Garl’s Warlock Hellbringer Fury PvE Build [Mod 10]

Profile photo of Garlaanx
by Garlaanx on October 31, 2016
Warlock

Garl’s Warlock Hellbringer Fury PvE Build [Mod 10]

Scourge Warlock – Hellbringer Fury PvE Build – Mod 10

Welcome – This is the Mod 10 Updated Build for the Hellbringer Fury Warlock. This build will dish out some hardcore DPS while still being able to take a few hits.  Don’t get me wrong, you will still be a glass cannon, but the new mechanics of Pillar of Power does provide us some mitigation. This build won’t be for everyone. Your play style will determine if this build is right for you. I will also have a Mod 10 Soulbinder Damnation Build that is more geared toward DPS and Support (Link Here) – Also, if you need to contact me to ask questions or just have general feedback. Please, contact me by either my Youtube channel or Twitter. I try to check the comments here as often as I can.. but those two ways will be the best option at this time.

Race – Tiefling / Dragonborn / Human – All 3 will be viable Races to play. Just remember, if you do choose a Human, you will gain an extra 3 feat points.

Stats – CHA/CON – You want to get high initial rolls in both CHA/CON – Then build full CHA/CON throughout leveling up

Gear – Best in Slot is up for debate currently. You can continue to use your Elemental Dragonflight, Drowcraft/Dusk, or Masterwork in any combination. However, the new Mod 10 Relic Gear will yield the highest item level (150 at tier 3) and highest stats. The problem is the tier system and how it currently works. You have to keep your tier 3 Relic gear empowered for max stats. Each Relic piece will have a 2 hour timer that will deplete every time you enter combat. If you want to keep using the gear, you will have to farm Vonin Blod non-stop. This has made a lot of players angry. The choice will be yours in the long run on what to use.

Weapon / Offhand – This is also going to be up for debate. You can continue to use your Twisted Weapons / Stronghold Weapons. In the mid mod update (Mod 10.5) There is going to be a new set. Most likely the new set will be Best in Slot.. The Offensive Bonus is a 10% Power Gain, and there is also a Defensive Bonus as well that we won’t care about. Once again, the choice will be up to you on what to use.
On your weapon you want to put Hellish Rebuke +12% Damage
On your offhand you want to go with All Consuming Curse for the 5% Crit Severity

Rings – Ring of Rising Precision & Ring of Rising Power +5 would be Best in Slot for the two offensive slots. However, you can use +4 rings just as well.

3 Piece Set – Best in Slot is going to be the Orcus Set. (Neck, Belt, Artifact) DPS increase of over 10% – Don’t worry about the lack of Armor Penetration on the set. You will make it up elsewhere and still should be able to hit the 60% soft cap.

Artifacts – Wheel of the Elements & Sigil of the Devoted in your Active Main Slot. Thayan Book of the Dead and Tiamat’s Orb. If you don’t have access to these, You can always substitute Lantern of Revelations or any other Artifact with Power/Crit/ArmorPen

Enchantments – This is going to be up to you and what your character needs. You need to have 60% Armor Penetration, as close to 100% Crit Chance as you can get.. Then you can stack Power. I personality use all Radiants in Offensive Slots.. and all Darks in Defensive Slots. Power + Lifesteal – You can use all Brutals if you want to split stats between Power/Crit.. but they can be a bit more expensive.

Armor Enchantment – We are going to be using the Transcendent Negation. 30% Damage Resistance, 10% Incoming Healing Bonus (Works with Lifesteal) and 10% Recovery. You can’t go wrong with it. Works wonders for this build. Pure Tankage!

Weapon Enchantment – We are going to be using the Transcendent Vorpal. There is debate that the Dread will out preform the Vorpal. However, for this build, the Dread will be best in slot. I just choose to keep using the Vorpal, rather than flip flopping when I change builds.  Use what you want guys.  The DPS increase from the Dread to Vorpal isn’t a huge deal.  Remember, Crit Severity does actually have a cap.

hbfury-build

Feats
1/5 Energizing Curse
3/3 Weapon Mastery
3/3 Toughness
3/3 Empowered Rituals
5/5 Determined Casting
2/5 Blood Pact
3/3 Devastating Crit
Total 20 Points – If you roll a Human you will gain an extra 3 points that you can either place in Blood Pact to make it 5/5 or place it in Soul Reaping 3/3 if needed. Also, Scornful Curse 3/3 is another great option.

Hellbringer Path
Fury Tree
5/5 Critical Promise
5/5 Gatekeeper’s Empowerment
5/5 Helltouched
5/5 Infernal Wrath
5/5 Executioner’s Gift
5/5 Brutal Curse
1/1 Creeping Death
Damnation Tree
5/5 Relentless Curse
5/5 Power of the Nine Hells
Total 41 Points

Powers
At-Wills – Hellish Rebuke / Hand of Blight (Can Sub Dark Spiral Aura for AP Gain if needed)
Encounters – Arms of Hadar / Pillar of Power / Fiery Bolt or Killing Flames
Personal – Flames of Empowerment / All Consuming Curse
Daily’s – Tyrannical Threat / Gates of Hell / Brood of Hadar
All should be maxed with 4 points in each as soon as possible.
Below will be a Spell Rotation Guide – Or you can click HERE for link.

Companions

Companions
Legendary Pet – 3 different options will be available. If you can’t afford to get the top end of the market stuff. You can go with the Air Archon. If you can afford the top end of the market, then the Fire Archon is also an option. However, my personal opinion is the best companion for any DPS class in the game is the Con Artist. It costs 2 gold, has 2 offensive slots, 1 defensive slot, 3 ring slots.
Rank 12 Bondings Stones – I also chose to go with Sudden Crit, Sudden Brute, and Sudden Lifesteal as my 3 ring choices. All stacking either Radiant or Darks. +5 Rings would be Best, but +4 will work as well. What makes this companion so special is one of his effects is a 10% debuff. Can’t go wrong with that. It also stacks.. so if you have 3 people in your party using it.. 30% debuff on top of every other debuff.
Other Active Pets – Fire Archon / Air Archon / Siege Master / Erinyes

Boons – Will update when I finish Storm King’s Thunder.. but I did path it out how I intend to go. All the rest are more in depth in the video.

tyranny

dreadring

elementalevil

icewinddale

mazeengine

sharandar

underdark

stormkings

Mounts

Mounts
I view mounts as sort of a “bonus” system to make up for missing stats. As far as combat power goes.. if you are lucky enough to have a Legendary Mount, I would suggest the Tenser’s Disc for the 10% DPS increase. As far as mount powers go.. it will depend on what your character needs at this point. Power, Crit, Lifesteal, Armor Pen, etc.

As far as the Insignia Bonus’s go, I’m still working on them to be honest. Mod 10 gave us a bunch of new ones as well. I will update as I go along if I find better. But currently this is what I’m using.

Finally Here is the Video Guide/Build in Full:

And Also, here is the Spell Power Rotation Guide:

comments
  • November 2, 2016 at 4:55 pm

Great build! I’ve switched to yours and ma Warlock is powerful then ever! Thank you for sharing!

• Profile photo of swapilot
    November 4, 2016 at 12:39 am

Awesome build, I really like the highly informative videos! I cannot wait to try this build.

• Profile photo of KAdamsy1
    November 5, 2016 at 1:10 pm

What would you recommend for a weapon set till the twisted set is obtainable?

• Mikenight120
    November 9, 2016 at 4:53 pm

I want a great dps warlock but i want to make sure that choosing the hellbringer path is the best dps because all the builds ive seen are soulbinder and i want to make sure this is a great build. Im ps4 just incase

• Mikenight120
      November 9, 2016 at 4:56 pm

and i only play PVE just incase

• Profile photo of Garlaanx
        November 15, 2016 at 7:47 am

I would suggest going Damnation until your gear score is like 3k. You will live a lot longer during dungeons as SB Damnation. HB Fury is great DPS.. but you need the gear / item level to see it’s true potential. I would say HB Fury is more End Game.. and SB Damnation is more leveling 1-70 and getting your item level up. (Also, you can still stay SB Damnation even if you are 3k+.. at this point in the game and how both paragons work.. it’s based solely on your playstyle and how you want to play the game)

• November 10, 2016 at 4:50 pm

Does the new Tyrannical Threat rework replace the 20℅ buff from warlocks curse when the Dailey is used single target boss? If so then there would be no increase in dps using that Dailey?

• Luiz
    November 10, 2016 at 7:42 pm

Hey Garlaanx! Awesome build as always. Im using it on my HB SW and its amazing.
    Do you know of any transmutation to Twisted set to let them look better?
    Im currently using twisted set with dread enchant on it, and I hate the way they look 🙁

• Profile photo of Garlaanx
      November 15, 2016 at 7:50 am

Honestly, I don’t mess around with Transmutes. I care about Stats in the game not looks =( .. I think the Warlock Weps look pretty lame to begin with it. I would just try to find something you like =)

• Alex
    November 13, 2016 at 6:09 pm

So now Hellbringer > SoulBringer i get it?

• Luiz
      November 14, 2016 at 5:44 pm

u mean Soulbinder.

• Profile photo of Garlaanx
        November 15, 2016 at 7:51 am

HB Fury does more DPS yes. The SB Damnation is still tanky though. It all depends on how you want to play these days. 90% of Warlocks are currently running HB Fury.. I’d say 8% are running SB Damnation.. and maybe 2% are running SB Fury… so, in the long run… all up to you =)

• TerrasighT
    November 15, 2016 at 8:23 am

Hi there,

“Rings – Ring of Rising Precision & Ring of Rising Power”

Why? AtM I run sudden brut & sudden precision, why you suggest the rising ones?

• Profile photo of Garlaanx
      November 22, 2016 at 9:45 am

Because I use Sudden Rings on Companion. You can’t use Sudden rings on yourself and companion. The effects won’t stack together. Hence, using Rising Rings on your character.

• TerrasighT
        November 22, 2016 at 9:48 am

Me too on companion…so they don’t stack? Don’t knew it…thanks… 🙂 I’ll change and testing 🙂

• TerrasighT
        November 22, 2016 at 10:54 am

Ok I’ve tested it on puppet at stronghold. I’m on PS4 and what I can see they stack (I only can look at my stats, I’ve no sheet to look at). For example crit: Without sudden crit on me and companion only I can reach 27k. WITH sudden precision on me AND companion I can get over 30k. Same for sudden brutality.

So…it’s a difference between PC and PS4?

• TerrasighT
          November 22, 2016 at 10:59 am

Without sudden on me and on companion only I mean…

• Profile photo of Garlaanx
            December 5, 2016 at 11:31 am

27k without and 30k with doesn’t make sense then. Each rings gives 4k each. With Rank 12 Bondings you get 300% more. If they did stack you would get 4k from the ring on yourself.. + another 4k+300% more from ring on companion as well. As I said.. they don’t stack. They refresh each other. The one on your character will proc.. then the one of your companion will proc right after.. So, you can get almost 100% up time.. but they don’t stack

• TerrasighT
            December 5, 2016 at 11:37 am

That was what I mean… Stack was the wrong word for it (i’m not native englisch). The point was: I get “for me” better results with the sudden combination as with the rising one…

• Luiz
    November 18, 2016 at 7:42 pm

Garlaanx! Help help again!

Im using a Transcendent Dread on my Weapon. Do I still need to boost crit severity, for example, with Tiranny od Dragons Boons? Can I change them to life steal?

• Profile photo of Garlaanx
      November 22, 2016 at 9:46 am

On Console it doesn’t show your total crit severity stat. So, you have to manually add up how much you currently have. Anything past 185% in my opinion is useless. Even at 150% is fine. It’s up to you =)

• Rafael
    November 21, 2016 at 2:33 am

Hey dude… i can’t get the twisted weapons yet. Which elemental do you think it’s better for this build?

• Profile photo of Garlaanx
      November 22, 2016 at 9:47 am

Elemental Weps are very out dated. I would worry about getting the 2500 item level to get into Demo and start farming your Ichor. 10.5 out soon, will be even better weps. I would suggest getting Ensorcelled until Twisted.

• Daniel
    November 26, 2016 at 6:05 pm

Hey man I’m running your build…2800 gs and doing by my standards terrible
    Any chance you can get with me in game?
    PSN:draughmor

• Jeremiah Siemiaszko
    December 1, 2016 at 3:49 pm

Looking to get either the vorpal or dread, i was told that the vorpal only adds crit severity to at wills. Is this true? Cuz if it us, wouldnt the dread be the clear winner in that case?

Thanks

• Profile photo of Garlaanx
      December 5, 2016 at 11:33 am

Vorpal works on EVERYTHING.. Dread only works on ENCOUNTERS. HB Fury will benefit more from the Dread. However, I just prefer the Vorpal because my at-wills do huge damage as well. It’s up to you what you want to use.

• Profile photo of toflux
        December 5, 2016 at 12:52 pm

Same doubt here… 2900 HB using this build.
        I’ve read that Vorpal do not work on ENCOUNTERS, but know reading from you that it work.
        So I presume that Vorpal doesn’t work only with PoP in our rota?
        I’ve Vorpal but on PS4 we do not have server test…
        Big big doubt if make the change with Dread or not. And now more big than before 😛

• Profile photo of Richard C
    December 5, 2016 at 10:01 pm

Loving this build, its made me love my lock again!! Thanks