my allies never die (MOD9)

by Pallalala on May 14, 2016

my allies never die (MOD9)

hey, my name is Pallalala and I play an Oathbound paladin, since the nerf the tank build got nerfed pretty hard, so i went healadin (oath of devotion)

before we start i would like to give credit to “Mod 6 Oath of Devotion Paladin (AKA Healadin)” this guide is based on that one.

1: well, healadins have the biggest heals in game, i’m 2.5k geascore, and I’m always first place healing in tiamat.

2: they have  unique, sick aura that makes “revives” people in a range of 35′ of you

2: I love being crucial to the party, not just some stupid DPS 😀

In my opinion the race doesn’t matter that much, but if you wsant to be the best, u have to look for every little thing that can make you better. when i started my paladin, i didn’t think about my race, so i have the wrong one, DON’T TAKE DROW XD

• Metallic Ancestry Dragonborn [+2 to any two Ability Scores; +3% Power and Critical Strike; +3% healing from spells and abilities; +3% Health Points]

This is my first choice, becuase power and crit gives you better heals, and 3% extra heals, speaks for itself

• Dragonborn [+2 to any two Ability Scores; +3% Power and Critical Strike; You receive 5% more healing from all spells and abilities]

Normal dragonborn is also good, again extra heals. the reason why i didn’t choose this one as first choice is because it doesn’t              increase healsto the party, but that’s just my opinion.

•  Human [+2 to any two Ability Scores; 3% increased Defence; +3 extra feat points]

the best option, if you are a F2p player, extra feat points are always sweet, and extra defence is also nice

i didn’t really think about my roll when i made this character, but i suggest you to focus on wisdom and charisma. Constitution can also be sweet for dmg res and hp.

Here is mine:

ability points

I will explain the ones that don’t seem obvious.

basic feats

if you are human, put extra points in Divine Wisdom or Force of Will

heroic feats

Column 1

weapon mastery 3/3

touchness 3/3   (extra hp is always usefull,and much better than the ap gain of divine action, I put the third point in it to advance the                               column 3

column 2

exemplar’s haste 3/3

light’s shield 1/3  ( need it to advance to column 3, so not really important, u can place that point wherever you want)

column 3

dominating presence 5/5

divine atunement 3/3

column 4

divine wisdom ( just to get rid of the point, you can also put it somewhere else)

force of will ( just to get rid of the point, you can place it somewhere else if you want)

light paragon is the only heal path, so pretty obvious. place the 5 bulwark points at last, for i placed them there because of my playstyle

other feats

column 1

gifts of light 5/5

seraphim 5/5 ( altho I avoid taking damage, it just isn’t impossible to never being touched, and 15% extra heals is ompossible to ignore as a feat

column 2

light touched 5/5 ( we are full heals, and the only way to provide a decent buff to our party is with our dailie, this is why this feat is important

column 3

share the light 5/5

column 4

Healers touch 5/5

echoing heal 5/5

column 5

holy bonds 5/5

column 6

redemption 1/1

as you noticed, we have  points remaining, you can place these wherever you want. here is where you should put them in, in my opnion

holy resurence: ( bulwark paragon) this is the one i’ve chosen because i often use sanctuary. it gives a good heal to allies in the range(                           often used when i have a meavy melee party) and it give 10% dmg res to them, which increases their survability.

aura gifts: gives power to the party in 30′ of you, sounds good, but we don’t have that much power, so isn’t that usefull in my opinion. i’m                 here to heal, and to keep them alive , i’m not a buffer.

deific intervention: gives a nice buff to the party when you are dead, well, don’t die and this feat is useless.

you can keep vow of emnity at rank1 unless you don’t know where to spend more points

• oath strike: deals some dmg, 10% extra heals for 15 sec and a heal to allies
  • cure wounds: this is your main healing skill MUST HAVE

• aura of life: revives allies in near death state in a range of 30′ of you for 30% of their hp. MUST HAVE

for the second class feature, choose one, i’m not sure which one is the best, I believe its a personal choice.

• aura of divinity: heals allies in 30′ of you every 3 seconds (very good in tiamat or dragon runs)
  • aura of wisdom: 25% cd reduction to you and your allies in range 30 of you ( i never use this personally,)
  • aura of restoration: allies in 30′ of you gain  25% extra healing of you ( i use this one in the normal dungeons )

• healing font ( usefull if you have to heal 2 groups at once, put this on the least dmged group, and heal the other one with cure                         wounds)
  • shield of faith  MUST HAVE ( one of the only skills that gives dmg res to party, which increases survability)

• bond of virtue: must have
  • cleasing touch: ( altho you at-will is a pretty good heal, this one also removes CC of allies and can be used when you                                           are controlled yourself)
  • divine touch: ( you can use this instead of cleasing touch, i think this is your biggest aoe heal, after divine call, but doesn’t remove cc)
  • vow of Emnity: ( heal allies who hit the target, so good heal when you have to dodge CC and have no time to heal 24/24
  • bane: ( debuffs enemy or buffs ally, good for bosses who hit very hard, I always use it in CN at final boss, because lots of tanks          have a hard time tanking it. it has a limit of 3 stacks / target, so sometimes you can buff and buff at the same time if 1                target is at max stacks.

solo powers:

I strongy recommend to NOT solo zones, look for a guildmate or somebody with same quests as you, but soloing goes very slow. i won’t spend a lot of time for solo powers, i will put everything here,( at-wills encounter powers and class features)

• radiant strike
  • cure wounds
  • aura of vengeance
  • aura of solitude
  • smite
  • relentless avenger
  • vow of Emnity
  • divine judgement
  • heroism

this is your second biggest aoe heal, best way to use it is to use the 3 after each other because the heals will get bigger n bigger, but if you don’t have to heal a third time, better to spare a stack.

charander campaign:

Dread Ring Campaign:

dread ring

Ice Wind Dale Campaign:

Underdark Campaign:

Tyranny of Dragons Campaign: notice i don’t have the last boon in here, i’d put it in Dragon’s Fury

Maze Engine Campaign:

maze engine

elemntal campaign:

elemental campaign

try to stay safe and just spam cure wounds, make sure your allies are all in range of bond of virtue. bond of virtue always has to be activated. it gets desactivated by stunns and maybe some other stuff. when that happends bov goes into cd and you have to get in close range of allies and use sanctuary till the cd is over. if you see there is cc on an allie or you are stunned, use cleansing touch. when using vow of emnity, its better sometimes to wait n see which target your allies target, so you are sure you put it on the correct one. When using bane put it on targets why deal heavy dmg, your tank if he has a hard time tanking, or on the biggest dps if stuff has to go faster. try spam shield of fate. if you have a lot of allies, such as in Dr runs or tia, use healing font. like this nobody will die. and if there is an enemy down, just get to closer range to activate aura of life.

if you didn’t understand my text, try this:

how to use:

Cure Wounds:  always use this when you have to heal people, (I spam this all day long)

Oath Strike: use this when you want to deal some dmg and heal a bit. (I only use this when i have vow of emnity on my target)

Bond of Virtue: you always have to have this skill on active, izi

Cleaning Touch: use this when you allies is poisened and when your enemy deals heave dmg or aoe

divine touch: use when allies are splitted, try using this before divine call, it gives bigger heals n fast reload

Bane:  use if you want to decrease dmg and res of target or increase dmg and res of allie, ( i use this if things go slow and on Ocrus in              CN)

Vow of Emnity: use this when you can’t keep up with the healing, or if you are lazy (this is a laggy dr skill)

Sanctuary: use this one when Cleaning Touch in on cooldown or if you want to give a bit of dmg res to your allies

Healing Font: use when you have a lot of allies to heal, (i use this for tia and dr runs)

Shield of fate: use it to give extra res to allies, (i try to spam this as much as possible)

divine call: best way of use is when your allies are splitted around you. using 3stack at once gives biggest heals, but is usually a but overcooked, since it doesn’t reload that fast, be carefull with its use

my gearscore is 2.5k so i’m not 100% sure about what i’m talking here.

• drowcraft (gear)
  • dragonflight restoration set (gear)
  • elemement of water ( weapon n shield)
  • tiamat set ( waist, ring and neck, for extra healing. here are the names of the items: tiamat sash, Tiamat’s orb of Majesty and amulet of tiamat’s                     demise)
  • drowcraft ( shirt and trousers for extra healing on set bonus)

• offense: radiant (more power -> bigger heals) or azure ( bigger crits -> bigger heals)
  • deffense: radiant ( more hp -> better survability) or azure ( more def -> more survability)
  • utility: dark ( movement is always nice, certainly if you often use sanctuary)

i don’t really like companions, so i use a goat, it makes you stronger 🙂

for mount powers, everything is good, bet the least good powers for us are deflect, mr pen and life steal

i don’t know a lot of artifacts, i always use sigil of the oathbound paladin, because it gives extra survability to my party. but again i’m sure there are much better ones. but i didn’t take care of my artifacts yet so don’t copy mines 😉

so this was it, let me know what you think about my guide. let me know if i forgot something. if you can tell me better gear n stuff i don’t know a lot about, feel free to msg me ingame, i will adapt my guide and give you the credit. if you have any questions just ask 🙂

sorry for my english, its obviously not my first language, and sorry if its sloppy, first time i’m doing this. its all about the content, not the looks 😉

could be i say some things twice 😡 guess it doesn’t matter that much 😀

• Krungie
    May 18, 2016 at 6:30 pm

I love this build on my 3.3 pally crazy good heals thank you so much for the build

• Pallalala
      May 19, 2016 at 1:58 am

thank you, perhaps you could give me some advise on gear? since mine is kinda rubbish XD

• Krungie
        May 22, 2016 at 4:11 pm

Get gear with power and crit is what I’m using my heals crit for 100k+ and artifacts with power and crit aif your able to

• Quicksilver
    May 20, 2016 at 1:08 pm

I think CON stands for Constitution, not Construction 😛
    Anyway, thanks for the build, I’m going to try this one 🙂

• iLag
    May 23, 2016 at 12:22 am

Have you tried running CN with your healadin without tank? If yes, how is the result?

• Pallalala
      May 23, 2016 at 7:19 am

no you can’t tank it, but if you go with a full range Pt u can make it to the end, but always nice to have a tank GF for the dmg boost

• Theo
    May 23, 2016 at 2:48 pm

A couple of extra things. Dont forget the RB (divine call) when needing to heal a larger area this will heal for large amounts to a large number of people. You can also heal a Scourge Warlocks soul puppet just for fun and watch him go.
    Dont go too mad on the heals. I have a fairly low scored Healadin who can heal for over 150k in one go. Not a lot of people have more HP than that so any more (unless you are going higher for the shared heals) is not going to be too useful.
    I will have to disagree with the shared power feat. Power is very useful to a party and they will ALL get the buff if near you for 6 seconds.
    If you are looking to use shield of faith for the damage reduction then using relentless avenger will get your AP up very quickly and get you to use it more frequently. I tend to use (in a group) bond of virtue, bane and relentless avenger and the shields (even at my low level) are permenant.
    I know it can look good on a stat sheet for a dungeon when you heal for 40 million but its very rare that you take that kind of damage. I tend to get those figures on CN on my bub pally but rarely elsewhere (and it tends to be when I am running lower scored people through so the dungeon takes longer)

• Pallalala
      May 23, 2016 at 9:28 pm

i forgot to put divine call in my guide, i will update it. u have a point about the big heals, but yes, i want to heal everybody at once. i will think about the power feat u might be right there.

the problem with relentless avenger it is the most hated skill in this game, even tho it can fill more than 50% ap, i don’t feel that its worth it. but its beautifull if you run solo

• Slack83er
    May 23, 2016 at 4:08 pm

Mmm… build is nice. As a personal taste, I run Dwarf. Something leaves me doubtful: Divine Action is cool, it helps you replenish AP faster… you don’t use it..why?
    And second thing: you say there are some points to spend, but your pic shows otherwise…can you clarify?

• Pallalala
      May 23, 2016 at 9:17 pm

the reason i don’t use Divine action is because i feel like my AP fills fast enough without it, i use healing font a lot these days. which stays on for a pretty long time, by the time its over my ap is full already. in big dungeons u can usually use healing font -> shield of fate and reuse healing font before it ran out

the points matter was already in the guide, i think u didn’t continue reading ( i hope this is what you ment)
      as you noticed, we have points remaining, you can place these wherever you want. here is where you should put them in, in my opnion

holy resurence: ( bulwark paragon) this is the one i’ve chosen because i often use sanctuary. it gives a good heal to allies in the range( often used when i have a meavy melee party) and it give
      10% dmg res to them, which increases their survability.

aura gifts: gives power to the party in 30′ of you, sounds good, but we don’t have that much power, so isn’t that usefull in my opinion. i’m here to heal, and to keep them alive , i’m not a buffer.

• Slack83er
        May 23, 2016 at 9:29 pm

I see your point… but I don’t completely agree with NOT being a buffer… by increasing their DR you effectively BUFF your party… and by giving them power you make the battle shorter, thus increasing their effectiveness..think about it.. Moreover… when the party is fully healed what do you do? you can’t just stand around, so sharing your power or protect them from being harmed is very useful! 🙂

• Pepperpots
    May 24, 2016 at 11:07 am

Did they fix the aura that ingnores soulforge for the healadin? i think it is a rank 50 aura that picks up a downed teamate after they go down but does not work well with soulforge. Did they fix that?

• Pallalala
      May 27, 2016 at 12:02 am

i have no idea about that bug, but i do notice that sometimes the skill odesn’t work, but no idea if its because i reveived that ally earlier or if its at random

• Barilisk
    May 29, 2016 at 1:56 pm

I only noticed one thing missing, you forgot to include the elemental evil boons. Otherwise, very solid build. I am currently using it on my paladin, but I am only level 36 right now, so a lot of the main skills I need have yet to be unlocked.

• Pallalala
      May 29, 2016 at 7:31 pm

will update my guide this evening 🙂

• Barilisk
        June 4, 2016 at 2:40 pm

This may seem like a really stupid question, but the encounter power bond of virtue, does that mean that if you heal yourself all allies within range get the heal, or is it only when you heal someone else?

• Vampiric
    June 12, 2016 at 10:18 pm

im not sure about what powers to use and you explain pls

• Pallalala
      June 24, 2016 at 1:39 pm

in my guide is written which ones you should use, some of them are a must, others are personal…

• Matt
    June 16, 2016 at 11:12 pm

Sorry if I missed this, but what weapon enhancement are you using? I’m an xbox nerfed permabub, and I’m thinking I’ll change to this.

• foxxy
    June 17, 2016 at 8:30 am

as “a stupid dps” I must say you can KMFA. Now that that is out of the way,, is this guide 6/16 compliant. Apparently both specs of. the palladin were ass raped so badly in todays almost 3 gb update that all the paladins in my guild deleted their toons. (Had 12 of them before today). considering a` healer build now, as I always felt the palladin should of been a healer class rather than a tank class. And will consdier this guide if it isn’t baddly affected.

• DragonBane-Sasha
    June 18, 2016 at 5:13 pm

There are a lot of issues I have personally with your build. Mostly probably because I am a more experienced Heal paladin. Honestly there is to much to say and currently not enough time. Sorry if you take offense to this but you can/need to GREATLY improve on your build.

• Matt
      June 24, 2016 at 12:30 am

Then please post your build/say the improvements. A lot of us former permabubs are switching to healadins, and this build seems to be working really well. If you have a better one, I’d love to see that.

• PSN: T-Magic615
    August 6, 2016 at 8:46 pm

I am on PS4 and followed this build very closely and I must say my allies love it just as much as I do. As long as you pay attention, they never die. Thanks for sharing your info because it has made things easier.