Finn’s AA Buff Cleric(AC) MOD10/10.5
At this point, pure healing has now become a thing of the past. This build focuses both on Power(PWR) and Action Point Gain(APG), as you strive for 100% uptime on AA(Annointed Army). From here on out, I will be going into detail about this build and how it can be tweaked to fit your current gear and path. There is no singular way to play this build and the only constants are your most efficient Feats and Powers, along with the few ways of accumulating APG. What makes this build special is the amount of Power it allows you to share between your crew while allowing your team to be immune to pretty much any sort of high Spike DMG, not to mention to fact you give your team 1-3 extra rotations per small skirmish. Sounds good? F*ck yes it does.
VIDEO OF THE WEEK
AA CLERIC// LAIR OF LOSTMAUTH // FULL RUN
IMPORTANT ITEMS FOR SALE IN AUCTION HOUSE
Right now, until further noticed, there are some very important items to be achieved either from buying them in the Auction House, or grinding them out from the Winter Festival Event going on right now.
- Ice Sprite and Flame Sprite; Easily obtains through grinding
- Embellished Apparatus of Gond; Mount power is 15% AP per Daily use. Very, Very much worth the grind or price.
- Remorhaz Bundle or Companion; Great for farming Voninblood, coupled with Masters Trowel. Bundle comes with a Frostburn piece which adds for a chance at an additional Relic.
UPCOMING CHANGES AND UPDATES
I HAVE CURRENTLY DECIDED TO TAKE A SMALL HIATUS FROM NEVERWINTER. I WILL CONTINUE TO PLAY AND DONATE TO MY GUILD BUT I PLAN TO TAKE SOME TIME OFF FROM THIS GAME TO ENJOY SOME OTHER THINGS FOR AWHILE. I WILL PICK UP WHERE I LEFT OFF WHEN THE TIME COMES. THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT. I WILL RETURN IN THE COMING WEEKS
I have some pretty interesting things coming here in the near future. Here’s a short list of what to expect soon.
- New Video Guides including Individual Dungeon/Boss guides to go with the write ins.
- Introduction to the Cleric Class; A small video highlighting the basic functions and mechanics of the Cleric. I think a huge problem for players is the lack of info when starting the cleric. It can feel intimating and confusing at times, hopefully this video will clear it all up and give players a new venue to explore the class with.
- Action Point Gain and the Many Ways to Obtain It; This video will explore all the routes, free, cheap and expensive…in your journey for full AA uptime.
- Exaltation, A Solo Experiment; Here I will be going into little more detail about a certain skill that I feel is way overlooked by the masses.
- Recovery: When Its Useful; Couple minutes exploring the difference in the AA build with minimal Recovery vs High Recovery. Spoiler! Its not much, lol
The reason this build is aimed primarily at a higher iL Cleric, is due to how drastically the game changes during that time. You go from almost requiring a Tank and a Healer, to being fine with either of the two if any of the two, honestly. Pure healers, imo, become extinct at a certain point. Its better your efforts are dumped into DPS, rather than the healing. Another great thing about this build is that it allows certain classes with unreasonably long Cooldowns on certain skills to be looked at again under a different microscope. Certain builds that took a rather large amount of Recovery, can now be re-routed to be more effective in other ways. I cant tell you how many friends requests I get a day from just running with a new group or with pugs. Its like they have never seen anything like it.
Here are some tips that will help you and your party be more efficient and effective than ever before.
- Stick to a tight formation. The tighter the group, the stronger your APG. Even Ranged DPS need to be right next to you and the tank. The more enemies and the more party members you hit with your Chains/DG, the better.
- AA Grants 4 Hits of Immunity, so standing in Lava or standing in the way of a spinning Drake can end up bad due to how fast the damage stacks from those sources.
- Use Divine Glow outside of combat to refill your AP Gauge as well as your groups.
- Recovery is only important if you decide not to use Hastening Light. Most late end game builds dont require the recharge speed that is typical in using Recovery as a primary or secondary.
- Searing Light can replace Chains if you want or need to lose the APG. Its IMO one of the better heals in the game for us.
- Action Point Gain Cap is around 2k for me. At that point, I start to see diminishing returns(10%). I have heard from other sources stating it was lower, around 1.2k but my APG% was only around 6% at 1.2. So just keep an eye on yours and make sure you are not seeing those diminishing returns.
- Buffing Pets is at times, just as important as buffing the player. Always be aware of pet positions and try to catch them in your AA at all times. AA does wondrous things to your PWR as well as your companions PWR.
I don’t believe there is a specific race to pick that is going to grant you some big jump above the rest. I went with Human, and the 3 extra feat points were nice, but it does not make or break this build. Dragonborn is fine, but so are Sun Elf for the CHA and INT. Go with what you want to be looking at for the next few months.
- Wisdom: Damage and Healing
- Strength: Crit Chance (DoTs and HoTs can crit) Becomes more important at around 3k iL. Stamina Gain and Crit is nice.
- Charisma: Recharge, APG, Companion Stat Bonus
- Intelligence: Recharge Speed (Can be important if you dont run Hastening Light, but becomes irrelevant/overkill past 3kiL imo)
Roll High WIS and CHA. INT can help with recharge speed and STR can get you more Crit. Crit will come in handy more times than you can count. I have seen some pretty nasty Crit HoTs that saved many, many pug lives.
As it is, at around 3.5k iL you can make the switch from Charisma to Strength if you feel like you have plenty of APG. The added Crit is underrated and the stamina gain is nic to have in a pinch.
Anointed Champion is the Only Way.
With Bear Your Sins bugged, you need to simply decide if you want to grant more ArPn or just have 10% more damage for yourself. I feel like my damage is fine so I choose to run with extra ArPn, as I still involve myself with pug groups to test new things. It certainly comes in handy still.
- Healing Action 5/5 – Great APG on Healing Skills like Divine Glow. Works great with other Healing Skills, too.
- Greater Fortune 3/3 – More WIS is never a bad thing.
- Toughness 3/3 – Toss in some Extra HP.
- Weapon Mastery 3/3 – Crit is essential to making your heals even more viable than before. DoTs and HoTs CAN CRIT.
- Repurpose Soul 3/3 – Good Synergy between Crit and Heals here. Every Crit tosses a small heal on nearby groupies.
- Cleanse 1/3 – 10% Chance to remove Debuff from you or party member with each heal. Great with HoTs
- Bountiful Fortune 5/5 – More Divinity is ALWAYS a great. This will allow you to stack more than 1 Stack of Divinity on occasion.
- Domain Synergy can be more meaningful at a lower iL where Recovery seems scarce.
- Have Faith 5/5 – Added in DMG Resistance. Works great with Divine Glow.
- Battle Fervor 5/5 – Synergizes great with Weapons Of Light. 25% PWR distribution in Total.
- Gift of Haste 5/5 – Real Butter. Like Have Faith, works amazing with Divine Glow. Can gain Action Points outside of combat, which allows you to have your AA up for the start of each new fight.
- Furious Intervention 5/5 – More Butter. More APG for doing damage. Works great with Chains.
- Ancient Warding 5/5 – Buffs duration of AA. APG part of feat is bugged.
- Weapons of Light 5/5 – Shares your PWR. 25% PWR Distro in total.
- Bear Your Sins 5/5 –
Debuffs enemies to take extra damage while under the effect of your DoTs. Works great with Fire of The Gods feat.***BUGGED***Grants ArmorPen instead of +DMG
- Condemning Gaze 4/5 – Allows you to stack another debuff to an enemy to allow more damage to be dealt. Easily stacked with Divine Glow and Chains.
- Fire of the Gods 1/5 – Lets your Critical hits to apply a DoT. Easy to apply to large groups with Chains and Divine Glow.
- Avatar of the Divine – DMG Buff and Cooldown Reduction buff. What more would you want?
- Astral Fury – If BYS is indeed bugged, then Fury is a nice reroute. I still prefer more ArmorPen as I play withs pugs to test things out.
FREQUENTLY USED SKILLS
Chains of Blazing Light: To be used in and out of Divinity. Does great AoE damage and has a short stun for minimal Crowd Control. Your main APG encounter.
Divine Glow: AoE Damage/Debuff/Buff/Heal. BiS. Will heal, increase damage resistance and will get an extra damage boost in Divinity mode. If empowered, it will increase radius of buff and duration.
Break the Spirit: Single Target. Applies DoT(will proc Bear Your Sins) and will debuff enemy targets damage by 20%. Can stun in Divinity, and will boost nearby allies damage by 30% if fully empowered.
- Blessing of Battle: The At-Will which will share a chunk of your PWR. Be sure to use right after AA to big the boost of PWR Sharing.
- Astral Seal: Debuff that allows players to get partial heals from damage done
- Anointed Army: The skill this build is built around. Huge PWR buff along with immunity to damage. Hastening Light makes this even better. Ever seen an entire party just sit in red AoE Dots and continue to deal damage without being Controlled, Stunned or Knocked-back? Well, get used to it.
OTHER SKILL CHOICES
Sun Burst: Should be used primarily as in Divinity mode due to its knockback ability.(Can be beneficial in Tiamat runs) Applies a DoT and HoT effect that can stack up to three times. (*NOTE: Great for stacking Bear your Sins on groups of enemies, as well as keeping your nearby allies topped off. Also, can be affected by the feat, Invigorated Healing) Medium APG
Searing Light: Practically useless at lower levels, but once you get enough damage output, it can actually keep your melee buddies topped off quite easily on top of doing some decent damage. To be used primarily in Divinity mode. Medium APG
Just want to mention how good SL can be. If you struggle to keep parties topped off but dont like using Bastion, take a look at SL. Its very effective at what it does.
Daunting Light: Big Damage Dealer. Best when used after a skill like Chains so you have a second where the enemy is stunned and cannot move. The AoE of this skill is small and can be hard to get used to it. It has a larger AoE in Divinity mode and can boost DMG to +99% if used when empowered. (*NOTE: Great Skill to pick when solo’ing maps like Shanandar or Dread)
Bastion of Health: Bread and Butter AoE Heal. Applies a large heal and HoT. Has a cast time so is best used in Divinity mode where its now Instant. If Empowered, heal allies 30% of missing HP. (*NOTE: For those lower iL pug groups)
Astral Shield: Large AoE Buff. Grants a large damage reduction buff and Temp HP. If cast when empowered, allies will have 9% HP damage absorption from attacks. Again, great skill to use on those low iL pug groups or when taking a low iL tank through some harder content. Dont underestimate this skill.
- Forgemaster’s Flame: Exaltation and are both solid choices for a ByS replacement if you find yourself running with another DC.
- Divine Fortune: More Divinity is always good. If you feel your APG is doing good, then go with this.
- Holy Fervor: 20% APG. Most likely your best bet.
- Hastening Light: Reduces party Cooldowns by 4 seconds with every Daily used. BiS.
- At Wills: Astral Seal & Blessing of Battle
- Encounters: Divine Glow + Break the Spirit + Chains(Used for APG. (Quickest Divinityy Skill Used)
- Daily: Annointed Army + ———–(You can pick any other daily. I would suggest something besides HG. If you mistakenly use HG you will be required to wait until you can gain AP again. Thats a bad thing, hahaha.
You should be full on Divinity for each small skirmish you come across. Now, you typically never want to go fully empowered until you come across a Boss or the larger HP Pool Mobs.
My Small Mob Skirmish Rotation
- DG/Chains from afar + Slide into position(For recov/PWR buff) + AA + Blessing
- dChains x1 or 2(depends on mobs) + BtS, Blessing, DG/Chains
Rinse and Repeat
My Boss Battle Rotation
- DG/Chains from afar + Slide into postion
- AA + Blessing, x2 dChains +BtS
- Bless + DGChains + AA/Blessing
After this, its a game of Divinity. Use Blessings and Astral Seal to get your Divinity up, but be sure to use DG+Chains to fill your AP Gauge. By the time your AA is up, you should have a new one coming in. At times, you can almost stack the beggining and end of some buffs.
ACTION POINT GAIN TIPS AND TRICKS
Free Action Point Gain HELP: Currency is Time
Notable Boons that can help increase APG
- Elvish Haste- 3% APG; Sharandar
- Rapid Thaw – Recovery; IWD
- Demonic Swiftness – 3% APG; Maze Engine
Sigil acquired from Vault of the Nine Quest
- Sigil of the Devoted – At a lower iL, it can really help out during those longer boss fights. Not only that, when you do achieve a certain amount of APG, this Sigil will allow for you to stack Annointed Army with Hallowed Ground, at the same time!
- INTELLIGENCE AND CHARISMA; Both help with recharge speed/APG. Once you get enough APG, you can make the switch to STR from INT for aded crit chance. I believe after a certain point, recharge speed should take the back seat, to enhance other area’s of the bui;d. In this case, crit chance. This allows for some really nice crit HoTs on a more regular occurance.
- Healing Action; More APG for using Healing spells
- Gift of Haste; 5% APG every time an HoT is applied. Divine Glow, in and out of combat will proc this buff and imo, is pure bread and butter of this build. This should be used at any point in time where you dont have your AP gauge filled.
- Bountiful Fortune; Helps build Divinity which in turn, mostly during lower iL, help maintain your APG.
- Holy Fervor; Increase in APG
- Divine Fortune; Increase in Divinity
- Hastening Light; Drops 4 seconds from cooldowns, which helps with getting those DGs and Chains back.
- Divine Glow; Builds Action Points in and out of combat due to Gift of Haste
- Chains; Your quickest skill in divinity mode that allows for APG.
- Bastion of Health(Healer Build); The more allies that are hit, the better APG. Great for starting out.
- Burning Set Bonus, Chance at APG
- Artifact Stat Increase(APG)
- Insignia; Rare(blue) insignia are pretty cheap so fill up on those as soon as you can(I believe they are the Aggression Insignia)
- Companions; Sprites stack and are multiplicative.
- Quick Action Mount; Mounts like Gond or the Snail are great for APG.
Next up, we’re going to run around and test different buff rotations and I will let you know how you maximize buffs in the short time you have.
GOING OVER SOFT CAP(APG)
So once you do hit soft cap for your APG(10%, after you will see massive diminishing returns) there are still ways to go over that. Lets talk about some of those ways now.
- Corrput Black Ice Overloads; You can use 2 of these at once, to get your an extra 1% APG over soft cap plus the added PWR is always nice. Not to mention they are 8hour buffs instead of the 2hrs ones from White, Red or Green.
- Sprite Companions; As mentioned before, these companions stack and are multiplicative.
- Food Buffs;
- Quick Action/Combustive Mounts
- Dark Fey Hunter
- Fey Precision
- Elven Haste: 3% Action Point Gain
- Elven Ferocity
- Elvish Fury: Stacks Power on enemy kills
- Reliquary Keeper’s Strength
- Illusory Regeneration
- Forbidden Piercing: Resistance ignored while attacking target. Helps with solo play.
- Shadowtouch: Again, for solo play mostly. Adds 20k Necrotic damage to any damage, DoTs apply.
- Burning Guidance: Chance to burn enemies around targeted enemy for 2k damage. For solo play.
- Rampaging Madness: Adds Power, Lifesteal and Regen on each enemy hit. Currently works with power sharing. Team Play MUST HAVE.
- Weathering the Storm: Adds AoE Resist. Survivability in case AA drops while in red.
- Appreciation of Warmth for healing and Refreshing Chill for more stamina
- Rapid Thaw: Recovery
- Cool Resolve: Gain Power while your Stamina is reduced(2000 max)
- Winter’s Bounty: Chance at 10% Action Point Gain on killing an enemy
- Rousing Warmth: Chance when healed to gain 3000 damage on next attack.
- Primordial Might: Power
- Primordial Focus: Crit
- Drow Meditation: Regeneration
- Dwarven Stamina
- Abyssal Strikes: For added dmg to Demons. For solo play
- Dragon’s Claws: Power’
- Dragon’s Gaze: Crit
- Dragon’s Defense for defense and Draconic Armorbreaker for Armor Pen
- Dragon’s Blood: Regeneration
- Dragon’s Fury: For added Crit Severity. Helps with your HoTs
- Dragon’s Revival: Increased healing
- Abyssal Regeneration: Regeneration
- Demonic Resilience for shortened control effects and Demonic Influence for added CA dmg.
- Demonic Swiftness: 3% Action Point Gain
- Engine Inspiration for a chance to heal surrounding allies for 20k
- Baphomet’s Might: Added Crit for 6 seconds on enemy being hit. Good for solo play
*****Boons can be reset with a [Retraining Token]
This comes down to personal preference. Do you want to deal a bit more damage, debuff enemies or heal? Essentially, as long as you have a fast attacking companion, you’re doing good. The quicker your companion can stack your INSIGNIA BUFFS, the better
- [Bear Cub] – On DMG Taken, you may receive a Life Steal Chance/Severity Buff
- [Elemental Air Cultist] – Can reduce targets DMG while you are under HP Restraints
- [Flame Sprite] (EVENT)
- [Wild Hunt Rider] – Can have Increased Threat as well as Buffing your DMG output on chance.
- [Con Artist] – Great little companion here. His debuff stacks with other Con Artists, so a group of these can do some pretty cool things to bosses. -DEF% Debuff (Emporium Vendor )
- [Sellsword] – Similar to Con Artist. -DEF% Debuff. Sold at Emporium Vendor
[Young Yeti]– Bugged: Does not grant +DMG
- [Astral Deva] – Healer Pet. Not much else needed to say.
- [Dancing Blade] – Grants Combat Advantage easily and gives Crit Severity Buff to you
- [Ioun Stone of Allure]
- [Siege Master]
- [Air Archon]
- [Man at Arms] – Tank Companion. Can generate Extra Threat easily. Very similar to the [Shieldmaiden] too. Both are bought in AH or Emporium Vendor
- [Mercenary] Obtained in the Heirloom Pack rom the PSN Store. Attacks quickly to stack Bonding and can be rewarded to every character on your account, not just one.
- [Erinyes of Belial] – Critical Severity Buff and Grants Temp HP
ACTION POINT GAIN COMPANIONS
Action Point Gain companions are multiplicative, not additive. So you actually get a slight edge when using them.
*Also, Dancing Blade and others can increase Crit Sev. and can, therefore, increase Crit Heals
There really are tons of note-worthy Companions. Any companion with PWR is also a good pick. I personally use the Merc as my main Companion, and use others with PWR. Nothing special going on for me here, yet. Just remember, the higher your PWR, the better your AA.
COMPANION RING OPTIONS
- Rising Power
- Rising Precision: More for getting those crit HoTs and putting a bit more dps out while solo
- Rosegold(Power/Recovery) If you struggle to keep your companions alive, these are going to be more appealing. I suggest working on companion awareness as its always a good thing to know where they are and if they are getting buffed as well.
- Drow: Same thing for rosegold expect these are a cheapear route
- Guild Stronghold Rings
EDIT: I will be updating this section soon by categorizing Companions under their rightful niche. I will also try and update with locations and links to other useful information on them. Keep an eye out!
MOUNTS + INSIGNIA BONUSES
As this build focuses on PWR and the sharing of said PWR, I would suggest going Drake for 2k PWR boost.
- Protector’s Friendship
- Protector’s Camaraderie
- Alchemist’s Invigoration
- Artificer’s Persuasion
- Assassin’s Covenant
- Cavalry’s Warning
- Shepherd’s Devotion
- Artificer’s Influence
*WANRNING: Protector’s Friendship and Camaraderie might not PWR Share with WoL. It’s said that Assassins Covenant still does. Im not 100% sure, so im keeping things the way they are until I can further test this. Also, I should mention that stacking Protector’s Friendship and Camaraderie has diminishing returns, but they do stack. Imo, its just not worth it.
- As for actual Insignia, you will want Action Points. Insignia of Aggression or Dominance if you can manage those. But you really want APG in all the places you can manage it. Its easier to maintain PWR with other sources.
As for Actual Mounts, for Drake for PWR. If you have the means and the cash, Gorgon grants APG on each Daily use, so its BiS. As is the Flail Snail, but im not sure its on PS4 just yet.
- [Embellished Apparatus of Gond]
- [Apparatus of Gond]
- [Apparatus of Kwalish]
- [Flail Snail (Legacy)] BEST
- [Guard Drake]
ARMOR & WEAPONS
- Dusk Set: Purchased with Trade Bars(http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Collection/Underdark)
- Warborn Set: Mod 10 Trade Bar PvP Set
- Frostborn Set: Mod 10 Trade Bar PvE Set
- Drowcraft Set: Can be found in the vendor area in Mantol-Derith(http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Drowcraft_Armor)
- Dragonflight Set: Found in a Guild Stronghold(http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Collection/Strongholds)
- Personally, I still run mostly Dusk for the 1k+ PWR while in a party. Warborn Chest can roll with PWR as well. Dragonflight has higher stat rolls and is higher iL than the rest. It also has a flat 500 PWR Boost.
- [Burning Holy Symbol]: Obtained by doing the Weapons of Fire quest. Heroic Encounters in the Feiry Pit
- [Twisted Omoioma]: Obtained by doing eDEMO, from Twisted Ichor. Can be bought in Mantol.
I will be updating this soon with info on the Lighttenders Set, both Raid and Restoration. They are alot of work and I dont blame anyone for not wanting to spend to time farming the vblood. I for one, will not be. But I will update this section within the coming week. Thanks!
RINGS & ARTIFACT SET
You want more PWR at ALL times, but there are a few other rings that can take the place of one until you can manage a Brutality or RP.
- [Ring of Brutality +3] or Higher
- [Ring of Rising Focus +3] or Higher
- [Ring of Rising Power +3] or Higher
- [Ring of Rising Precision +3] or Higher
- [Ring of Sudden Precision +3] or Higher
Artifact Set doesnt really matter. If you want more healing, you can go Tiamat, or you can simply go with whatever stats you need. Recovery or Crit. Also, if you cant find yourself either of the rings, use any old ring you can find that gives the highest PWR. Drowcraft, Guild Hall, Elven.
Right now I am using a mix of artifact equipment. Tiamat’s Sash for WIS/CHA plus your power, crit and recovery with an Imp Dragon cloak for more of the same.
As for your Artifact Power, [Thayan Book of the Dead] and [Tiamat’s Orb of Majesty] can grant APG, so besides those BiS Artifacts, just go with ones that have PWR as one of the main stats. Here are a few that will grant PWR as one of the main stats;
- [Kessell’s Spheres of Annihilation]
- [Shard of Orcus’ Wand]
- [Wheel of Elements]
- [Lostmauth’s Horn of Blasting]
- [Belial’s Portal Stone]
- [Shard of Valindra’s Crown]
Also, the Vault of Nine Class Sigils
- [Sigil of the Oathbound Paladin]
- [Sigil of the Scourge]
- [Sigil of the Hunter]
- [Sigil of the Great Weapon]
- [Sigil of the Devoted]
*NOTEABLE ARTIFACT I PERSONALLY CHOOSE TO USE WITH THIS BUILD, INSTEAD OF SIGIL OF DEVOTED
[Lantern of Revelation] – The 16% DMG Buff is AMAZING. The Devoted Sigil is nice if you cant manage the APG, but after about 800 APG, the sigil becomes fairly backseat.
You will mostly want Radiant Enchantments for the PWR/DEF. You can also go with Brutal for a mix of both PWR and CRIT.
You can use enchantments to even out your stats. If you need a certain stat, then go for that. Besides that, much like your Armor Kits, you want more PWR.
Noteworthy Weapon Enchantments
Noteworthy Armor Enchantments
Transcendent Enchantments can be a different story, so I wanted to give a litte more about a few great enchantments to take all the way.
IMO, the best enchant to take to rank 12 is Bronzewood. Now, the biggest problem for most people, and even myself, is the fact that most great Trans Enchants are pretty much useless up until you get them to 12. Plague Fire is also great, and for stuff like PvP, Frost. Dread is an all around good pick to use all the way through to rank 12, the problem being the expensive rate of them.
PERSONAL STAT AND GEAR CALL
Official Forum Thread: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1225639/aa-buff-cleric-guide-mod-10
EDIT: I will be updating this post with my personal stats and gear so you can reference and relate, along with links to my youtube with video’s showing off the build. Keep an eye out.
WHEN IN A PARTY WITH MORE THAN ONE CLERIC TIPS
- Communicate is key. Find out which skills they are using, and try not to use the same ones.
- BtS does not stack, so be sure to run Forgemasters instead.
- Hallowed Ground is great, but most people still want quicker cooldowns. On bosses, if you are asked to use HG, use it after your first initial AA. If you have a Quick Action mount, plus Burning Set, you can get back your daily way before AA end and are able to drop HG with your increased stats.
- Searing Light, as mentions further up, is a great way to still add some of your own damage, while keeping the party topped off. Its a good sub to use rather than Chains.
Lair of Lostmauth Tips and Tricks
- Trash mobs are mostly your typical Cultists. The ones you need to be wary about are the Sniper/Hunters and the dragons. Besides that, they are mostly all easy going. You have your high HP trash mobs too, but they have slow AoE attacks that can usually be dodged for absorbed by AA.
- Scorpions(2nd boss) AoE Indicators are easy to read. The small circles are nothing to worry about. They are your typical cave spike you see falling from the ceiling throughout the dungeon. You will most likely have AA up at all times to catch the damage of these, so try and keep your group in a small tight group and tell them not to move unless they see a similar but larger circle appear underneath them, which is something you need to move as soon as possible from. These Lava spots arere hard hitting spike damage that will literally melt your AA buff so get out of them as soon as you can, and remind your party if you are in pug groups. The cone AoE the scorpions throw out can also be easily tanked by anyone under AA, much like the ceiling spikes.
- Veshal(first boss) is really rather easy, with any build. The first person to get his aggro will get pounced out and if its not the tank, and they dont move from the area, they are likely dead. Stick with the tank, get in a tight group and just put down the DPS. Once the two bosses split up, watch out for the Dragons Tail Spin AoE which does quick, DoT like, high spike damage. It can kill you and your team fast, so try and have AA up for casting, along with a DG/Seal. Besides that, this fight is simple and probably over before you know it.
- Lostmauth(final boss) is easy to read. Aside from your ceiling spikes, the only big things you need to really worry about are his tail swipes that can knock you backwards into lava or his cone AoE, much like the scorpions cone, instead this one has a hard hitting DoT like damage that can remove AA rather fast. Not as fast as lava, so you can tank it a bit, but get out after your animation is done.
Also, in the transition phase, or when lostmauth flies up into the air..if an ally is killed and knocked into the lava, you can cast AA and run out and get him, toss a DG down and slide back before AA is removed. If you APG is good, you can easily have AA back up before the start of phase 2.
So long story short, just keep your group together and spam AA, just like all battles, and you are fine. Move out of the way of lava spots, but besides that, enjoy the melt.
Shores of Tuern Tips and Tricks
- Trash mobs here are some of the same old cultist we dealt with in Lostmauth. Archer/Snipers and Dragons are to be taken with caution, otherwise, slow AoEs from the big guys should make it easy going.
- Garakas is the only boss in this small skirmish. Hes pretty simple but things can get rough if your team splits up. Its never easy trying to slide around keeping everyone topped off. Tell your non-melee DPS to stick close to you, that way you only need to worry about your own placement, which should always be about 5-10 yards from the boss. He has a rather vicious skill, Cleave, that can basically 1 hit most people if you dont have Astral Shield, Exaltation or AA up. Try and keep AA up and just put the hurting to the boss.
Also, tell your team not to worry about the dragons, and let your AoE DPS take care of them while your tank Aggro’s the boss+dragons. If you are having trouble with this, or your tank is, switch out to Astral Shield for even further DMG Resistance.
- Blacklake District and Neverdeath Graveng yard give small bags(Inventory Space) for completing the area’s.
- Always check the Wonderous Bazzar before buying in the Auction House(AH), some items can be found cheaper in there.
- Save all Wards you find for when you are lv70+
- Info about Guilds/Strongholds https://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/3r25co/strongholds_survival_guide_for_xbox/
- At lv26 you can start the Tyranny of Dragons Campaign and other campaigns start at 60 or higher.
- Try and do Vault of the Nine asap. It grants a really nice Sigil that is basically an Artifact that cant be feed into another(Artifact Feeding will be gone over in another FAQ)
- In each Campaign area, please look at quest rewards first. Every single day, do your reputation. But most places like Sharandar can be picked up every day and completeled twice a week to cut down on time spent.
- You can buy the first two Sharandar Boons with Formarian Concoction(trade them for currancy)
- Every week you will have quests in each area that grant Rough Astral Diamons and a chunk of Campaign Currency. DO THESE NO MATTER WHAT! I will be updating this section with a list of all quests in each area once I get a few other FAQS done first. Keep a look out!
- http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Neverwinter_Wiki – For all the Great links and info that has helped me in the past.
- http://nwcalc.com –
Skill Calc. For all the countless hours at work spend staring at skils and skill descriptions.
- https://two30.github.io/neverwinter-insignia/ – Making it easier to figure out which mounts to go for