[Latest] GWF Sentinel IV Build for PvP (Mod 5) by Swordfish

by Swordfish on November 24, 2014

[Latest] GWF Sentinel IV Build for PvP (Mod 5) by Swordfish

I got a lot of Mails when I took a Break from Neverwinter and a lot of tells when I came back 2 Month ago. Sorry that most of my Fellows had to wait many month but here is my new Build (Module 3 – 5).

Since the end of Module 2 (Tenacity and Healing Depression), everything is about DPS and Survive Abilities now. So forget all my old Builds and just enjoy my new Build, feel free to use it. We gonna start with some important Stats to get an overview about some changes. I’m using a mix from the known Intimidation build and my own build, I don’t like to stack over 10K power and being squishy. So with my Build you are able to deal decent damage and you are able to hold a PvP Node for a longer time.

I’m not a fan of “Glass Cannon” Builds. Most of the Intimidation GWFs stacking 10 – 13K Power but you can knock them out fast with some Skill and Knowledge. So if you like to be a Node Holder with decent damage, follow my Build.

Halfling (+2 CON, +2 DEX, +10% CC Resistance, +3% Deflection Chance)

Pre Informations – Stats:

• Class: GWF (Iron VanGuard)
  • Hitpoints: 47K+
  • Damage Resistance: 46%
  • Deflection Chance: 40% (Normally 35% but Cryptic screwed up DEX atm, so you will get 5% extra)
  • Tenacity: 22% (DR, CR, CC Resist)
  • Crit Chance: 28%
  • Armor Penetration: 42% (CON and Armor Pen, use more Radiants in the off slots when you don’t like it)
  • Lifesteal: 529 (4.4 % – with the boon endless consumption = 3x)
  • Regeneration: 1185 (9.5 %)
  • Incoming Healing Bonus: 700 (7% more healing for incoming Heals)
  • Run Speed: 9.5 %

Gear and Character Sheet:

• Gear: Full Purified Black Ice Gear, you can try to mix it with 2 pieces of Corrupted Black Ice Gear but I like the Purified more on the defense stats (Def, Regen, etc)
  • Gear Hint for the Future: When the new Drow PvP Set is out, use all 4 Pieces of it! (+9.5% deflection chance)
  • Rings: The PvP Rings (PvP campaign) for a Tenacity Boost. Later i will use Personalized Arche Mage Rings (JewelCrafting Level 20)
  • Belt: Plated Band of Constitution (+4 CON)
  • Neck: Imperial Dragon Cloak (AP Gain during Combat, Power, Crit, Revocery)
  • Artifacts: Sigil of the Devoted (Primary), Sigil of Great Weapon Fighter, VanGuard Banner
  • Weapon: Golden Dragon’s Ferocity (Damage Increase by using Sure Strike)
  • Weapon and Armor Entchantments: Perfect Vorpal and Perfect Barkshield (You can also try a P. Soulforged instead of Barkshield but I like Barkshield more)
  • Entchantments: When you don’t like so much Armor Pen like I have, use only 2 x Dark Rank 10 and rest Radiant Rank 10. All Utility Slots = Darks
  • Overload Slots: 1 x Greater Green or Red Dragon Glyph (extra Damage) and 1 x Greater Black Dragon Glyph (good Crit boost)

Ability Points:

Put all Points into CON and DEX

Powers and Rotation:

• At Wills: Sure Strike and Threatening Rush
  • Dailies: Slam (It’s good! Glyphs proccing with slam :D) and Savage Advance
  • Powers for normal Rotation: Frontline Surge > Daring Shout > Indomitable BattleStrike
  • Powers for 1on1 a Trickster Rogue: Come and get it > Frontline Surge > Daring Shout + Slam (It’s annoying for Rogues)
  • Class Features: Weapon Master and Bravery (If you like to deal more Damage, try Trample the Fallen instead of Bravery)
  • Hint: Because of the Feat “Intimidation” your Daring Shout and Come and get it will deal Damage

sharboons dreadboons iwdboons todboons pvpboons

On the ToD Campaign, I will take the Life Steal and Crit Severity Boon but it’s not easy to get them.

A BIG Thank you to all my fellows who like to study/use my Builds, you can ask me anytime (but not when I’m in PvP huehuehue) Ingame when you have Questions. My Handle is @gizz0r and my Twitch Channel is www.twitch.tv/SwordfishGWF

• TheBeast
    November 24, 2014 at 5:13 pm

Finally! I was waiting since Mod4 for your new build :3 THX!!

• NOiSe
    November 24, 2014 at 5:18 pm

Thanks a lot mate! I like your builds

• whoopthereitis
    November 24, 2014 at 5:25 pm

Welcome back to NW bro! I gonna use your new build but I hope … I will never face you on pvp *scared* xD

• play2
    November 25, 2014 at 11:20 am

da pra usar no pve ??

• juned
    November 25, 2014 at 12:11 pm

Can i use ur build with my teifling race?

November 25, 2014 at 2:05 pm

Yes you can use it for any class as long as you keep your CON and DEX high. CON should be not lower then 22 and DEX should be 20.

• juned
    November 25, 2014 at 2:13 pm

Thanks alot bro. Just now i try ur build and its awsome

• jack
    November 25, 2014 at 6:07 pm

Sir,i need some advice just now i reset my stat and give all into con and dex. But my stat only got 22str 21con and 19dex. What should i do? Because i really like ur build. Is that -1 point con and dex really made a big problem?
    Sorry for my bad english

November 25, 2014 at 7:39 pm

You had a bad roll on creating your character, I had this too when i was Human. I bought a race reroll token and did it right then (and I went halfling). CON should be 24, DEX 20 on Level 60 and +4 CON over the Belt. When your DEX is only 19 instead of 20, it’s not that a big problem. On CON every point is 500 Hitpoints, so you would have 1000 HP lesser with only 22.

Just try to play with your Stats when you don’t like to spend money for a reroll.

• repjaws
    November 26, 2014 at 8:49 am

hi mate awesome built but isnt come and get me + daring + (ibs or front line surge) the best for pvp rotation

November 26, 2014 at 9:10 pm

Come and get it has a very long cool down and for myself, I like to land my Powers instead of smashing just buttons (Come and get it AND daring shout is lame together, no skill needed). IBS has a shorter cooldown and the same Damage with Crit and some Buffs.

• Jay
    November 26, 2014 at 10:48 pm

I love the build! I’ve recently came back to the game and was previously a half-elf GWF that emphasized on defensive routes, including a lot of lifesteal. Used to be able to replace GFs in PvE. I was wondering if there are any variations you’d make to this build for PvE or is this killing two birds with one stone? I want to assume this build can tank well in PvE but haven’t played in a long time.

November 27, 2014 at 1:14 pm

You can use it as well in PvE too. It’s not so much DPS like a PvE Destroyer but you can solo most of the Bosses in the epic Dungeons when most of your Team mates died 😉 I still have my Avatar of War Gear for PvE too, sometimes I’m using it when I wanna deal decent DPS, otherwise just keep your PvP stuff and try PvE with it, it’s nice!

• MK
    November 27, 2014 at 10:22 pm

Nice update from your previous guide. I want to use my Human with your build but i can´t pump my DEX to 20, just 18 …
    Where can i use my 3 Race feat bonus?
    Thank you!

November 28, 2014 at 7:20 am

User your 3 extra heroic points +2 in Armor Specialization, +1 in Steely Defense or +3 in the crit feat, where you get +1% crit for a point.

• Insanie
    November 28, 2014 at 4:02 pm

Can I use this build por pve too?it is good?

• Xguiih
      November 28, 2014 at 4:21 pm

This build is aoe damage or single target damage?

November 29, 2014 at 7:52 am

It’s both. You can deal good damage with single target (IBS / Takedown) and high crits with AoE like Come and get it / daring Shout. I’m switching my encounters most of the time, depends on the situation and what I’m fighting on a 1on1 etc.

November 29, 2014 at 7:50 am

Yes, it’s good for PvE too. You tank Mobs and Bosses. On easier Dungeons like Karrundax you can solo the bosses 😀

• Aeras Mythalbow
    November 28, 2014 at 5:12 pm

Nice. I recently respecced my GWF to this build, and it has worked great. I am currently using two-piece drow two-piece purified BI, but will have the last drow piece soon. Can you post a picture of the rest of your stats so I can check them against mine?

• MK
    November 28, 2014 at 5:44 pm

Nice, i´ll look for more def.

Thank you !

• SS4
    November 29, 2014 at 11:54 am

Nice to see an update since i have also taken a break from NW and was using ur old build and was planning to start playing again.
    Dunno if my human will still work for this updated build since i am 20 in str, dex and con . . .
    Should i try a different build since my con is too low or do you think itl still be efficient with slightly different gear settings to make up for it and the 3 extra feats?
    Thx for your time if you do answer me with some insight on what i should do 😛

• SS4
      November 29, 2014 at 11:59 am

Almost forget, how viable is the build now in PvE as i won’t only PvP.
      Thx man

November 29, 2014 at 12:18 pm

You can stay human but maybe buy a reroll or race reroll token, to get more in CON (minimum 22) and 20 on DEX (minimum 19). The reroll tokens are like 1500 Zen in the store.

I switched from human to halfling to get the deflect and cc resist benefits.

As human I would put the 3 extra feats in armor specialization and the feat which gives you +% crit.

• killa
    November 29, 2014 at 4:09 pm

can you win 1vs1 against those gwfs with 10k+ power with this build ?

November 29, 2014 at 8:57 pm

Yes, I’ve defeated most of them in a 1on1 in the last weeks. You just need skill and knowledge, like countdown their cooldown time on Come an get it etc. and use your Sprint smart. If you do it smart, u can kill those GWFs with 2 rotations.

• thedarkrabbit
    November 29, 2014 at 4:16 pm

what Drow PvP Set do you mean is coming out in the future ?

November 29, 2014 at 9:00 pm

A new PvP Set with T 3.5 Stats. It’s like the Profund gear but better on the stats, better on the 4 set bonus and over load slots. You can watch it on the Preview Shard.

• bigvicreeves
    November 29, 2014 at 9:49 pm

excuse my massive noob…but to get 28 CON u need base roll of 20+race perk of 2 then the additional 6 from leveling right? I been sat here for half an hour and cannot get a base roll of 20
    please be gentle

November 30, 2014 at 7:44 am

No 😉 You get +4 CON over the artifact Belt “Plated Band of Constitution” normally I would have 24 CON 😉

• olllz
    November 30, 2014 at 8:12 am

nice build, but I think you mean 24% not 42% armor pen^^

• Jay
    December 1, 2014 at 3:51 am

Currently, my character only has the greater plague fire enchant, but most of everything else is similar. Would the perfect vorpal really make a huge difference in comparison? Also, if you use the race reroll token, will it allow me to do +2 con/dex?

December 1, 2014 at 7:27 am

Yes, Perfect Vorpal makes a big difference on the Crit Damage. But Plaguefire is good too! Plaguefire is debuffing and your whole Team benefits from it. On Halfling you get +2 DEX and CON, yes.

• parse
    December 2, 2014 at 7:24 am

hi mate
    why have u choosen critical severity over critical chance in your heroic feats and go fro crtical severity rather than incoming healing bonus on the last boon of dragons. “is crit severity that imp for gwfs”

December 2, 2014 at 5:29 pm

The higher your Crit Severity the higher your Crit Damage, especially with Perfect Vorpal, 5% more Crit Severity on the last boon is a big boost on Crits.

My default Crit chance is 28% and is stacking up to 33% with weapon master, that is enough for my opninion (+600 crit from the Greater Black Dragon Glyph on a proc).

Crit Chance means only, how often you can crit, Crit Severity means how hard are your Crits on the Damage.

• Quicksilver
    December 4, 2014 at 11:44 pm

Hey, I really love your build. But I have problems against TRs. They got too much buff in Mod 5. Is there a tactic against them? Or do we just gotta wait till they get nerfed?

December 5, 2014 at 7:28 am

We need to wait for some nerfs on TR. The Bloodbath Damage or better said piercing damage Buffs are too strong on a saboteur TR. against Scoundrel trs (the dazing ones) use sprint most of ther time, slam daily when they are visible + Come and get it, frontline surge and daring shout.

• prakouvi
    December 6, 2014 at 5:30 pm

why did you choose imperial dragon cloak and not blackice cloak (what you said that you will buy) or lathander cloak ? yes imperial and blackice are almost the same but I would say armor pen is > than recover ?

December 6, 2014 at 6:25 pm

When you use Radiants in your offense slots, take the black ice one. If you use Darks in the off slots like me, you don’t need more Armor Pen, the Imperial Dragon one is cheaper then the black ice cloak, so for me, crit power and recovery is more important.

• Xguiih
    December 7, 2014 at 7:00 pm

There is a video showing this build in pvp?Sorry for my english i’m from brazil

• pplcross
    December 15, 2014 at 6:32 am

Great build. My question is stead of a iron vanguard this build works with sword master to ?

• Protime
    December 17, 2014 at 4:31 pm

Hey man!
    I’m starting now. As Hafling (with additions of 2 points) which is the initial roll?

• obra vastia
    December 21, 2014 at 12:19 am

pardon my nub, but its my first time playing and i have no idea how you got 70 power points? i was following your previous guide 🙂

• Martillo Grande
    December 21, 2014 at 8:47 pm

Swordfish, welcome back to the game! I really enjoyed your last build before you left. I see you race-changed to Halfling instead of human? I thought your human build was great before, and the extra three feats (in which you can capitalize on crit severity and crit chance) was great. Why the change of race? Also, I know others may have asked you, but what about using a Cloak of Lathander or Clock of Seldarine for the +8AC and damage reduction? Also, do you believe the new Drow PvP armor will be better than the current Black Ice Armor (which is OP for PvP in my opinion)?

Well, welcome back my friend. I hope to catch you on the battlegrounds.

• Blackhorseman
    December 23, 2014 at 4:24 pm

Hi Swordfish !

Thanks for great build !
    I would like to use this build for human. Are these follwoing initial and final values of attributes correct ?
    STR 16 +2 = 18
    CON 16 +6 = 22
    DEX 14 +6 = 20
    INT 9 +2 = 13
    WIS 10 +2 = 12
    CHA 10 +2 = 12

I think that me and another players are waiting for builds of another classes :).

• Blackhorseman
    December 31, 2014 at 3:16 pm

Hi Swordfish !

Thanks for great build !
    STR 16 +2 = 18
    CON 16 +6 = 22
    DEX 14 +6 = 20
    INT 9 +2 = 13
    WIS 10 +2 = 12
    CHA 10 +2 = 12

• dollar menu
    January 4, 2015 at 2:42 am

excuse my massive noob… = another 1 here
    looking at your ability scores pic , seems u have 1 more in each category then I am able to reach?
    please inform how I may also achieve this
    I have

• dollar menu
    January 4, 2015 at 5:22 am

ahhh , campfire

• Exil
    January 9, 2015 at 3:40 am

Dont have Black Ice yet, whats a good set that I can find on Auction for me to use while im getting to balck ice?

• Sadless
    January 20, 2015 at 5:08 am

Hi, Swordfish. What do you think about Elven Battle for protection against CW and Scoundrel TR?

• Kevin
    February 1, 2015 at 10:25 am

Hi there,

first of all Great Build!!!

i have a qyestion concerning the sigil of the devoted. do i need to do the vault of the nine with a cd to get it?, does it drop on mt gwf? or do i need to buy it??

• Shaltar
    February 10, 2015 at 4:37 pm

Great build, I love it! Quick question tho… looking at the screenshots, what items do you have in quickslots 4 & 5?

• Dan
    March 2, 2015 at 5:10 am

Swordfish I love the build!

Will you be doing another update for mod 6 will all the changes?

• Rob
    April 25, 2015 at 4:18 pm

This build good for leveling or just 60?

• Avalar
    May 18, 2015 at 3:07 am

recommended companions?

• LoneGhost
    June 29, 2015 at 9:40 am

Hi Swordfish, love your build, any chance of a mod 6 update?