Trickster Rogue

Mod 6 TR PvE Executioner build

by Ezio on July 13, 2015

Mod 6 TR PvE Executioner build

Most guides for the TR are for PvP. Many people believe that the TR was created solely for PvE, but I believe that it can be a devastating force in PvE if played correctly. With the right encounters and buffs, not only can you be a successful support role, keeping the enemy slowed and stunned, but you can also do massive amounts of DPS.

Race Selection:

1. Dragonborn: +2 DEX / +2 STR — 4 points in DEX, 4 points in STR for 24 STR – 24 DEX – 14 CHA.

2. Half Orc: +2 DEX / +2 STR — 4 points in DEX, 2 points in STR, 2 points in CHA  for 24 STR – 24 DEX – 14 CHA.

3. Human: +2 STR — 4 points in DEX, 4 points in STR for 24 STR – 22 DEX – 14 CHA.

Starting Roll: Pick the  16 DEX – 16 STR – 11 CHA (Racial bonuses not included).

Paragon Path: Whisperknife or Master Infiltrator

I don’t believe that it matters too much, which paragon path is chosen. It’s more of a personal preference to be honest. Most of the powers that I use are able to be used by both classes. The only one right now that it not able to be used by both is Invisible Infiltrator. So for that I have chosen Master Infiltrator as my Paragon Path.

Skill Rotation:

• At-Wills: Duelist Fury, Cloud of Steel

• Encounters: Smoke Bomb, Dazing Strike, Lashing Blade

• Class Features: First Strike, Skillful Infiltrator

• Dailies: Blood Bath, Whirlwind of Blades

Note: Lashing Blade can be swaped for Blade Flurry in an AOE environment, but I prefer lashing blade because most of trash mobs are eliminated fairly quickly and LB is very nice for a single target.

Feats & Boons

Feat tree is straight Executioner. I did not put any points into Devastating Shroud or Twisted Grin. The reason for not putting into Twisted grin is due to fact it only procs once every 10 seconds and can only get +25% more damage at most. I would rather take a constant +25% below 40% HP and 30% HP. Sometimes there isn’t enemies dying around you in boss fight for Twisted Grin to proc on, but you can allways count on the contant +50% damage below 30%.

Campain Boons – I stand behind all my boon selections except fo the Tyranny of Dragons campain. I believe I should be 1 in Life steal, 1 in incoming healing and one in critical severity. I wouldn’t recomend all points in severity. Eventually I’ll get around to respec … eventually.

Note: We only need 1 legendary companion, that honor is for our Ioun Stone, more stats is always good. Legendary lvl doesn’t increase our companion’s active bonuses.

• (Augment) Choose an Ioun Stone. You can use Ioun Stone of Radiance if you prefer the extra life steal even being so low. Black Dragon Ioun Dragon Stone is also a good one but in the long term the active bonus won’t be useful. It is difficult to get a Radiance but Ioun Stone of Might is almost the same except for the active bonuses. I chose the Red Dragon Ioun Stone for the life steal and deflect.

• Epic Erinyes of Belial 10% Critical Severity and Epic Dancing Blade for an extra 5% Critical Severity, this makes 15% crit sev thanks to the companions.

• Air Archon or Fire Archon are very good options too. Air Archon which bonus activates as soon as your enemy is not at 100% hp and Fire Archon gives you 7% more dmg when your enemy’s hp is below 50%

• Armored Wolf gives 300 to critical almost an extra percent. I will probably swap this out if there is ever another time to get the Epic Cambion Magus. As it gives 10% Critical Severity.

Necklace, Belt and Artifact: We will aim for the Lostmauth’s artifact set bonus. Lostmauth’s Hoard Necklace, Golden Belt of Puissance and Lostmauth’s Horn of Blasting respectively. The set bonus “do an additional hit for Weapon Damage on a critical hit”, it’s simply perfect: +2 STR +2 DEX as stats just like our ability scores, additional hit on crits. Right now, the bonus is working better than it should, being fair I expect it to be nerfed a lot but even nerfed is going to be the best set for us so don’t hesitate to get it (it might become cheaper in the AH once is nerfed, so it’s up to you when you decide to get it.)

Main hand: Dagger of Elemental Fire: boosts our main At-will Duelist Furry. You will get it once you are done with the vigilance quests in Spinward Rise.

Off-hand: Elemental Fire Stiletto: Artifact class feature that upgrades our First Strike and artifact stat increasing our AP Gain. You will get it as soon as you hit Lv. 70 from Sgt. Knox.

Artifacts: After Lostmauth’s Horn of Blasting, we still have 3 more artifacts. First, Sigil of the Devoted Cleric, our dailies can deal much more damage than any other artifact (Token of Chromatic Storm hits really hard and have a very nice debuff but the stats aren’t great). Lantern of Revelation has very good stats: Critical/ArPen/CA dmg. Kessell’s Spheres of Annihilation has similar stats: Power/ArPen/CA. Sigil of the Controller (CW Artifact) is the only artifact which comes with Power and Critical so it’s a very good choice. The last artifact will depend on your stats, you can go for more crit/arpen/hp/power in that order. In example, if you choose a kessell’s spheres artifact, you can switch the Icewind Dale’s first boon for AoE resistance while keeping 2 artifacts that will provide enough Combat Advantage I ended up choosing Wheel of the elements for the Power and the Stamina gain. Stamina can be a life saver in dungeons. I obviously do not have the CW sigil yet, but once I get my CW up I will be swaping out the Heart of the Red Dragon.

Accesories: BIS rings are: Personalized Adamant rings of Recovery with 394 Power / 394 Recovery plus 2 Slots (offensive and defensive). I recommend Major Stamina Regeneration Jewel for the accesories (belt, cloak, rings) except in our augment companion, only Regen jewels works on them in the case you want to use them but the effect will be barely noticeable.

Necklace: Lostmauth’s Hoard Necklace as mentioned before with the extra AP gain granted at Legendary lvl. 4% each 3s is amazing, it will become 50% of our total AP gain during a battle. It’s a must to upgrade this artifact to max lvl asap. Cloaks with +8 AC are useless for DPS, it means 4% more damage resistance that won’t make any difference.

Weapon and Armor enchantments: Vorpal is a must for this build. Perfect is more than enough, there’s not really point upgrading, until last, your vorpal to Pure or Transcendent since the Crit Sev is going to be the same. If you are playing solo, Negation is a very good option but isn’t really good for dungeons where Soulforged is much more important.

Offensive slots: Azure enchantment.

Defensive slots: Mainly radiants but azure and brutal are a good option.

Utility slots: Dragon’s Hoard or Dark enchantments.

Note: While you are achieving your goal (reaching the maxed stats) you might need to switch some enchantments in order to get the other stats that you need, like more ArPen, meaning Darks instead of Azure in offensive.

I will update this build as my character progresses.

July 16, 2015 at 7:47 am

Why do You use azure in all offensive slots? I’ve seen already trs with 18k critical strike and around 75% critical chance but i dunno why boost it so much. Exec path has boost 100% critical chance during stealth so in my oppinion its pointles to have more then 100% bcs with 100% u should crit each hit you do.

• Ezio
      July 23, 2015 at 3:18 pm

True you have a 100% crit chance while in stealth. However, the problem comes when you are not in stealth which happens to be a majority of the time. I am only in stealth for about 3 seconds; basically I throw either my daily then encounter or just encounter if daily is not ready. The rest of the time I am not in stealth ergo I do not have a 100% crit chance at that point. My vorpal is only effective when I crit and if my crit chance is low while not in stealth then it is basically useless. This goes ditto for crit severity; it is useless when I don’t crit. That is why I stack Azure in offensive slots and try to boost my Crit as much as possible.

• Yung Beejay
    July 30, 2015 at 4:10 pm

Hey, I chose drow as race, does that matter that much?

Thanks for the great guide btw (:!

• Ezio
      August 6, 2015 at 9:07 pm

It’s won’t make too big of a difference. I choose Half Orc for the extra 5% crit severity. You would still be able to do a good amount of damage w/ a Drow.

• Alex
    August 4, 2015 at 10:46 pm

Hey thanks for a awesome guide! My question however is, (im a total noob) Where do i put my power points?

• RRJ
    August 9, 2015 at 4:54 am

Thanks for the guide. I’m really liking my Rogue with this build. I’ve tweaked it a tad bit. For example, I love the skill Impossible to Catch and I use that as my 3rd encounter skill a lot of the time.

The one problem I’m running into a bit now that I’m at 60 is that I feel like a bit of a glass cannon. I can’t take a lot of big hits from bosses and I’m wondering if I should be pumping up my defense instead of having so much in crit and power? Is a rogue a glass cannon in general or am I doing something wrong? I feel like this guide doesn’t really cover what stats are the most important and where you should kind of cap them.

I’d love to know where I should put my defense… and armor penetration (is that important?). I have my crit and power very high and everything else is kind of low (but I just got my defense up to 1k). What about deflection?

Anyway, this is a great guide, so thank you 🙂

• Ezio
      August 11, 2015 at 9:50 pm

It is a bit of a glass cannon. I was able to improve solo capabilities by swapping for the 4th boon on Sharandar and Dread Ring to the Healing one. It typically procs in the beginning of fight and will heal you as you are laying down smoke bomb. Until you start getting some of the healing boons it will be quite a glass cannon especially in the 61-70 content.

As far as defense, I try to get my Deflect as high as possible. Right now it is at ~30% which definitely helps makes you “less of glass cannon.” You still can’t take big hits, but they get deflected a majority of time it seems for me. Don’t worry about defense or regen.

ArPen is pretty important in PvE. I would try to get armor resistance up just as much as power for the lvl 60+ content. I believe the max you will need for armor resistance is 60%.

• Kirito
    August 12, 2015 at 12:28 am

What gear do you recommend? I’m on xbox one atm so the gear that tou have I won’t get until next month?

• RRJ
    August 12, 2015 at 1:10 am

Thanks man, that was really helpful! Kudos on the guide and thanks for responding.

• Pixy
    August 26, 2015 at 4:20 am

Good question why wouldn’t you go with black ice enchantments on offence don’t that make more sense I currently run rogue on xbox one and run all black ice offence and cruel on defence

• August 30, 2015 at 11:31 am

This is a high crit / high crit severity build so I was increasing my Crit strike as high as possible. This build is the most effective when the critical strike is above 50%. higher the better though as you need to crit for your vorpal to proc. You could go salvage or brutal, but I chose straight azure because my gear gives me enough power.

• Popa2caps
        September 15, 2015 at 11:36 pm

You have this build posted on 2 website but there not the same?!ezio—mod-6/cocq Seems you changed the heroic feat

Any update coming to this?

• September 16, 2015 at 10:55 pm

I will eventually update my build here. TBH I don’t think/haven’t found a way to update this post ergo I will have to post a new build and wait for it to be published. That process can take a couple weeks. I plan to update build on MMOMinds, but atm work and real life have been eating up most my time.

The other site you list is my guild site. I manage and maintain the content that site more frequently. Thus it is easier for me to update my build on there therefore it is more up to date. I plan on updating that site on the 18th of this month.

I also am trying to test out some new weapon enchants, specifically trans feytouched and eventually a legendary companion w/ perfect bonding stones.

Once I’m done testing out those two items I will likely update the post here, until then I would watch for a more up to date build.

• Samu
    September 7, 2015 at 5:11 pm

Ezio Can you please upload the power ability screen? thanks!

• Derek
    October 3, 2015 at 9:20 pm

Can u explain ur rotations to maximize dps I think they have changed since mod5 and I’m not doing as much dps as before

• October 3, 2015 at 10:27 pm

My up to date build is here:!ezio—mod-6/cocq

Current Skill Rotation.
      I enter stealth -> throw smoke -> throw daily (usually Lurker’s Assault for the extra damage boost. This also depends on situation. Enemies all most dead, use Whirlwind of blades.) -> Blade Flurry ( this doesn’t seem to have a maximum number of targets, so if there is a lot of targets best to use. With all the buffs it can also hit for over 100k per enemy. I usually use this until it goes on CD.) -> Dazing strike on most congested amount of adds – it has chance to hit more than one. -. Duelist flurryy

• jeetlebuice
    October 20, 2015 at 12:25 pm

Is this guide for xb1 and if not will it still be ok to use

• November 9, 2015 at 10:43 pm

Should be good for xbone players too. You guys are almost same level and none of the info posted here is after mod 7 was released.

• Souk
    October 27, 2015 at 11:20 pm

Where are the powers?

• Skarmos
    November 6, 2015 at 2:30 am

Hi, um if this isn’t too much to ask can you tell me how you dyed that fashion set (waterdhaven) because i cant find something with gold accent colors, iv been trying for a while but all i found was secondary gold from the masquerade set but it doesn’t look as good as the one you have lol, same with the grey in the secondary slot……..all i have is the primary black and lol and of course the waterdhaven set, so if anyone could let me know please do.

• Nick200969
    November 6, 2015 at 8:17 pm

Im on Xbox one and can’t find the companions are there any others you would suggest

• November 9, 2015 at 10:40 pm

You should be able to get most of the companions now. Maybe not some the the promotional ones like the Cambion Magus, but the armored wolf is a CTA reward, Erinyes of Belial is from SW booster pack,dancing blade is from wonderous bazaar, and the air Archon should be on market by now. An update, I now use the Yeti instead of stone as primary w/ Bonding stones.

• iLag
    November 9, 2015 at 3:36 am

Is it me, or did you just copy pasted some info from Lia’s GWF build?

• November 9, 2015 at 10:42 pm

Yes, some of the information is from Lazalia’s High Crit build because it is also applicable to this build. What information needed to be re tailored to the TR was, but there is no need to re-“write” the wheel.

• hello
    December 30, 2015 at 9:33 pm

I recreated this build on the neverwinter wiki page. I linked and gave credit to you. if you’d like it to be taken down for any purpose let me know and I’ll remove it. hopefully I didnt breach any unwanted copyright

• Roboelch
    January 6, 2016 at 3:26 pm

Ezio how can i get the artifact “Sigil of the Devoted Cleric”. I read that i have to do the mission the vault of nine to get it. I did the mission but only got sigil of trickster. The artifact is also bound to my character so i cant give it to an other character.
    Please help me.

• Vishara
    February 6, 2016 at 12:56 am

I recently respeced to this build and the difference is astonishing. I note you don’t pay much attention to life steal to address the glass cannon concern. What are your thoughts on Savage Enchantments in the defense slots? With the damage output, even a few shots of life steal can help quite a bit.

• February 8, 2016 at 2:57 pm

Check here, it is more up to date:!ezio—mod-6/cocq.

On the page listed above you’ll see that I do try for lifesteal. When my 3 bonding stones proc from the companion my life steal is around 20%.

Savage enchants would be good, I’m actually looking at the new Vicious enchants that were just released with the Gift of the Gods event a couple weeks ago.

• Vishara
        March 23, 2016 at 2:28 pm

Yeah, the Vicious just showed up this weekend on Xbox with the most recent CTA. I’m working on swapping them in and the Savage out. Because a deflect score of 38 seems low. 🙂 I know the actual chance is higher from attributes, but this seems like a good spot to mitigate incoming damage.

What do you think about armor kits? I’m still deciding between critical strike, deflection, and life steal. I’m leaning towards deflection as I think 800 there will have the most benefit.

• Vishara
          March 23, 2016 at 4:55 pm

Another idea, have you considered Thayan Book of the Dead instead of Wheel or the second Sigil? It seems made for this build; critical strike, armor penetration and action point gain.