GWF- DPS build by saviorgun

Profile photo of SaviorGUN
by SaviorGUN on May 18, 2013
Great Weapon Fighter

GWF- DPS build

Keeping this simple. Use it or not, just be respectful of me and most importantly others who are here to learn.

This is all my point of view and what I have found to work the best. Do not think this is law or final word. In fact I want others to improve it and maybe even teach me some.

Any really, I personally took Tiefling cause the extra damage on mobs <50% life. However it is all personal preference.

Ability Scores
Again personal choice but I took 18/13/13/10/10/8. Making sure to take the +2 in cha and the 8 in int.

After allocation in ends up like this.

Same as above this is what works for me.

Test it out and enjoy.

Sorry for the crappy pictures and for the hard to read points but I can cover them if needed.

Also shows what powers and such I use.

I gear power > crit > recovery.
As far as enchanting goes. In offensive slots put power, it works well with the bleed and Slam daily. Defensive either defense or hp. Utility run speed only.

I try to use my encounters as often as possible till i get my t2 4 piece at which point I will update this. Slam is the daily of choice for sure, adds a lot of damage and power for us. As far as Unstoppable(tab) is concerned I use it religiously, anytime I can. Even at half meter, the damage increase is to big to wait for it to be full.

I will post a good video of AOE and single target so you can get a good feel for how it works.

This is a simple video of Karrundax, my job is off tanking adds and well some damage.
Karrundax Epic
Also a few things to note from the video. 1- I sound like I am 14. 2- I may give in and sing on stream. 3- Ellen > Leno 4- My name is obviously Matt.

Always enjoy the game and what you do. Good damage does not just happen you must make it happen with solid play and a more solid mindset.

• Fuel
    May 29, 2013 at 3:00 pm

can you get better images for the powers i cannot see it.

• trololo
    July 15, 2013 at 11:49 pm
    you can use those or replace the ones you pasted
    you could also fix the movie link which is not working 😉

• Warghoul
    August 22, 2013 at 6:37 pm

Nice build. Had some crappy build b4. I had no clue how to spec my great weapon fighter and he ended up very badly and borring to play. I was laying my focus on defence and still he died a lot becuz he killed to slow. The dps was crapp, Then i tryed out your build and just like that my Half Orc great weapon fight kicked ass… a lott of ass. I really do some great dps now and i love all the astral projections going on when i use my Powers. He becomed fun to play again. Just wanna say thanks for the tip. Your DPS Spec rules. 10 of 10 stars from me.

Warghoul the Orc slayer

• chuck
    September 6, 2013 at 7:34 am

thank you kindly, i’m brand new to great weapon fighter, and this is just what I was looking for. So, thank you very much for posting.

• Nargod
    September 9, 2013 at 8:08 am

Hey there, when i checked upon your guide i might found an “mistake”.

In your build you say you used

18/13/13/10/10/8. Making sure to take the +2 in cha and the 8 in int.

But if you look at the int which is at 12 at the end and wisdom at 10 and you got both + 2, i guess your stats were

8 for wisdom and 10 for int.

Just wondered about it so i had to do the math 😀

• Profile photo of SaviorGUN
    December 28, 2013 at 7:44 pm

I have not played Neverwinter in a long time. I could get on, play around and update this. However I am focusing on other games currently. Getting ready for upcoming EQ Landmark alpha, WoW expac, and ESO. I look forward to making guides and playing all of them. So look for me if you are playing any of those.

• vermilia
    January 3, 2014 at 6:24 pm

Hello, um which path is the best and more damage for GWF and why? Vanguard or swordmaster. I don´t know which one to pick.

• March 30, 2014 at 12:23 pm

Nooo screenshot diasppeared! :( Could you re-upload them?

Leave a Response