sk-Guardian’s full DPS Guide – Mod 10.5

Profile photo of sk-Guardian
by sk-Guardian on February 10, 2017
Guardian Fighter

sk-Guardian’s full DPS Guide – Mod 10.5

Hello, I am sk-Guardian and I play a full dps Guardian Fighter on PS4.
My goal is to do as much dps as possible. This built is for highest dps (in my opinion) but u can also tank with this built in strong groups if the dc’s can protect your life.
I think there is no instance where you really need a full def tank cause the dc buffs will or should protect you.
(sorry for my bad english, hope u can understand all)

Race and rolling your Stats

Half-Orc is the best way cause your Critical Severity is 5% higher than that of other races and it gives you best dps output. Choose Str and CHA cause Str gives Damage Bonus and CHA gives Combat Advantage Damage & Companion Stat Bonus.

Think you dont need INT cause you have dc’s in group for recharging your cooldowns and dont need DEX cause you got enough Arp form your Compamion and Equipment

Feats

First I wanna say that some people playing Iron Vanguard cause Crushing Pin with Trample the Fallen & Battle Tramp gives great bonus damage. Your daily power will be Indomitable Strength, which will proc your Crushing Pin regularly. Trample is far more reliable than the Swordmaster’s Counterpart Steel Blitz.Trample deals 20% bonus damage to any controlled NPC plus the Battle Trample Feat deals 25% additional weapon damage to any controlled NPC, where as Steel Blitz offers only a 5% chance to deal 80% weapon damage. Trample the fallen combined with Battle Trample offers a significantly higher damage potential

This sounds really good in theory but there is a problem when you are playing in a highend group with strong dc’s. The dc’s will reduce your cooldowns so fast that we have to spam our commander strike as much as possible in combination with knight’s challenge and into the fray in best setup. Without best setup its better too. The dmg from Weapons Master Strike is much stronger in combination with the “jagged blade”. The dmg from Battle Trample is very very low cause it’s only from our naked Weapon dmg. The 20% from Trample the Fallen is much lower than the strong Weapon Master’s Strike with jagged blade when u compare it with cleave from Iron Vanguard. So use Steel Blitz or Steel Grace.

Powers & Feats – Click here

Powers

You should know that u must switch your Powers sometimes cause in every situation u need other Powers. Your importend Powers for rank 4 should be

• Commander Strike, Knight’s Challenge, Into the Fray, Knee Breaker, Lunging Strike, Enforced Threat, Anvil of Doom
  • Combat Superiority, Steel Blitz, Steel Defense, Shield Talent, Crescendo
  • Villain’s Menace, Fighter’s Recovery
  • Weapon Master’s Strike, Crushing Surge

Powers & Feats – Click here

At-Wills

• always use your Weapon Master’s Strike for max dps output – if u need heal in solo playing use your Crushing Surge

Personal

• always use Combat Superiority and Steel Grace or Steel Blitz for max dps output
  • Steel Defense or Shield Talent if u wanna tank something and if its really essential

Daily

• always use Villain’s Menace and Fighters’s Recovery (switch on Crescendo for stunning trash mobs in fbi when they wanna run away)

Encounter

Single Target DPS

• always Into the Fray (switch if there is another GF),
  • Switch between Knee Breaker, Commander Strike, Griffon’s Wrath, Anvil of Doom and Knight’s Challenge

Fast Boss fights like cn, valindra and so on u normaly dont’t need your Knee Breaker cause the Bosses are not long enough.

Switch your Knee Breaker to Griffon’s Wrath, Anvil or Commander.

Commander isnt the best choice after the nerf – mostly Knee Breaker is stronger.

If the DC’s can protect u always take Knights’s Challenge for more dmg outpot but be careful.

Mostly I am playing with Into the Fray, Knee Breaker and Knight’s Challenge / Commander Strike in FBI or mSVA.

Instances like cn and all other fast I am playing with Into the Fray, Griffon’s Wrath and Knight’s Challenge / Commander Strike.

AoE DPS

• Lunging Strike, Enforced Threat and Into the Fray

Don’t forget to use your Mark with “R1” for your Commander Strike.

Boons

You can see all Stats of each Boon in my Video at the End of this Guide or you can only look at the pictures.

Companions

Use Air Archon as main comp for 2 legend ring slots and 1 neck place (neck with Power & ArP)

For the Offense Slots u must choose between Power or Crit – I use Brutal enchants with Power & Crit.

Air Archon increases your damage against targets not at full health by +5% Each additional active Archon increases this bonus by 0,5%
Fire Archon increases your damage against targets below 50% health by 7%

base damage “x” *(1 + 1.6) = 2.6

now you gain +10% crit sev

base damage “x” *(1 + 1.6 + 0.1) = 2.7

2.7/2.6 = 1.040 and its give u only 4% damage increase

Mounts & Insignea’s

I use Swift Golden Lion Power for protecting the group and 2000 Power Mount

For max dps output you should use Tenser’s Floating Disk Power which gives you 10% Power, 10% move faster, 2 Str, Dex, Con and Armor Class over 12 seconds and 4000 Power Mount

For your Insignea’s try to use Diminance as much as possible cause it gives you 200 Power and 100 Companion influence which is the only Insignea with has 2 strong Stats on it. But you need some other Insignea’s for your Boni I would take Insignia of Skill with 200 Critical Strike and 100 Action Point Gain for it.

Equipment, Enchants & Stats (look the video at the end)

Equipment

• Shieldbearer’s full Raid Set but switching Jarl’s Gaze if u run FBI oder mSVA – if u dont have this use 2 of Dragonflight and 2 of Dusk Armor for Set Bonus
  • Shieldbearer’s Longsword with Weapon Master’s Strike Artifact Power
  • Shieldbearer’s Shield with Steel Blitz Class Feature and +400 Combat Advantage Bonus
  • Use Ring of Rising Power & Ring of Dod
  • Shirt & Trousers selfmade Warrior’s Gemmed Exquisite Elemental Chainmail/Chausses
  • Neck & Waist from Orcus Set
  • Wheel of Elements, Shard of Orcus’ Wand, Lantern of Revelation, Sigil of the Controller

Enchants

• Weapon Slot: Vorpal – You strike with an additional 50% Critical Severity. Critical Severity increases the damage your Critical Strikes deal. Your Critical Strikes now reduce your target’s Damage Resistance by 2% and Damage by 2%
  • Armor Slot: Negation – When receiving dmg each hit stacks 3% Damage Resistance, 1% incoming Heal, 1% Recovery for 9 seconds. This effect can stack a maximum of 10 times or u can use a Soulforged Enchant if u need
  • Offense Slot: Brutal gives +420 Power and Critical Strike (840) and use Azure which gives +700 Critical Strike if u need more Crit.
  • Defense Slot: Black Ice gives u + Def, Lifesteal and Deflect which are the Stats for “Assassins’s Covenant” Insigniea Bonus or use Azure
  • Reinforced: You can take +200 Power or +200 Critial Strike or +200 ArP if u need and +100 Action Point Gain on other Items.

Stats

Our most important Stats are Power, Critical Strike and Resistance Ignored (60%). I push my Resistance Ignored Stat with my crafted Neck on my Comp. Now we have to push our Power and Critial Strike. You dont need 100% Critical Chance. I was hitting with 70% 75% 80% …100% on bosses and my result is that I run better with about 80-90% Critical Chance and much more Power than 100% Critical Chance and much lesser Power.

Dont need many Recovery cause we have our dc’s for our cooldowns and it’s the same with our defense / damage resistance so we can concentrate us on our Power and Crit.

Stats without Comp

Stats with Comp hitting

Video with Equipment, Powers, Feats, Boons, Comp, Mounts

Doing Master Assault of Svardborg as full dps tanking

comments
  • Baskid
    February 10, 2017 at 6:46 pm

I’m playing with this guy since the release of this game on PS4 and he’s definitly one of the best Guardian Fighters I’ve seen on PS4!

• Profile photo of Contractions of Fate
    February 10, 2017 at 7:16 pm

I am on PC, and this looks really nice! I will read in detail later.

There was a time when CON was a thing, but now it does not add so much. It only affects BASE hp, not Max hp as it says, and ALL classes have just under 24,000 Base hp at level 70 and CON 10. So the CON bonus applies only to that 24,000 Base hp, and not Max hp on gear etc.

Toughness has more Max hp value, as it adds a bit more than the 9% bonus and applies to Max hp, including CON bonus and gear.

For this reason, some Conqueror dps GF builds use STR/DEX, for the ArPen and Deflect bonus, while other use STR/CHA, for the automatic Combat Advantage bonus on marked targets, which also boost Companion stats a little. I have even seen Tiefling Guardians with high CHA. Some builds even go for STR/INT, for the cooldown and APG. Probably Tactician builds.

What do you think of the idea of STR/DEX or STR/CHA?

My second character was my first GF (IV) in Mod 2, a Dwarf, with Maxed CON of 28 with campfire bonus and no belt or Potions.

My next GF is my 8th character, a Halfling Swordmaster, and has a more balanced roll for Max DEX, but I respecced from Tactician/Protector to Conqueror/Protector (for the Weapon Master’s Strike feat), and she is just as tanky as she was but kills things SO much faster!

Cheers!

• Profile photo of sk-Guardian
      February 10, 2017 at 7:28 pm

I think the combination of STR/DEX isnt very good cause i get enough ArP from Comp. STR/INT is the same when u have good DC’s in group for ur Cooldowns. Didn’t thought about the STR/CHA but I think it would be better or the best (I am not perfect) thanks for it and I will update this.

• Profile photo of Contractions of Fate
        February 10, 2017 at 8:27 pm

Yes, ArPen is the easiest to stack, +4% ResIg per 400. Recovery is +2% Recharge per 400 and APG and everything else is +1% per 400. PvP Guardians (usually IV) have a ton of ArPen it to overcome Tenacity, but (as you know) we don’t need a lot more than 60% in PvE, maybe up to 70% in FBI or somewhere, but I have never been there – I am booning Alts instead.

It was a few months ago someone suggested the STR/DEX to me rather than STR/CON. And for the Halfling, I thought it might be good with a Shadowclad or something, for Deflection as I was respeccing from Tactician anyway. She has Seldarine set (yeah, I know…)

But a Conqueror PvP GF from Essence told me STR/CHA is better due to Marked CombAdv from the TAB Mark. I did not know this, as the Tool Tip does not say as far as I can see. But I tested it on combat dummies and in solo play, and the Marked targets definitely have the purple ring at their feet.

I might respec her to STR/CHA and see how it goes, as I have a load of free Retraining Tokens from the Winter Festival.

I mostly Mained two DCs since Mod 2, but now I have 4 DCs (different races and builds), 2 SWs, a GF, a CW and an HR who I can consider “Mains” as they all have artifact sets and boons to at least Mod 5. The GF SM and SWs are SO much more fun solo, as they run so fast and kill so fast. But my DCs are always in demand for Epic dungeons etc. They farmed the Twisted and Drowcraft gear for my Alts!

Anyway, nice build, I’ll have to watch your videos for the artifacts you use. I have a Wheel and 2 full Lostmauth sets, a Golden Lion, some Archons and other nifty stuff in the bank, but I can’t decide which character to use them on!

Half Orc is probably the best race for raw dps, especially if you do not have Dragonborn, although his CHA won’t be high. I’d like to try a Tiefling, but it takes so long to level up and boon up and get decent gear.

Cheers!

• Jr
    February 10, 2017 at 7:30 pm

I’m a dwarf gf sitting at 2.3k and I was wondering if you can help me with artifacts. Right now I use Apocalypse Dagger, Shard of Orcus’ Wand, Lantren of Revelation and the Sicily of the Devoted. I don’t want to use the Wheel of Elements cuz I always miss the fire buff.

• Profile photo of sk-Guardian
      February 10, 2017 at 7:56 pm

try to learn to use your fire buff 😉
      if u dont play with wheel i would prefer lantern for main slot or maybe u can use the effect of eye of the giant with gives u 5% Power & Damage Resistance and 25% size & speed for 12 second. Sigil of Devoted in main slot or Heart of the Blue Dragon in normal Slot would be a option too

• Profile photo of Roy
    February 10, 2017 at 7:49 pm

Solid build sir, even if you did take a jab at my build at the start lol. Certainly we don’t agree on everything but this build looks strong. Great work.

• Anaconda
    February 12, 2017 at 8:34 am

An amazing build made by an extraordinary player.
    Congratulations and thank you for the guide.

• James
    February 15, 2017 at 6:31 pm

I’d highly recommend sheild warriors wrath other steel blitz, I noticed a big difference in my dmg when I switched from steel blitz awhile back.

• Profile photo of sk-Guardian
      February 15, 2017 at 7:09 pm

Normaly I would agree with u but in some high groups there is no time for holding up ur shield cause all encounters are always ready.
      I think u have to switch it in a few situations.

• Profile photo of sk-Guardian
    February 17, 2017 at 11:32 am

Updated my Companions and added “Critical Severity” – after 2x refinement i will do another vid with new stats, comp and brutal enchants

• SavageWar
    February 20, 2017 at 7:12 am

Hey sk-guardian fresh lv70 here I put my states in str and dexterity four now cause I don’t have the ap yet is thare anything you can suggest two me as a new gfield and do I need two put any points in con cause I don’t really have any gear yet 3 pieces of dusk.

• Profile photo of sk-Guardian
    March 4, 2017 at 3:21 pm

Updated my Comps, Stats, Brutal and Black Ice enchants with new Youtube Video – look at the end of the guide

• Unknown
    April 9, 2017 at 8:23 am

this is all well and good, but what if you don’t have a DC with you all the time? because you rely heavily on a DC in this build. for recovery and staying alive, so what then if no DC?

• sk-Guardian
      April 13, 2017 at 6:34 am

I am always running with dc.
      If u dont have one u have to play without knights challenge and hold up ur shield sometines when u r the only “tank” in group in dungeons like fbi. Dungeons like cn u can run without healer if the dmg is strong enough but its not the best or fastest way.

• Unknown
    April 14, 2017 at 9:30 am

okay thanks, also what insigna bonus should I get on floating disk ?

• Profile photo of rjc9000
    April 14, 2017 at 11:20 pm

SK Guardian, we corresponded a lot on the official forums.

I still think this is a fantastic build, but I’m wondering what your plans are with Mod 11 coming out, and not having AA to assist the tanking front. How are you adjusting your DPS-tank style to the AA changes?

(I’m having some muscle memory moments, like forgetting to turn off KC on hard hitting attacks.)

• Profile photo of sk-Guardian
      April 15, 2017 at 8:38 am

I dont play anymore… quit the game.
      If there is no other tank in group I think it would be difficult to play with KC. With very strong dps it would be possible in fbi, cn and other dungeons. “Raids” like mSVA you must try it. With hard dps groups (best setup like 4:30 runs) it could work. Mid or Low groups think you cant play with KC. Didnt try it only can say what I think about it.

Leave a Response