[Mod 9] Sylvanas Windrunner’s PvE HR High Crit/Lifesteal Build
Hello everyone! My ingame name is Sylvanas Windrunner some of you may know me as the guild leader of Death To The Unsuspecting and my main character is a Trapper Hunter Ranger. I’ve recently had a lot of people asking me for my build so i decided I’d make a guide for everyone! Not to mention I haven’t seen a lot of guides/builds for the HR recently. Now please keep in mind I’m only 3k Item level so the guide is a work in progress and I will update as i go. But I can guarantee you’ll be pushing a lot of dps. Alright with all that said let’s get down to it!
- Being that the HR’s core abilities are DEX and WIS, the best choice for race would be a Dragonborn for the +2 in any base roll stat which you would put into DEX and WIS. You’ll also get +3% to your power and critical strike, and 5% more healing from all spells and abilities.
- If you cant afford the Dragonborn race the Wood Elf would be a close second in my opinion, which is what I chose being I prefer the appearance of the Wood Elf over the Dragonborn. As a Wood Elf you get a +2 to DEX and WIS. Along with a 1% higher crit.
- You could also choose Drow for the Dark Fire ability which will give you a 5% chance to reduce the the target’s Defense by 10%, along with +2 DEX/WIS
Base Stat Rolls
In my opinion DEX and WIS are important to the PvE HR so i rolled a 18 DEX and 18 WIS which of course is after you add your +2 to each. Add +1 to DEX and WIS every 10 levels.
- At wills: Hunter’s Teamwork/Rapid Shot
- Encounters: Constricting Arrow/Cordon of Arrows/Fox’s Cunning
- Dailies: Seismic Shot/Forest Ghost
- Personal’s: Aspect of the Serpent/Aspect of the Lone Wolf (You could also use Crushing Roots Instead of Lone wolf for a little more crowd control)
The rotation for the build is very important for max dps. So you’ll want to open with Fox’s Cunning, then hit them with a Hunter’s Team work for the damage debuff, then Constricting Arrow. Now here’s where it can get a little complicated, you’ll want to tap right bumper twice to switch to melee stance then back to ranged so your Biting Snares feat will proc and youll get a 30% damage increase. After that you hit Cordon of Arrows then switch back to melee with RB then before you start with melee you use Careful Attack(Hunter’s Teamwork in melee stance) for the debuff which makes you and your teammates do more damage to the target. After that you’ll come in close and use Plant Growth, Steel Breeze, and then Fox Shift. Rinse and repeat.
A lot of people like the dragonflight gear but being this is a crit build I prefer not to use it being you’ll lose a lot of crit so I personally went with 2/4 Dusk and 2/4 Elven(T2 gear that you buy with the Seals of the Protector). Go with the pieces that have the most crit.I chose the dusk set 2/4 due to the set bonus you gain while in a group. You’ll get an extra 1k Power, 1k Defense and 5k HP. In the pic you will see that I did transmute for appearance but the items I use are as follows.
- Dusk Raid Hood
- Elven Assault Coat
- Elven Assault Bracers
- Dusk Raid Gaiter
For the rings I’d say its really personal preference but make sure they are double slot rings for more enchants. You could go with a +5 ring from Underdark/Maze Engine that has crit or power (like the ring of Brutality +5) which I am currently farming for. I’ll update this guide with my final decision on the rings later. If you don’t want to farm for the +4/+5 double slot rings you could get your Jewel crafting to level 25 and make the Personalized Adamant Ring of Piercing. I’m currently using that and the Ring of Ambush +4 (so i don’t agro mobs during dailies)
For the HR you’ll want to go with the Lostmauth Set for the extra hit of damage every time you crit. This set can be obtained through farming ELOL or buying the pieces from the trade house. The set consists of the following:
- Lostmauth’s Hoard Necklace
- Golden Belt of Puissance
- Lostmauth’s Horn of Blasting
Get your leather working up to 25 to make the gemmed leather shirt and pants the set consists of the following:
- Gemmed Exquisite Elemental Shirt
- Gemmed Exquisite Elemental Pants
I really like the twisted set for the HR for the amazing set bonus.(Gain Paranoia:gain 160 Defense when struck, lose a stack of bloodlust. Bloodlust: gain 160 power when you strike an enemy, lose a stack when struck. Can stack 24 times.) With my boons, Dusk set, group buffs from DC/OP, and the set bonus from the Twisted set I can get my Power over 24k. Keep in mind that the Twisted set is a pain to grind for but i promise the reward is well worth it!
- Twisted Toxo
- Twisted Xiphoi
- Lantern of Revelation – Crit/Armpen/CA
- Sigil of the controller – Power/Crit/Control Resist
- Sigil of the Trickster – Crit/Deflect/CA
Keep in mind you could switch the Sigils out with the Symbol of Water or Thayan Book of the Dead. I chose the sigils as a time consuming cheap alternative.
For the enchantments you want to focus on crit and lifesteal
- Offense: Azure Enchantment for crit
- Defense: Dark Enchantment for lifesteal
- Utility: 2 Dragon Hoard Enchantments and 3 Fey Blessing Enchantments
- Weapon: Dread Enchantment for crit severity and a nice debuff
- Armour: Shadowclad Enchantment for some deflect or Soul Forged Enchantment for a revive
These are my stats as of now. I’m working for more Life Steal.
The boons that I have chosen are mostly crit/lifesteal based. I’m currently working on the Maze Engine campaign and will post an image of the boons i have chosen when I’m done.
- Legendary Black Dragon Ioun Stone: Increases Critical Chance by 10% when you are below 50% HP. Now with the BDIS you’ll want to put Profane Runestones in the offense slots for more crit. You’ll also want to put some personalized rings on it with Azures in offense and Darks in the defense slots for extra stats. Also try to get it to legendary for the legendary bonus.
- Epic Fire Archon: Increases damage against targets with less than 50% HP by +7%
- Epic Air Archon: Increases damage against targets not at full HP by +5%. Each additional active archon increases this bonus by .5%.
- Epic Earth Archon: Increases damage against targets by 6% when you are at full HP. Each additional active archon increases this bonus by .5%.
- Epic Skeleton Dog: +300 Life Steal
I’m currently working on getting testing different insignia combos and will update this post when I find the mounts and combos I like. As of now I’m switching between the Heavy Howler for +2k Crit and the Dusk Unicorn for the +2k Life Steal depending on the situation I’m in.
NOTE: This build is a work in progress and will be updated as I go.
And that just about sums it up guys. I hope you learned something from this build. If you have any questions or constructive criticism please leave a comment below or shoot me an email. I’d like to give a big thanks to my guild ◊Death To The Unsuspecting◊ for being there for me! If you’d like to run with me or my guild sometime please feel free to contact me in game! (Xbox Only)