Garl’s Warlock Hellbringer Fury PvE Build [Mod 10.5]

Profile photo of Garlaanx
by Garlaanx on January 20, 2017
Warlock

Garl’s Warlock Hellbringer Fury PvE Build [Mod 10.5]

Scourge Warlock – Hellbringer Fury PvE Build – Mod 10.5

Welcome – This is the Mod 10.5 Updated Build for the Hellbringer Fury Warlock. This build will dish out some hardcore DPS while still being able to take a few hits.  Don’t get me wrong, you will still be a glass cannon, but the new mechanics of Pillar of Power does provide us some mitigation. With the recent “fix” to Tyrannical Threat, the Warlock has lost loads of DPS.  However, don’t get too discouraged. We can still handle our own and do a pretty decent job. Also, if you need to contact me to ask questions or just have general feedback. Please, contact me by either my Youtube channel or Twitter. I try to check the comments here as often as I can.. but those two ways will be the best option at this time.

Race – Tiefling / Dragonborn / Human – All 3 will be viable Races to play. Just remember, if you do choose a Human, you will gain an extra 3 feat points.

Stats – CHA/CON – You want to get high initial rolls in both CHA/CON – Then build full CHA/CON throughout leveling up

Gear – Best in Slot is going to be the Relic Armor.  Eventually the Vivified Relic Armor when you can get all pieces and get them upgraded. The stats are all Power/Crit/Defense so you will have to make up the lost ArmorPen with either enchants or mount insignias. The added DPS from using an Everfrost potion just can’t be matched by anything else at this point.

Weapon / Offhand – The Relic Weapons will currently be Best in Slot.  The grind is long and painful.. but the reward is well worth the effort.
On your weapon you want to put Hellish Rebuke +12% Damage
On your offhand you want to go with Flames of Empowerment for the added DPS

Rings – Ring of Rising Precision & Ring of Rising Power +5 would be Best in Slot for the two offensive slots. However, you can use +4 rings just as well.

3 Piece Set – Best in Slot is going to be the Orcus Set. (Neck, Belt, Artifact) DPS increase of over 10%

Artifacts – Wheel of the Elements & Sigil of the Devoted in your Active Main Slot. Thayan Book of the Dead and Tiamat’s Orb. If you don’t have access to these, You can always substitute Lantern of Revelations or any other Artifact with Power/Crit/ArmorPen

Enchantments – This is going to be up to you and what your character needs. You need to have 60% Armor Penetration, as close to 100% Crit Chance as you can get.. Then you can stack Power. I personality use all Radiants in Offensive Slots.. and all Darks in Defensive Slots. Power + Lifesteal – You can use all Brutals if you want to split stats between Power/Crit.. but they can be a bit more expensive.

Armor Enchantment – We are going to be using the Transcendent Negation. 30% Damage Resistance, 10% Incoming Healing Bonus (Works with Lifesteal) and 10% Recovery. You can’t go wrong with it. Works wonders for this build. Pure Tankage!

Weapon Enchantment – We are going to be using the Transcendent Dread. You can still use the Trans Vorpal and I am still testing what will actually be best.. both either of them will work just fine. Remember, Crit Severity does actually have a cap.

Feats
4/5 Energizing Curse
3/3 Weapon Mastery
3/3 Empowered Rituals
5/5 Determined Casting
2/5 Blood Pact
3/3 Devastating Crit
Total 20 Points – If you roll a Human you will gain an extra 3 points that you can either place in Blood Pact to make it 5/5 or place it in Soul Reaping 3/3 if needed. Also, Scornful Curse 3/3 is another great option.

Hellbringer Path
Fury Tree
5/5 Critical Promise
5/5 Gatekeeper’s Empowerment
5/5 Helltouched
5/5 Executioner’s Gift
5/5 Murderous Flames
1/1 Creeping Death
Temptation Tree
5/5 Hope Stealer
5/5 Hellish Condemnation
5/5 Dark Revelry
Total 41 Points

Powers
At-Wills – Hellish Rebuke / Hand of Blight (Can Sub Dark Spiral Aura for AP Gain if needed)
Encounters – Killing Flames / Pillar of Power / Fiery Bolt
Personal – Flames of Empowerment / All Consuming Curse
Daily’s – Tyrannical Threat / Brood of Hadar
All should be maxed with 4 points in each as soon as possible.
Below will be a Spell Rotation Guide – Or you can click HERE for link.

Companions
Legendary Pet – 3 different options will be available. If you can’t afford to get the top end of the market stuff. You can go with the Air Archon. If you can afford the top end of the market, then the Fire Archon is also an option. However, my personal opinion is the best companion for any DPS class in the game is the Con Artist. It costs 2 gold, has 2 offensive slots, 1 defensive slot, 3 ring slots.
Rank 12 Bondings Stones – I also chose to go with Sudden Crit, Sudden Brute, and Sudden Lifesteal as my 3 ring choices. All stacking either Radiant or Darks. +5 Rings would be Best, but +4 will work as well. What makes this companion so special is one of his effects is a 10% debuff. Can’t go wrong with that. It also stacks.. so if you have 3 people in your party using it.. 30% debuff on top of every other debuff.
Other Active Pets – Owlbear / Air Archon / Siege Master / Erinyes

Boons –  All are more in depth in the video.

tyranny

dreadring

elementalevil

icewinddale

mazeengine

sharandar

underdark

Mounts
I view mounts as sort of a “bonus” system to make up for missing stats. As far as combat power goes.. if you are lucky enough to have a Legendary Mount, I would suggest the Tenser’s Disc for the 10% DPS increase. As far as mount powers go, if you are lucky enough to have 2 Legendary Mounts.. The Black Ice Warhorse for the 4k Power is a must.  If you don’t.. any 2k Power Mount is fine as well.

Insignia Bonus can be used at your liking.  However, I find this to be the best set up currently.  More in depth in the video.

Finally Here is the Video Guide/Build in Full:

And Also, here is the Spell Power Rotation Guide:

comments
  • November 2, 2016 at 4:55 pm

Great build! I’ve switched to yours and ma Warlock is powerful then ever! Thank you for sharing!

• Profile photo of swapilot
    November 4, 2016 at 12:39 am

Awesome build, I really like the highly informative videos! I cannot wait to try this build.

• Profile photo of KAdamsy1
    November 5, 2016 at 1:10 pm

What would you recommend for a weapon set till the twisted set is obtainable?

• Mikenight120
    November 9, 2016 at 4:53 pm

I want a great dps warlock but i want to make sure that choosing the hellbringer path is the best dps because all the builds ive seen are soulbinder and i want to make sure this is a great build. Im ps4 just incase

• Mikenight120
      November 9, 2016 at 4:56 pm

and i only play PVE just incase

November 15, 2016 at 7:47 am

I would suggest going Damnation until your gear score is like 3k. You will live a lot longer during dungeons as SB Damnation. HB Fury is great DPS.. but you need the gear / item level to see it’s true potential. I would say HB Fury is more End Game.. and SB Damnation is more leveling 1-70 and getting your item level up. (Also, you can still stay SB Damnation even if you are 3k+.. at this point in the game and how both paragons work.. it’s based solely on your playstyle and how you want to play the game)

• November 10, 2016 at 4:50 pm

Does the new Tyrannical Threat rework replace the 20℅ buff from warlocks curse when the Dailey is used single target boss? If so then there would be no increase in dps using that Dailey?

November 10, 2016 at 7:42 pm

Hey Garlaanx! Awesome build as always. Im using it on my HB SW and its amazing.
    Do you know of any transmutation to Twisted set to let them look better?
    Im currently using twisted set with dread enchant on it, and I hate the way they look 🙁

November 15, 2016 at 7:50 am

Honestly, I don’t mess around with Transmutes. I care about Stats in the game not looks =( .. I think the Warlock Weps look pretty lame to begin with it. I would just try to find something you like =)

• Alex
    November 13, 2016 at 6:09 pm

So now Hellbringer > SoulBringer i get it?

November 14, 2016 at 5:44 pm

u mean Soulbinder.

November 15, 2016 at 7:51 am

HB Fury does more DPS yes. The SB Damnation is still tanky though. It all depends on how you want to play these days. 90% of Warlocks are currently running HB Fury.. I’d say 8% are running SB Damnation.. and maybe 2% are running SB Fury… so, in the long run… all up to you =)

• TerrasighT
    November 15, 2016 at 8:23 am

Hi there,

“Rings – Ring of Rising Precision & Ring of Rising Power”

Why? AtM I run sudden brut & sudden precision, why you suggest the rising ones?

November 22, 2016 at 9:45 am

Because I use Sudden Rings on Companion. You can’t use Sudden rings on yourself and companion. The effects won’t stack together. Hence, using Rising Rings on your character.

• TerrasighT
        November 22, 2016 at 9:48 am

Me too on companion…so they don’t stack? Don’t knew it…thanks… 🙂 I’ll change and testing 🙂

• TerrasighT
        November 22, 2016 at 10:54 am

Ok I’ve tested it on puppet at stronghold. I’m on PS4 and what I can see they stack (I only can look at my stats, I’ve no sheet to look at). For example crit: Without sudden crit on me and companion only I can reach 27k. WITH sudden precision on me AND companion I can get over 30k. Same for sudden brutality.

So…it’s a difference between PC and PS4?

• TerrasighT
          November 22, 2016 at 10:59 am

Without sudden on me and on companion only I mean…

December 5, 2016 at 11:31 am

27k without and 30k with doesn’t make sense then. Each rings gives 4k each. With Rank 12 Bondings you get 300% more. If they did stack you would get 4k from the ring on yourself.. + another 4k+300% more from ring on companion as well. As I said.. they don’t stack. They refresh each other. The one on your character will proc.. then the one of your companion will proc right after.. So, you can get almost 100% up time.. but they don’t stack

• TerrasighT
            December 5, 2016 at 11:37 am

That was what I mean… Stack was the wrong word for it (i’m not native englisch). The point was: I get “for me” better results with the sudden combination as with the rising one…

November 18, 2016 at 7:42 pm

Garlaanx! Help help again!

Im using a Transcendent Dread on my Weapon. Do I still need to boost crit severity, for example, with Tiranny od Dragons Boons? Can I change them to life steal?

November 22, 2016 at 9:46 am

On Console it doesn’t show your total crit severity stat. So, you have to manually add up how much you currently have. Anything past 185% in my opinion is useless. Even at 150% is fine. It’s up to you =)

• Rafael
    November 21, 2016 at 2:33 am

Hey dude… i can’t get the twisted weapons yet. Which elemental do you think it’s better for this build?

November 22, 2016 at 9:47 am

Elemental Weps are very out dated. I would worry about getting the 2500 item level to get into Demo and start farming your Ichor. 10.5 out soon, will be even better weps. I would suggest getting Ensorcelled until Twisted.

• Daniel
    November 26, 2016 at 6:05 pm

Hey man I’m running your build…2800 gs and doing by my standards terrible
    Any chance you can get with me in game?
    PSN:draughmor

• Jeremiah Siemiaszko
    December 1, 2016 at 3:49 pm

Looking to get either the vorpal or dread, i was told that the vorpal only adds crit severity to at wills. Is this true? Cuz if it us, wouldnt the dread be the clear winner in that case?

Thanks

December 5, 2016 at 11:33 am

Vorpal works on EVERYTHING.. Dread only works on ENCOUNTERS. HB Fury will benefit more from the Dread. However, I just prefer the Vorpal because my at-wills do huge damage as well. It’s up to you what you want to use.

• Profile photo of toflux
        December 5, 2016 at 12:52 pm

Same doubt here… 2900 HB using this build.
        I’ve read that Vorpal do not work on ENCOUNTERS, but know reading from you that it work.
        So I presume that Vorpal doesn’t work only with PoP in our rota?
        I’ve Vorpal but on PS4 we do not have server test…
        Big big doubt if make the change with Dread or not. And now more big than before 😛

• Profile photo of Richard C
    December 5, 2016 at 10:01 pm

Loving this build, its made me love my lock again!! Thanks

December 12, 2016 at 2:03 pm

Mod 10.5 = Less 60% dmg on HB Warlocks?
    omg…

• MAC
    December 18, 2016 at 6:02 am

Noob question here. How exactly do you apply a curse? I haven’t been able to just apply it like you did in the video.

• Robb
    December 18, 2016 at 7:24 am

So my race is a drow, which isn’t one of the ones you listed..but I just started and am only a lvl 6..should I keep going with your build or just trash it and start over with your recommendation?

• December 18, 2016 at 8:33 am

I’m playing on PC so did this nurf already take place for me?

• Sakura
    December 19, 2016 at 10:44 pm

Could you put the names down for all your mounts please?

• Profile photo of toflux
    December 20, 2016 at 1:24 pm

Hey Garl, using this build I really like it, ty.
    I would like to have your opinion about my next move.
    In this moment I’ve as artifacts: lvl 100 Devoted (active-main), lvl 100 Lantern, lvl 60 Belial, lvl 100 tiamat.
    Following your advice I’ve buyed Dead Book and (very lucky!) a couple of day’s ago I’ve dropped Orcus Wand.
    So I think I’m going to set up:
    Devoted (active-main), Book, Orcus, Tiamat.
    I’ve the stack of lvl 5 enchantments to refine one new artifact to lvl 100, but not for a second.
    So my plan is: farm/buy some other enchantment lvl 5 and refine Book to lvl 59 and then use the Lantern as feeder.
    What do you think?
    No AD to buy other feeder…

• Kent Kearney
    January 1, 2017 at 11:34 pm

With this build do you get the permanent soul puppet

• JD
    January 6, 2017 at 8:48 pm

No, you need to feat down the damnation tree to the end for perm soul puppet.

• January 11, 2017 at 6:00 am

In a single target fight where you need to stay at max range (blue dragon for example), would you then run Killing Flames, PoP and switch arms for Dreadtheft? Or is there better options amongst the encounters?

I’m only 2.7k gs but enjoying this build immensely… I play it pretty much as a melee bomber class (when I can)

January 21, 2017 at 7:44 am

This build is now updated for 10.5 – I don’t run Arms or Dread very much at all

• Uncle Walrus
        February 19, 2017 at 11:52 am

Why would you recommend Fiery Bolt over Dreatheft, besides it being somewhat fiddly to aim? I’ve had very good experiences with Dreadtheft+Tyrannical, admittedly in older modules.

January 19, 2017 at 5:36 pm

Hey Garl!
    Any changes on build due to mod 10.5?

• JD
    January 19, 2017 at 7:10 pm

So, how are fellow SW’s making out with the new change to TC. Ive lost about 15% dps overall, not too bad in my estimation. Think ill stay HB unless some super dps soul build is achieved.
    Ps4: Just A Touch Of DPS@jdshoneybrown7

• January 21, 2017 at 6:05 pm

Thanks for the guide! Can you talk about stats in general? I’m newly 70 and have no idea what stats I should be looking for on gear or to what levels.

Thanks!

January 28, 2017 at 3:37 am

CHA/CON is the main stat you need to increase. As far as gear goes. 60% ArmorPen (6k) – As close as to 100% Crit Chance you can get.. Then start stacking Power after that

• Jipoux
    January 22, 2017 at 7:46 pm

Hi nice build, dark revelry bufff your mates ? Why pillar is not better ? Ty for reponse

January 28, 2017 at 3:39 am

DR buffs your group and your companion which in turn if you have bonding stones gives it back to you. You also use Pillar of Power yes. Power of the Nine is ok.. but you will get more out of DR.

January 23, 2017 at 7:31 pm

Hey Garl!!
    Just watched ur first Vlog … LOL … Great BEARD!

I have a doubt about refining Artifacts…

What will happen If a throw a Mythic artifact INSIDE a Green LVL1 one? The result will be a mythical one considering were currently OUT of 2x refining period?

The result will be a Mythical one when in 2x refining? Can I do it now?

• JD
      January 23, 2017 at 8:13 pm

According to artifact refining points, your gonna need 10.5 million to reach mythic. So when you put the feeder into your main, if the points dont equal 7 million (youll also need it to crit) or the total amount of 10.4, id wait for 2x refine event.

• Profile photo of Bleze
    January 24, 2017 at 11:27 am

Hi Garl, two questions:

1. Why you’re using murderous flames instead of brutal curse? Murderous flames is imho not that nice to compete with BC?

2. Would Vorpal not be better because it’s affect hellish rebuke and dailys?

January 28, 2017 at 3:42 am

KF/MF is still pretty broke. It’s doing pretty high damage. BC is “ok” but the 10% extra on top of Curse’s 20% isn’t really that noticeable compared to MF. Some warlocks are skipping MF and taking Brutal.. However, I out DPS them.. so.. choice is yours I guess =) I also switched to the Vorpal for At-will spam and Brood of Hadar spam

• Profile photo of KAdamsy1
    January 26, 2017 at 8:49 am

do you still have your mod 10 build somewhere?

January 27, 2017 at 7:57 pm

Garl!!!! Garl!!!! Garl!!!

Please!

I NEED yout Cleric Build … not items itself, but Feats, Boons and Powers …

P P P P LEASE !

January 28, 2017 at 3:44 am

My cleric build isn’t anything special.. almost 95% of all clerics builds are the same for the buff/debuff. I’m sure you could look at any recent cleric guide on here and find the same exact one I’m using. But never the less.. I will post a video about mine eventually… Just have a lot on the plate right now.

January 30, 2017 at 4:39 pm

Please. Consider the possibility.
        Your videos and guides are very accessible and detailed, and reliable … As you know I have a SW as my main and ALSO just reached 70 with my DC…
        Sorry, english is not my native language.

Waiting for your DC build 🙂

• January 28, 2017 at 8:31 pm

My scourge warlock is at almost 2600 gear score and I’m running furry soulbinder and would love to try your build, would I have a problem staying alive with this build? Or is the survivability comparable?

• Zulix
    January 31, 2017 at 2:34 pm

wicht enconters do you use for single target? I use PoP KF shold i use AH instead of FB?

• Naulty
    February 2, 2017 at 3:14 am

I’ve tested fiery bolt and arms of hadar to see which produced the best numbers during regular demogorgon. Grant it I’m only ilvl 2700; I found that arms of hadar produces more damage than fb. Why did you drop arms from your rotation Garl?

• JD
      February 4, 2017 at 6:36 pm

Its my guess and garl will correct me if im wrong but using pop, kf and fb will still net you a substantial amount of dps. Its what i like to call my “lazy” rotation. But yes, if you dont mind switching powers based on adds vs single targets, then pop/fb/ah is still top dps rot for mobs imo.

February 12, 2017 at 12:17 am

AH is ok.. but I do way more DPS with FB. FB appears to do a lot more damage than it’s suppose to =) You can use AH if ya want.. but I haven’t used it in some time.

• Danks
    February 3, 2017 at 11:48 pm

I use your build. Just updated to 10.5. I’m a 3220 gs on PS4. I went through cn with a 3027 sw who did 50% damage more than me and I can’t figure out why. My bindings were higher than his. I have the right companions active. I may lack in the mount department but I still have a 2000 crit mount. His guild is in my alliance. They don’t have power boons. So what the heck am I doing wrong. In cn he got about 100k to my 70k

• MasterOGA
    February 7, 2017 at 4:04 pm

Flames of Empowerment on the offhand is broken….has been for a very long time. You can test it yourself against dummies with a doohicky…just be sure to eliminate all other variables when testing things

February 12, 2017 at 12:19 am

Yea, I know it’s been broken for a very long time. I just forgot to actually add that in the guide. It “would” be BiS if it worked. However, ACC on offhand is the way to go atm.

February 7, 2017 at 5:39 pm

Heres the ultimate doubt: DREAD OR VORPAL ?????????????????????

February 7, 2017 at 5:42 pm

Each day I use more Hellish rebuke, and, since the cd of fiery bolt + killing flames is A LOT longer than AoH + (any), u actually cast less heroics than ever…

• JD
      February 7, 2017 at 6:45 pm

I do more dps with my dread then vorpal but my vorp is only pure, ive been told once the vorpal is trans its on par with dread….can anyone else comment on vor vs dread experience?

February 12, 2017 at 12:20 am

It honestly doesn’t matter. Dread will yield higher DPS with Killing Flames / FB Spam… But Vorpal will yield higher DPS when spamming HB and Brood.. it all amounts to the same in the end honestly. I’ve played with both. Currently just stuck the Dread in there at the end because KF is bae.

• Cedex
    February 9, 2017 at 2:05 am

Which stats i should build first? Crit and arm pen and later power?

• tom
    February 9, 2017 at 12:42 pm

Crit sev cap where the did u get that from?

February 12, 2017 at 12:22 am

Secret l33t insider info.. Although, I don’t know if it still remains today.. this was back in Mod 8 when I found out.. who knows if they changed anything

• February 11, 2017 at 3:22 am

Does trans vorpal do any more dps over pure vorpal or is it just the 2 present less damage a defensive increase??

February 12, 2017 at 12:23 am

Whatever the highest % is.. I don’t know the numbers off hand.. Trans normally gives me secondary bonus’s

• February 12, 2017 at 2:36 am

It seems like the only difference in stats between the pure vorpal and the trans is that the trans states enemies do 2% less damage to you. Unless I’m reading it wrong this should have no affect on dps just survivability. I’m wondering if it’s worth the extra 1.1 mill AD?

• Shivy
    February 12, 2017 at 12:14 am

Dude, very good job compiling this information.
    I am only at level 42 with this biuld and all your information is helping alot.

Much thanks!

• Naulty
    February 17, 2017 at 3:08 am

So I bought rank 12 bonding stones and an owlbear cub and my dps almost tripled. I was previously holding rank 8 bonding stones. At item level 2874 I’m out dps’ing many 3500+ characters using this build. It should be emphasized that bonding stones are invaluable assets to your damage potential. The owlbear begins to shine when you’re using pillar of power. Seeing how the damage from pop never crits you get 50% of your power in damage every second to every target. It’s an incredible and very noticeable transformation. Hopefully it will continue to function that way for a long time, free of nerfs.

• February 17, 2017 at 8:45 am

If that’s the case with the owlbear cub (I’m on PC) is that true for me as well? My companions are the same as Garlaanx other then I have fire arcon instead of owl bear cub. Would it be worth it dps wise to switch for the owlbear?

February 19, 2017 at 4:10 am

Owlbear is 100% needed. It’s almost a 30%+ DPS increase over all. It’s unmatched in damage. Scrap the Fire Archon and use the Owlbear. I guarantee you will see high end results

• Attilania
    February 17, 2017 at 10:20 am

Hi,

you wrote that you would recommend playing sb damnation below 3k gs. Do you have a damnation build for me?

• Naulty
    February 19, 2017 at 3:27 am

lets say you’re all buffed up around 50k power. An epic quality owlbear cub will give you 50% of your power in damage on a non crit. Since every damage per second done by PoP is non crit that’s an extra 25,000 damage per second to every target. I’ve had mine hit for up to 33,000 damage per sec and Garl has probably seen even more. I’d say based on that alone it’s worth it.

• February 19, 2017 at 3:54 am

Thanks Naulty I’ve gone and bought the owlbear cub, my gear score is 2800 with lv 10 bonding runstones and i noticed a 11mill increase doing throne of the dwarven gods! I went from doing 29 mill damage to 40 mill just swapping out my epic fire arcon for an epic owlbear cub.. (using my con artist as summoned still) only cost me 1.1 mill AD

• Naulty
    February 20, 2017 at 2:55 am

Are there any other owlbear-like changes to our dps that we should know about?

February 20, 2017 at 6:40 pm

Garl! Owlbear is REALLY REALLY needed! Even if u have 100% crit???

February 25, 2017 at 1:55 am

Yes, the Owlbear is a MUST have.. it doesn’t matter what your crit chance is. The owlbear’s sole purpose is for PoP… if PoP ever changes down the road, then the owlbear will be useless.. But until then. It’s a must use combo. Owlbear + PoP = mass damage.

• February 21, 2017 at 1:07 am

Does accursed souls do more AOE damage then brood of Hadar with trash mobs? (Lesser curse) Or is brood overall a better choice? I always thought brood was more of a single target daily.

February 25, 2017 at 1:57 am

I’ve never played around with Accursed Souls.. it’s more used for Damnation.. it has lifesteal to it. Brood actually has a nice AoE damage radius.. I sometimes even use it in MSVA.. but 90% of the time you should be using TT for AoE mob clears

• Naulty
    February 21, 2017 at 3:53 am

I’m about to drop some stink on either perfect vorpal or perfect dread but first I need to know which is better. Have those undergone testing yet?

February 23, 2017 at 1:52 pm

Go Dread. Tested, asked, retested… Go Dread.

• JD
      February 23, 2017 at 3:19 pm

Ran multiple nsva’s used my pure vorpal and my trans dread, did more dps with vorpal. Just my 2 cents 🙂 fyi, ran same rot for both only diff was weap ench.

February 23, 2017 at 6:09 pm

omg… Now I AM confused….

• JD
          February 23, 2017 at 6:58 pm

Honestly you cant go wtong eithet way but ive always done more dps with my dread. Its only yesterday that i went back to my vorpal on another sw’s request, so i was suprised by the out come. I plan on running more tests like in cn, elol and etos so if you dont mind waiting i can pass the info on to you b4 you commit. Its possible they fixed something cuz the vorpal for me always fell short on dps, but ill have a bigger sample in the next few days. Any other sw perspectives are welcome on this matter.

February 24, 2017 at 7:55 pm

Thanks! Let me know the results!

February 25, 2017 at 1:59 am

Either works just fine.. they are pretty much on par. You will do more damage with Hellish Rebuke / Brood of Hadar while using the Vorpal… but you will do more damage using Fiery Bolt / Killing Flames with the Dread.. it all even outs in the end… Now mod 11 will be a bit different.. we will wait and see what’s best then.

• Caio
    February 21, 2017 at 4:58 pm

Garlaanx, good afternoon,

I’m new at this game, so I’m trying to learn all about this class. I will try to use this build. Does it still viable? Can you tell me the initial stats? 18 CON and 18 CHA? I don’t know the maximum of each stats.

February 25, 2017 at 2:01 am

Yes, this build is still viable on console… should be on PC as well for the most part. PC just got Mod 11.. so might be slight differences but the build itself is pretty solid.

• roadking12
    February 22, 2017 at 8:24 pm

Garl,
    Thanks for the build. Love it! Just wondering if you would post screenshots of your character stats. This would be helpful in selecting the proper placement of enchantments and artifact levelling to those of us who are still striving to reach end game iL. Thanks in advance.

February 25, 2017 at 2:02 am

My stats are irreverent to your stats. Every Warlock is different. I’m stacking Recovery atm =) – You need to get 60% ArmorPen / 100% Crit / Then Stack Power… However you get to those stats is up to you =)

• February 24, 2017 at 1:17 am

If I can’t afford the orcus 3 piece set is the lostmouth set still a viable second choice if not what would you recommend?

• February 24, 2017 at 2:34 am

Or would going with a mix match set for pure stat like tiamats orb with greater bealt of black ice and something else, and forget about the set bonus untill able to get orcus set?

February 25, 2017 at 2:03 am

Set Bonus doesn’t matter until you get full Orcus. Black Ice Belt + Ap Gain necklace and whatever artifact you need for whatever stats you need.

• roadking12
    February 24, 2017 at 8:24 pm

Garlaanx,
    Please help…..I’ve watched your youtube vids several times on ability rotation….1.curse 2.POP 3. HRx3 4.this is where I’m lost.. FB or KF ?? 6. TC..7. At wills…..repeat when reset…
    I just want to make sure I’m receiving full benefits from all abilities and setups for the big crit….

Thanks in advance – PootieTang@roadking12 XBox One

February 25, 2017 at 2:06 am

It depends what you are doing…

Trash mobs = Cast TT -> Rush In -> Cast PoP on the Mobs Area -> Fiery Bolt -> KF -> If Things aren’t dead, spam HB
      Boss mobs = PoP at Boss -> Brood of Hadar -> Curse -> HB x3 -> KF -> FB or Grasp — If using Grasp remember to reapply curse right after.. rinse n repeat.