the Fallen is much lower than the strong Weapon Master’s Strike with jagged blade when u compare it with cleave from Iron Vanguard. So use Steel Blitz or Steel Grace.
You should know that u must switch your Powers sometimes cause in every situation u need other Powers. Your importend Powers for rank 4 should be
- Commander Strike, Knight’s Challenge, Into the Fray, Knee Breaker, Lunging Strike, Enforced Threat, Anvil of Doom
- Combat Superiority, Steel Blitz, Steel Defense, Shield Talent, Crescendo
- Villain’s Menace, Fighter’s Recovery
- Weapon Master’s Strike, Crushing Surge
- always use your Weapon Master’s Strike for max dps output – if u need heal in solo playing use your Crushing Surge
- always use Combat Superiority and Steel Blitz for max dps output
- Steel Defense or Shield Talent if u wanna tank something and if its really essential
- always use Villain’s Menace and Fighters’s Recovery (switch on Crescendo for stunning trash mobs in fbi when they wanna run away)
DPS with 3 or more strong dc’s in group
- always use Commander Strike, Into the Fray and Knight’s Challenge (switch itf to Knee Breaker when second GF in group)
DPS with normal group
- always use Commander Strike, Into the Fray and Knee Breaker (switch itf to Anvil of Doom when second GF in group)
- Lunging Strike, Enforced Threat and Into the Fray
Tanking with 3 or more strong dc’s in group
- same like DPS
Tanking with normal group
- always use Commander Strike, Into the Fray. Choose between Enforced Threat or Knee Breaker
Don’t forget to use your Mark with “R1” for your Commander Strike. It’s very important cause Commander Strike is your strongest Encounter with a very strong dps group.
You can see all Stats of each Boon in my Video at the End of this Guide or you can only look at the pictures.
Use Air Archon as main comp for 2 legend ring slots and 1 neck place (neck with Power & ArP)
For the Offense Slots u must choose between Power or Crit – I use Brutal enchants with Power & Crit.
Air Archon increases your damage against targets not at full health by +5% Each additional active Archon increases this bonus by 0,5%
Fire Archon increases your damage against targets below 50% health by 7%
Siege Master + 4% increased dmg
Cambion Magus +10% Critical Severity
Eriynes of Belial +10% Critical Severity
Your critical severity adds 75% to the damage – its 175% of the whole damage
base damage “x” *(1 + 0.75) = 1.75
now you gain +10% crit sev
base damage “x” *(1 + 0.75 + 0.1) = 1.85
1.85/1.75 = 1.056 and its give u 5.6% damage increase
If your critical severity is at 160% – its 260% of the whole damage
base damage “x” *(1 + 1.6) = 2.6
now you gain +10% crit sev
base damage “x” *(1 + 1.6 + 0.1) = 2.7
2.7/2.6 = 1.040 and its give u only 4% damage increase
Mounts & Insignea’s
I use Swift Golden Lion Power for protecting the group and 2000 Power Mount
For max dps output you should use Tenser’s Floating Disk Power which gives you 10% Power, 10% move faster, 2 Str, Dex, Con and Armor Class over 12 seconds and 4000 Power Mount
For your Insignea’s try to use Diminance as much as possible cause it gives you 200 Power and 100 Companion influence which is the only Insignea with has 2 strong Stats on it. But you need some other Insignea’s for your Boni I would take Insignia of Skill with 200 Critical Strike and 100 Action Point Gain for it.
Equipment, Enchants & Stats (look the video at the end)
- Shieldbearer’s full Raid Set but switching Jarl’s Gaze if u run FBI oder mSVA – if u dont have this use 2 of Dragonflight and 2 of Dusk Armor for Set Bonus
- Shieldbearer’s Longsword with Weapon Master’s Strike Artifact Power
- Shieldbearer’s Shield with Steel Blitz Class Feature and +400 Combat Advantage Bonus
- Use Ring of Rising Power & Ring of Dod
- Shirt & Trousers selfmade Warrior’s Gemmed Exquisite Elemental Chainmail/Chausses
- Neck & Waist from Orcus Set
- Wheel of Elements, Shard of Orcus’ Wand, Lantern of Revelation, Sigil of the Controller
- Weapon Slot: Vorpal – You strike with an additional 50% Critical Severity. Critical Severity increases the damage your Critical Strikes deal. Your Critical Strikes now reduce your target’s Damage Resistance by 2% and Damage by 2%
- Armor Slot: Negation – When receiving dmg each hit stacks 3% Damage Resistance, 1% incoming Heal, 1% Recovery for 9 seconds. This effect can stack a maximum of 10 times or u can use a Soulforged Enchant if u need
- Offense Slot: Brutal gives +420 Power and Critical Strike (840) actually I use Azure which gives +700 Critical Strike
- Defense Slot: Black Ice gives u + Def, Lifesteal and Deflect which are the Stats for “Assassins’s Covenant” Insigniea Bonus
- Reinforced: You can take +200 Power or +200 Critial Strike and +100 Action Point Gain on other Items.
Our most important Stats are Power, Critical Strike and Resistance Ignored (60%). I push my Resistance Ignored Stat with a +700 Arp Enchant on my Comp. Now we have to push our Power and Critial Strike. You dont need 100% Critical Chance. I was hitting with 70% 75% 80% …100% on bosses and my result is that I run better with about 75-80% Critical Chance and much more Power than 100% Critical Chance and much lesser Power.
Dont need many Recovery cause we have our dc’s for our cooldowns and it’s the same with our defense / damage resistance so we can concentrate us on our Power and Crit.
Stats without Comp
Stats with Comp hitting
Video with Equipment, Powers, Feats, Boons, Comp, Mounts and (not up-to-date will do it after the 2x refinement event)
Doing Master Assault of Svardborg as full dps tanking